Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Hadith of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2004 at 7:58pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) told his companions: “If one of
you had a stream running at his door and bathed in it five times every day,
do you think any dirt would be left on him?” His companions answered: “No
dirt at all would be left.” To which the Prophet replied: “That is what the
five (daily) prayers are like, with which God washes away your sins.”

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Hadith 506
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 02 December 2004 at 12:58pm

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If you guarantee me six
things on your part, I shall guarantee you Paradise. Speak the truth when
you talk, keep a promise when you make it, when you are trusted with
something fulfill your trust, avoid sexual immorality, lower your gaze (in
modesty), and restrain your hands from injustice."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1260
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 03 December 2004 at 9:15pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "To harbor good thoughts is
a part of well-conducted worship."

Sunan of Abu Dawood, Hadith 2352
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 06 December 2004 at 8:15pm
Volume 9, Book 84, Number 54:

Narrated Abu Bakra:

The Prophet. said, "The biggest of the great sins are: To join others in worship with Allah, to be undutiful to one's parents, and to give a false witness." He repeated it thrice, or said, "....a false statement," and kept on repeating that warning till we wished he would stop saying it. (See Hadith No.7, Vol. 8) (Bukhari)

Edited by Br_Saad
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2004 at 11:30pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once asked his companions: "Who
has fasted today?...Who (took part in a funeral procession) today?...Who
fed a poor man today?...Who visited an invalid today?" He then said:
"Anyone in whom (these good deeds) are combined will certainly enter
Paradise."

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 505
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2004 at 12:39am
Volume 9, Book 92, Number 379:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection." (Bukhari)

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 10 December 2004 at 9:15pm
Volume 9, Book 92, Number 386:

Narrated Hammam:

Hudhaifa said, "O the Group of Al-Qurra! Follow the straight path, for then you have taken a great lead (and will be the leaders), but if you divert right or left, then you will go astray far away." (Bukhari)

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2004 at 8:16pm
Volume 9, Book 92, Number 384:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who will refuse?" He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)." (Bukhari)

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 13 December 2004 at 10:22pm
A man once came to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) carrying a wrapped-up piece of cloth. He told the Prophet: "I saw a group of trees and heard the sound of young birds. I took them and put them in my garment. Their mother then came and began to hover around my head. I showed (the baby birds) to her, and she fell on them. I wrapped them (all) in my garment." The Prophet then said to his companions: "Are you surprised at the affection of the mother for her young?...God is more affectionate to His servants than a mother to her young." The Prophet told the man to put the baby birds back where he got them.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1359
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2004 at 9:02pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once went to see a young man who
was on his deathbed. The Prophet asked him: "How are you?" The young man
said: "I hope for God's pardon, but I am fearful because of my sins." The
Prophet replied: "These two things never gather in the heart of a person at
such a time without God granting him what he hopes for and sheltering him
from what he dreads."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 15A
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 15 December 2004 at 10:31pm
A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to pray for him because he was about to embark on a journey. The Prophet said: "May God grant you the provision of righteousness...And may He make it easy for you to do virtuous deeds, wherever you may be."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 235
Light  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Light Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2004 at 5:50pm
Narrated Abu Huraira:The Prophet said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." And then he added, "If the people knew the Reward for the Zuhr prayer in its early time, they would race for it. If they knew the reward for the 'Isha' and the Fajr prayers in congregation, they would join them even if they had to crawl. If they knew the reward for the first row, they would draw lots for it."
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2004 at 9:19pm
When the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) congratulated a man on his marriage, he said: "May God bless you and combine both of you in good (works)."

Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 872
Abdul
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Abdul Replybullet Posted: 18 December 2004 at 2:52pm

Asalaam Alaikum,

I refer to this hadith(as posted by Light) and have a few questions:

Narrated Abu Huraira:The Prophet said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." And then he added, "If the people knew the Reward for the Zuhr prayer in its early time, they would race for it. If they knew the reward for the 'Isha' and the Fajr prayers in congregation, they would join them even if they had to crawl. If they knew the reward for the first row, they would draw lots for it."

Q1) The Prophet said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." What about those who die in a car crash/plane crash or other deseases apart from the ones mentioned? my point is that this part of the hadith makes no sense. What acheivement do we get from beleiving this? I do not believe these are our Prophets words. I thought martyrs were those who give their lives in the way of Allah(SWT) to preserve the truth for example., on the battlefield.

I agree with the importance of prayers. However, why must we race for the first row? we pray to Allah(SWT). Why we should receive more or less reward according to our placement in a mosque is beyond me.

(I know there was a separate thread to post such questions about hadith but I couldnt find it, which is why i posted it here.)

Abdul Raheem

<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version