Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Hadith of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 18 December 2004 at 9:53pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The most excellent worship is expectation of relief."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 702

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2004 at 6:50pm

Volume 9, Book 90, Number 332:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is! Were it not for some men who dislike to be left behind and for whom I do not have means of conveyance, I would not stay away (from any Holy Battle). I would love to be martyred in Allah's Cause and come to life and then get, martyred and then come to life and then get martyred and then get resurrected and then get martyred.  (Bukhari)

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
walter
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote walter Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:11pm
'Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud said: "The Prophet said, 'Islam began as something
strange, and it will revert to being strange as it was in the beginning,
so good tidings for the strangers.' Someone asked, 'Who are the
strangers?' He said, 'The ones who break away from their people
(literally, 'tribes') for the sake of Islam.' "This Hadith was narrated by
Ibn Majah on the authority of Anas and Abu Hurairah.
walter
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:12pm
Volume 9, Book 90, Number 337:

Narrated Aisha:

One night the Prophet was unable to sleep and said, "Would that a righteous man from my companions guarded me tonight." Suddenly we heard the clatter of arms, whereupon the Prophet said, "Who is it?" It was said, "I am Sa'd, O Allah's Apostle! I have come to guard you." The Prophet then slept so soundly that we heard him snoring. Abu 'Abdullah said: 'Aisha said: Bilal said, "Would that I but stayed overnight in a valley with Idhkhir and Jalil (two kinds of grass) around me (i.e., in Mecca)." Then I told that to the Prophet . (Bukhari)

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 25 December 2004 at 8:24pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God...will say on the Day
of Resurrection: 'O son of Adam, I asked you for food but you did not feed
Me.' (The person) will reply: 'My Lord, how could I feed Thee when Thou art
the Lord of the worlds?' (God will then) say: 'Didn't you know that a
servant of Mine (once) asked you for food, but you did not feed him. And
were you not aware that if you had fed him, you would have found him by My
side?'"

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1172
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:56pm
When the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was questioned about weeping following the death of his granddaughter, he said: "(Weeping) is the mercy that God has placed in the hearts of His servants. And surely God bestows
mercy upon those who are merciful (to others)."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 21
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:32pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: The Compassionate One [God] has mercy on those who are merciful. If you show mercy to those who are on earth, He Who is in heaven will show mercy on you.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 2322
walter
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote walter Replybullet Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:48pm
"Do not be people without minds of your own,
saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well,
and that if they do wrong you will do wrong.
Rather, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good,
and not to do wrong if they do evil."
- The Prophet Muhammad (reported by Tirmidhi)
walter
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 30 December 2004 at 11:12pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: O people, Greet others in peace, feed (the poor and needy), behave kindly to your relatives, offer prayer when others are asleep, and (thus) enter Paradise in peace.

Al- Tirmidhi, Hadith 269
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 01 January 2005 at 10:03pm
Volume 9, Book 84, Number 69:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till two (huge) groups fight against each other, their claim being one and the same." (Bukhari)

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 03 January 2005 at 7:38pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "O God, apportion to us
such...certainty (of faith) that the calamities of this world will be made
easy for us by Thee."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 783
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 04 January 2005 at 6:03pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "He who alleviates the
suffering of a brother (in this) world, God will alleviate his (suffering)
of the Day of Resurrection. He who finds relief for one who is hard
pressed, God will make things easy for him in the Hereafter."

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1245
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 06 January 2005 at 11:32am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The first to be summoned to Paradise on the Day of Resurrection will be those who praise God in (both) prosperity and adversity."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 730
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 08 January 2005 at 12:02pm
"Acts of kindness protect one from ruin wrought by evil...The first of those who shall enter Paradise are the people who do acts of kindness."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 97B
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version