Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Origin and Evolution of Life in Islam Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 9 Next >>
muslimapoclyptc  

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote muslimapoclyptc Replybullet Topic: Origin and Evolution of Life in Islam
    Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:53pm
Origin and Evolution of Life in the Light of Islam

By Dr. M. IZHARUL HAQ

"Life on earth is an old and controversial issue of the modern age. The modern Scientific and archeological discoveries of fossils show that there was life on the earth before human being. On the other hand it is generally believed (as the Bible tells us) that Adam was the first rational being created after the formation of earth, its rivers, dust and other animals. This also gives birth to another controversy. Darwin brought the idea that human being is evolved from ape-like creature. But the religious forum insists that Adam was new creation. Islam has its own point of view, and the Quran and Hadith has hinted to the issue in several verses..."

The entire article is located here.

Edited by muslimapoclyptc - 26 April 2006 at 8:53pm
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Kayyam  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Kayyam Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2006 at 12:18am
operative word: hinted
muslimapoclyptc  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote muslimapoclyptc Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2006 at 11:55am

Originally posted by Kayyam

operative word: hinted

Yes, and when you use those hints, and put them together, you come to the inevitable conclusion, which the author makes.

Aziz  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aziz Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2006 at 12:03pm
its all faith.
muslimapoclyptc  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote muslimapoclyptc Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2006 at 12:15pm

Originally posted by Aziz

its all faith.

Yes, faith in the Qur'an and the hadeeths to be precise. :) 

SayTheLordIsOne  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote SayTheLordIsOne Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2006 at 12:20pm

I am a Muslim who believes in the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection, this did not mean that Islam goes against science.

Theories are merely one explanation of reality and life, just like religion is.

If we go by what the Biblical and Qur'anic revelations tell us LITERALLY WHICH IS A DANGER, the world will only be 5,000 years old, but this is of course absurd since this planet is much older and life has a tendency to diversify on this planet, this conforms to the premise of evolution.

"To be the best Muslim is to be a good American, and to be the best American is to be Islamic. Both paradigms, the overtly Islamic and the traditionalist American, are the same."
-Robert Crane
muslimapoclyptc  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote muslimapoclyptc Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2006 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by SayTheLordIsOne

I am a Muslim who believes in the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection, this did not mean that Islam goes against science.

Theories are merely one explanation of reality and life, just like religion is.

If we go by what the Biblical and Qur'anic revelations tell us LITERALLY WHICH IS A DANGER, the world will only be 5,000 years old, but this is of course absurd since this planet is much older and life has a tendency to diversify on this planet, this conforms to the premise of evolution.

Did you read the entire article?

KORUM  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Other(Jedi)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote KORUM Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2006 at 10:31am
very interesting article im just slightly confused by soem things it says, its not very easy going to understand what point he is tryign to make as he jumps from one thing to the next. anyone fancy breaking it down for us?

'In life you have two choices, but a million factors.' (FLIMJAKL)
I need to find peace.
Deserves2Die  
Mureed
Mureed
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Deserves2Die Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2006 at 11:04am
 Do i look like an ape?
steady
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Atheist(Atheist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote steady Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2006 at 11:55am

There is a mistake in the quote you posted muslim apocalyptic ...

It is by no means "generally believed that Adam was the first rational being"

The majority of Christains accpet that this is an allegory ... and then there are the hindus ... buddists ... atheists ... agnostics ... shintoists ... 

None of these believe in Adam .. you'd think Dr Haq would have learned not to be so imprecise with his languagfe .. but I prefer to hypothesis that he chose this wording very carefully to make this belief look like the majority view and therefore more reasonable ...

To all the other rational Muslims .. it's great to see that it is not a neccessary condition for faith that you must first throw away all reason

To see the world in a grain of sand,
and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
and eternity in an hour. - Blake
muslimapoclyptc  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote muslimapoclyptc Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2006 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by steady

There is a mistake in the quote you posted muslim apocalyptic ...

It is by no means "generally believed that Adam was the first rational being"

The majority of Christains accpet that this is an allegory ... and then there are the hindus ... buddists ... atheists ... agnostics ... shintoists ... 

None of these believe in Adam .. you'd think Dr Haq would have learned not to be so imprecise with his languagfe .. but I prefer to hypothesis that he chose this wording very carefully to make this belief look like the majority view and therefore more reasonable ...

To all the other rational Muslims .. it's great to see that it is not a neccessary condition for faith that you must first throw away all reason

I thought it was pretty obvious he was only referring to those who believe in the story to begin with. I suppose even the simplest words can be read wrong if you try hard enough. Christians accept it as an allegory? Perhaps some, but how many Jews and Muslims do?

Edited by muslimapoclyptc - 28 April 2006 at 4:28pm
muslimapoclyptc  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote muslimapoclyptc Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2006 at 4:27pm

Originally posted by KORUM

very interesting article im just slightly confused by soem things it says, its not very easy going to understand what point he is tryign to make as he jumps from one thing to the next. anyone fancy breaking it down for us?

I thought he made it quite clear in the conclusion of this artice:

"The above discussion reveals that after creation of earth, Allah created water. Then from water He had created other creatures such as reptiles, cattle, and other animals. After their creation, in different period of time some rational creatures, other than humans, were created. These human-like creatures, having blood and flesh, were rational and were subject to follow Allah’s commands. They were called such as Hinn, Bann, Tamm, Rimm, and Jinn. When any of these generations deviated from the right direction, and exceeded the limits, they were destroyed and replaced by another creation. Later on, humans replaced Jinn."

KORUM  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Other(Jedi)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote KORUM Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2006 at 5:44pm
Hinn, Bann, Tamm, Rimm

iv never heard of them who or what are they?
sorry muslim apocolyptic i didnt take that all in, i guess i wasnt paying enough attention...aplogies.
'In life you have two choices, but a million factors.' (FLIMJAKL)
I need to find peace.
steady
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Atheist(Atheist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote steady Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2006 at 6:10pm

muslim,

your words ...

"I thought it was pretty obvious he was only referring to those who believe in the story to begin with" ....

Do you mean he's saying that .... most people who believe in Adam... believe in Adam ?

That means nothing ... The guy you quote is a doctor apparently .. I thought he would be above using such a tautism .. still some of the Idiotic stuff you guys quote form Dr Buccaille and Dr Naik etc ... nothing should surprise me ...

this is a pretty daft start isn't it .. four sentences in and i found a tautism (or an intentional misdirection) ...   If this was a CV the guy would not have got the job now would he ?

Look mate ... I'm here and you know I'm here. You know I'm gonna read what you put carefully when it's about creation/evolution .. or any science really ...

If there are mistakes or deciets .. I will pick up on them .. and point them out ... these are the rules of the game ...

...  ...

I won't apologise for being critical .... and you won't apologise for cutting and pasting the same old pages ...

So, what's next ... got anything from Harun Yahya you want me to slap around for you  ?

To see the world in a grain of sand,
and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
and eternity in an hour. - Blake
Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version