Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Qur’an Verse/Excerpt of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 54 Next >>
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2004 at 8:45pm

Ash-Shura Ayah 53

The Path of Allah, to Whom belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. Verily, all the matters at the end go to Allah (for decision).   [Noble Translation]

Ramadan Mubarak
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
walter
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote walter Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2004 at 12:03am

Salaam alaykum, Zahrah.

Thank you for posting Fussilat Ayah 34, recently I became very angry at some brothers I felt treated me badly.  Now I see the wisdom in these words and will try to put that wisdom into practice.  Pride is such a difficult thing to overcome.

walter
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2004 at 8:48am

Walaykumsalam Br. Walter,

You are more then welocme. SubhanAllah, the answer for everything is in Islam. What a comfort.

We all need reminders every now and again, myself included, and this Ayat just stood out for me.

Alhamdulillah Ramadan is here, so many blessings, and so many chances to improve ourselves. I have issues myself that I have to work very hard to overcome this Ramadan inshaAllah.

I ask Allah to make every single aspect of your life be for Him SWT and to accept your fast during this blessed month ameen.

In my dua inshaAllah.

Your Sister in Deen, Zahrah.

Ramadan Mubarak
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2004 at 1:54pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 5

It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand.

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2004 at 7:32pm

Allah [may He be Glorified] said: "The believers, men and women, are Auliyâ' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'rűf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden); they perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give the Zakât, and obey Allâh and His Messenger. Allâh will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise ."(9:71)

Commentary:

This verse includes some characteristics of the believing men and women:

1. They are interrelated to each other by virtue of the links of religion, love, friendship, affiliation and support.

2. They enjoin what is "good", the term which includes all meritorious acts with regard to sound beliefs, good deeds and noble characters. They apply these qualities to themselves before applying them to any other person.

3. They forbid evil which is anything contrary to goodness, such as false beliefs, bad deeds and detestable manners.

4. They establish prayer in humiliation, fulfilling its pillars, conditions, recommendations and ethics.

5. They pay the Zakah of their properties with full contentment and satisfaction.

6. They always stick to the obedience of Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him).

The verse then explains that such people will have the mercy of Allah, i.e. He will admit them into His comprehensive Mercy and Kindness.

It also added that Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise and that, even though He has the ability to do everything, He is Wise in conducting such things putting everything in its proper scale.

See Tafsir Ibn Sa'di, p.303 (Al-Luwaihiq Edition).

Edited by Zahrah
Ramadan Mubarak
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 18 October 2004 at 8:38pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 6

Verily, in the alternation of the night and the day, and in all that Allah hath created, in the heavens and the earth, are signs for those who fear Him.

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2004 at 8:06pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 7 and 8 

Verse 7:  Those who rest not their hope on their meeting with Us, but are pleased and satisfied with the life of the present, and those who heed not Our Signs,-

Verse 8: Their abode is the Fire, because of the (evil) they earned.

Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 20 October 2004 at 9:16am
"Truly Allah leaves to stray whom He wills; but He guides to Himself those who turn to Him in penitence. Those who believe and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.” 13: 27-28 The Holy Qur’an

Ramadan Mubarak
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 20 October 2004 at 9:17am

“Those who remember Allah while standing, sitting, and lying on their sides, and meditate on the creation of the heavens and the earth. Then cry out:" Our Rabb! You have not created this in vain. Glory to You! Save us from the punishment of Fire.” 3:191 The Holy Qur’an

Ramadan Mubarak
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 21 October 2004 at 7:04pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 9 and 10 

Verse 9:  Those who believe, and work righteousness,- their Lord will guide them because of their faith: beneath them will flow rivers in gardens of bliss.

Verse 10:  (This will be) their cry therein: "Glory to Thee, O Allah!" And "Peace" will be their greeting therein! and the close of their cry will be: "Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds!"

Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:52pm

Ayat ul-Kursi - Surah 2:Ayat 255.

"Allah! There is no god but He,
Al-Hayy (the Ever-living), Al-Qayyum (the Self-subsisting, Eternal).
No slumber can seize Him nor sleep.
His are all things in the heavens and on earth.
Who is there that can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth?
He knoweth what appeareth to His creatures as before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth.
His Kursi doth extend over the heavens and the earth,
and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them.
He is Aliyy (the Most High), Al-Adhiim (the Supreme in glory)."

Ramadan Mubarak
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:31pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 11

If Allah were to hasten for men the ill (they have earned) as they would fain hasten on the good,- then would their respite be settled at once. But We leave those who rest not their hope on their meeting with Us, in their trespasses, wandering in distraction to and fro.

sonrisa78  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote sonrisa78 Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2004 at 7:03am

And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way > Al Quran surah 2 ayah 186

Edited by sonrisa78

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2004 at 6:46pm

Chapter 10, Surah Yunus (Jonah), Verse 12

When trouble toucheth a man, He crieth unto Us (in all postures)- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!

<< Prev Page  of 54 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version