Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Hadith of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 09 January 2005 at 7:13pm
When the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) departed from a group of
people, he would often say: "O God! Grant us enough fear (of displeasing
Thee) that it may serve as a barrier between us and our sins…and grant us
enough faith that it may help us to face the misfortunes of this world
easily."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 265
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 12 January 2005 at 9:04am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Make the Hajj and the Umrah (lesser pilgrimage) follow each other closely, for they remove poverty and
sins as a blacksmith's bellows remove impurities from iron, gold and
silver."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 795
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 13 January 2005 at 5:41pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone strokes an
orphan's head, doing so only for God's sake, he will have blessings for
every hair over which his hand passes. And if anyone treats well an orphan
girl or boy under his care, he and I shall be like these two in Paradise,"
while putting two of his fingers together.

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1282
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2005 at 5:37pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Pilgrims…are God's guests. Their prayers are answered and their supplications for forgiveness are granted."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 5, Number 3
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 20 January 2005 at 9:33pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) approved of celebrations on religious holidays such as Eid ul-Adha when he said: "(Islam) is spacious (and has room for relaxation), and I have been sent with an easy and straightforward religion."

The Prophet also said: "The days of (Eid) are days of eating and drinking (non-alcoholic drinks) and of remembering God, the Exalted."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 2, Number 153
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2005 at 10:39am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God says: 'I am to my servant as he expects of Me, I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him to Myself, and if he remembers me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly better than his, and if he draws nearer to Me a hand's span, I draw nearer to him an arm's length, and if he draws nearer to Me an arm's length, I draw nearer to him a fathom length, and if he comes to me walking, I rush to him at (great) speed.

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 99
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2005 at 6:55pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A person once went to visit his brother in another town, and God sent an Angel to wait for him on his way. The angel met the man and said to him: 'Where do you intend to go?' The man said: 'I intend to go to my brother in this town.' The angel then said: 'Have you done any favor for him (the repayment of which you intend to receive)?' The man replied: 'No, except that I love him for the sake of God, the Exalted and Glorious.' Thereupon the angel said: 'I am a messenger to you from God (to inform you) that God loves you as you love him (for His sake).'"

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1170
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 26 January 2005 at 7:03pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "You will not believe as long as you do not love one another."

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 19

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2005 at 10:13am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another or boasts over another."

Sunan 0f Abu-Dawood, Hadith 2294
Girl power
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Girl power Replybullet Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:12am
Anas Ibn Malik reported the Prophet(saw) saying:"From among the portents of the Hour are the following: Religious knowledge will be taken away; General ignorance(in religious matters)will increase; illegal sexual intercourse will prevail; Drinking of alcoholic drinks will prevail; Men will decrease in number, and women will increase in number, so much so that fifty women will be looked after by one. man.

Edited by Girl power
Girl power
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Girl power Replybullet Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:19am
Abu Harayrah said " The Prophet(saw) was asked by a man, "when would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" The Prophet(saw)said  "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour."  The Man said "How will that be?"  the Prophet (saw) said "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour(Doomsday).
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2005 at 8:24pm

Hadith Qudsi 20:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.

It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

Edited by Br_Saad
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 03 February 2005 at 7:49pm

Hadith Qudsi 7:

On the authority of Uqbah ibn Amir (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the messenger of Allah (PBUH) say:

Your Lord delights at a shepherd who, on the peak of a mountain crag, gives the call to prayer and prays. Then Allah (glorified and exalted be He) say: Look at this servant of Mine, he gives the call to prayer and performs the prayers; he is in awe of Me. I have forgiven My servant [his sins] and have admitted him to Paradise.

It was related by an-Nasa'i with a good chain of authorities.

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 05 February 2005 at 12:52pm
Book 004, Number 0747:

'Abdullah b. Amr b. al-As reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When you hear the Mu'adhdhin, repeat what he says, then invoke a blessing on me, for everyone who invokes a blessing on me will receive ten blessings from Allah; then beg from Allah al-Wasila for me, which is a rank in Paradise fitting for only one of Allah's servants, and I hope that I may be that one. If anyone who asks that I be given the Wasila, he will be assured of my intercession. (Sahih Muslim)

<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version