Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Qur’an Verse/Excerpt of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 54 Next >>
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Topic: Qur’an Verse/Excerpt of the Day
    Posted: 06 October 2004 at 9:49pm

Asalaamualaikum,

I am creating this sticky topic so we, Muslims and non-Muslims, can get exposure to the Quran everyday and to also ask questions if anyone does not understand the verse or excerpt.  I will try to post a verse or excerpt everyday, and you are all welcome to do this also, for this is our attempt to get reward from Allah (swt).  Here is todays (10/6/04):

"And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment."  (Al-Quran 59:7) 

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
PersianPoet
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote PersianPoet Replybullet Posted: 06 October 2004 at 10:17pm

AA

Very nice selection .

walter
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote walter Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2004 at 12:19am

The Koran

The People

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[114.1] Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of men,
[114.2] The King of men,
[114.3] The God of men,
[114.4] From the evil of the whisperings of the slinking (Shaitan),
[114.5] Who whispers into the hearts of men,
[114.6] From among the jinn and the men.
walter
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2004 at 11:40pm

Chapter 40 (Al-Ghafir or The Forgiver [God]),  Verses 1-4

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

Verse 1:  Ha Mim

Verse 2:  The revelation of this Book is from Allah, Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge,-

Verse 3:  Who forgiveth sin, accepteth repentance, is strict in punishment, and hath a long reach (in all things). there is no god but He: to Him is the final goal. 

Verse 4:  None can dispute about the Signs of Allah but the Unbelievers. Let not, then, their strutting about through the land deceive thee!

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
walter
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote walter Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2004 at 11:55pm
Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allah. Those! They are the truthful. [Surah al-Hujurat (49):15]
walter
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 08 October 2004 at 6:58pm

Chapter 9:  Surah Al-Tauba

Verse 20:  Those who believe, and suffer exile and strive with might and main, in Allah's cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah: they are the people who will achieve (salvation).

Verse 21:  Their Lord doth give them glad tidings of a Mercy from Himself, of His good pleasure, and of gardens for them, wherein are delights that endure:

Verse 22  They will dwell therein for ever. Verily in Allah's presence is a reward, the greatest (of all).

walter
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote walter Replybullet Posted: 09 October 2004 at 12:15am

The Koran

The Opening

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[1.1] All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
[1.2] The Beneficent, the Merciful.
[1.3] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[1.4] Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech for help.
[1.5] Keep us on the right path.
[1.6] The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.
walter
PersianPoet
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote PersianPoet Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2004 at 3:49pm

Surah 15. Al-hijr

75. Behold! in this are Signs for those who by tokens do understand.

76. And the (cities were) right on the high-road.

49. Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;

50. And that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty.

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2004 at 6:48pm

Asalaamualaikum,

Sorry about not posting during the weekend, I was quite busy and I did not find time to post the verse/excerpt, but here is todays:

Chap 29 (Surah Al-Ankaboot, "The Spider") Verses 2 and 3

Verse 2:  Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested? 

Verse 3:  We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2004 at 7:17pm

Chapter 5, Surah Al-Maeda (The Table Spread), Verse 3

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2004 at 9:03am

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 3

Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority), regulating and governing all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained). This is Allah your Lord; Him therefore serve ye: will ye not receive admonition?

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2004 at 9:52am

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 4

To Him will be your return- of all of you. The promise of Allah is true and sure. It is He Who beginneth the process of creation, and repeateth it, that He may reward with justice those who believe and work righteousness; but those who reject Him will have draughts of boiling fluids, and a penalty grievous, because they did reject Him.

PersianPoet
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote PersianPoet Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2004 at 3:38pm

Surah 15 - Al-Hijr

[48] There no sense of fatigue shall touch them, nor shall they (ever) be asked to leave.

[49] Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,

[50] And that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty.

[51] Tell them about the guests of Ibrahim.

[52] When they entered his presence and said, "Peace!" He said, "We feel afraid of you!"

[53] They said: "Fear not! We give thee glad tidings of a son endowed with wisdom."

[54] He said: "Do you give me glad tidings that old age has seized me? Of what then, is your good news?"

[55] They said: "We give thee glad tidings in truth: be not then in despair!"

Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 2 of 2 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2004 at 9:37pm
Fussilat Ayah 34

The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.   [Noble Translation]

Edited by Zahrah
Ramadan Mubarak
Page  of 54 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version