Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Hadith of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:57pm

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His. They are:

(1) a just ruler;

(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),

(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);

(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only;

(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah;

(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).

(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears."

Bukhari Vol. 2 : 504

Ramadan Mubarak
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:29pm
Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."  (Bukhari)

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
UmmSabr  
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote UmmSabr Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:51am
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatulahi Wabarakatuhu

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.494     Narrated byAbu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "The (Hell) Fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions, while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked undesirable things."

May Allah keep us all from the Hell Fire ameen.

Your sister in deen

UmmSabr

Ibnul Qayyim –(rahimahullaah) – said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit
UmmSabr  
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote UmmSabr Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:55am
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatulahi Wabarakatuhu

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.488     Narrated byAbu Said

The Prophet mentioned a man from the previous generation or from the people preceding your age whom Allah had given both wealth and children. The Prophet said, "When the time of his death approached, he asked his children, 'What type of father have I been to you?' They replied: 'You have been a good father.' He said, 'But he (i.e. your father) has not stored any good deeds with Allah (for the Hereafter): if he should face Allah, Allah will punish him. So listen, (O my children), when I die, burn my body till I become mere coal and then grind it into powder, and when there is a stormy wind, throw me (my ashes) in it.' So he took a firm promise from his children (to follow his instructions). And by Allah they (his sons) did accordingly (fulfilled their promise). Then Allah said, 'Be!' and behold! That man was standing there! Allah then said, 'O my slave! What made you do what you did?' That man said, 'Fear of You.' So Allah forgave him."

Your sister in deen UmmSabr

Ibnul Qayyim –(rahimahullaah) – said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit
UmmSabr  
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote UmmSabr Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:56am
Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.503     Narrated byAbu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour." It was asked, "How will honesty be lost, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "When authority is given to those who do not deserve it, then wait for the Hour."

Your sister in deen

UmmSabr

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2004 at 6:43pm

Hadith Qudsi 2:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah Almighty has said:

The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so. As for his denying Me, it is his saying: He will not remake me as He made me at first (1) - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him. As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: Allah has taken to Himself a son, while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me.

(1) i.e., bring me back to life after death.

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by an-Nasa'i).
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Seeker of Paradise Administrator
Forum Rating: 129
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 25 October 2004 at 4:44pm
Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said, "Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring: "Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him? Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him? Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?"

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 26 October 2004 at 10:22pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Modesty is part of faith
and faith is in Paradise, but obscenity is a part of hardness of heart and
hardness of heart is in Hell."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1313
4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2004 at 11:43am
Riyad-us-Saliheen
Compiled By
Al-Imam Abu Zakariya Yahya bin Sharaf An-Nawawi Ad-Dimashqi

The book of Miscellany

Chapter 20
Calling to right guidance and forbidding depravity

Hadith 173.

Abu Mas`ud `Uqbah bin `Amr Al-Ansari Al-Badri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whoever guides someone to virtue will be rewarded equivalent to him who practices that good action".
[Sahih Muslim]

Hadith 174.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If anyone calls others to follow right guidance, his reward will be equivalent to those who follow him (in righteousness) without their reward being diminished in any respect, and if anyone invites others to follow error, the sin, will be equivalent to that of the people who follow him (in sinfulness) without their sins being diminished in any respect".
[Sahih Muslim]

4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2004 at 11:44am
Sahih Muslim

Book 034, The Book of Knowledge - Kitab Al-`Ilm

Hadith Number 6470:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who called (people) to error, he shall have to carry (the burden) of its sin, like those who committed it, without their sins being diminished in any respect.

4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2004 at 12:03pm
Abu Hurayra (radhiallaahu `anh) reported Allah's Messenger (salallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) as saying: “A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone, Strive for that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah, and do not be helpless. If anything (bad) happens to you, do not say, ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allaah wa ma sha’a fa’ala (Allaah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytaan.”

[Sahih Muslim, 33, #6441].

Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:22pm
The Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said:

"Where are those who loved for the sake of my Greatness? Today when there is no shade save Mine, I shall have them in My Shade."

- Saheeh Muslim
Ramadan Mubarak
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:23pm
Anas radiyAllaahu 'anhu narrated that a man came to the Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam and said: "When shall come the Day of Judgement?" Our Prophet asked him "What preparation have you made for the Day?" The man said, "Nothing, but I have love for Allaah and for His Messenger." The Prophet said, "You shall be (on that Day)
with whom you love."

- Saheeh al-Bukhaaree
Ramadan Mubarak
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:25pm
A man was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam when another one passed. The sitting one said, "O Messenger of Allaah! I love this man." The Messenger of Allaah sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "Have you told him?" The man said, "No." The Prophet
said, "Tell him!" The man rose to his feet and went to the man who
was passing by and said, "I love you for the sake of Allaah." He
said, "May He for whose sake you love me, love you."

- Saheeh at-Tirmidhee
Ramadan Mubarak
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version