Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Hadith of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 28 October 2004 at 10:18pm
Narrated Ibn Abbas - (The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him) was the most generous of all the people, and he used to be (even) more generous in the
month of Ramadan.

Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4:443
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 29 October 2004 at 7:54pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "By his good character, a
believer will attain the degree of one who prays during the night and fasts
during the day."

Abu Dawood, Hadith 2233
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 30 October 2004 at 8:58pm

Narrated Anas ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) : Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu’alayhi wa sallam) said, “ Among the denizens of Hell, a person who had led the most prosperous life in this world will be brought up on the Day of Judgment and dipped into the (hell) fire and will be asked: ‘O son of Adam! Did you happen to get any material blessing?’ He will reply: ‘By Allah, No my Lord.’ And when the one who had experienced extreme adversity in the life of this world and was adjudged worthy of paradise will be dipped once and given one experience in paradise. Then he will be asked: ‘O son of Adam! Did distress ever befall you?’ He will say: ‘By Allah, no my Lord, I neither experienced distress nor passed through hardship’.” [Muslim]

Ramadan Mubarak
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 30 October 2004 at 9:00pm

Narrated Anas ibn Maalik (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet sallallahu’alayhi wa sallam said, ‘Three follow a dead body: his family, his possessions, and his deeds. Two of them return and one remains with him. His family and possessions return; his deeds remain with him (in the grave). [Bukhari and Muslim]

Ramadan Mubarak
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 01 November 2004 at 7:03pm
"O people! Turn to Allaah in repentance and seek His forgiveness, for surely I make repentance a hundred times every day."

Saheeh Muslim 4/6523
Ramadan Mubarak
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 18 November 2004 at 10:30am
A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him): "Which is the
best supplication?" The Prophet replied: "Supplicate to your Lord for
forgiveness and security in this world and in the Hereafter." The man came
again the next day, and then again on the following day, and asked the same
question. The Prophet gave him the same answer, and then said: "If you are
given forgiveness and security in this world and in the Hereafter you have
attained success."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, 4:112C
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 19 November 2004 at 8:03pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do not hate one another,
nor be jealous of one another. And do not desert one another, but O God’s
worshipers, be brothers.

Sahih Al-Bukhari, 8:99
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 22 November 2004 at 7:40pm
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 485:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

Abu Bakr As-Siddiq said to the Prophet "O Allah's Apostle! Teach me an invocation with which I may invoke Allah in my prayers." The Prophet said, "Say: O Allah! I have wronged my soul very much (oppressed myself), and none forgives the sins but You; so please bestow Your Forgiveness upon me. No doubt, You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Bukhari)

Edited by Br_Saad
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 23 November 2004 at 8:13pm
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 489:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah has ninety-nine Names, one-hundred less one; and he who memorized them all by heart will enter Paradise." To count something means to know it by heart. (Bukhari)

Edited by Br_Saad
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 25 November 2004 at 12:34am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Indeed, an ignorant man who is generous is dearer to God than a worshipper who is miserly.”

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 580
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 25 November 2004 at 3:08pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "There is a (compulsory form of) charity to be given for every joint of the human body (as a sign of gratitude to God) every day the sun rises. To judge justly between two people…to help a man with his riding animal…(Saying) a good word…(the steps) one takes toward (prayer)…and to remove a harmful thing from the way…(are all forms of charity.)"

Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4:232
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 26 November 2004 at 10:24pm
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 518:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "When Allah had finished His creation, He wrote over his Throne: 'My Mercy preceded My Anger.' (Bukhari)

Edited by Br_Saad
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 28 November 2004 at 11:19am
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 475:

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari:

The Prophet said, "None is more patient than Allah against the harmful and annoying words He hears (from the people): They ascribe children to Him, yet He bestows upon them health and provision .  (Bukhari)

Edited by Br_Saad
4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Seeker of Paradise Administrator
Forum Rating: 129
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2004 at 6:06pm
Abu Huraira said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah *saws* say, "A servant committed a sin and he said, "O Allah, I have committed a sin, so forgive me." Allah said, "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive My servant." After some time, the man committed another sin so he said, "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said, "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? I forgive My servant." After some time, the man committed yet another sin so he said, "O my Lord, I have committed another sin, so forgive me." His Lord said, "Does My servant know that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and helps him? O servant, do what you like. I have granted you forgiveness"".

Al-Bukhari, Kitab at-Tawhid, 13/466; Muslim, Kitab adhDikhr wa'd-Du'a,
17/75.

<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version