Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Hadith of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 07 February 2005 at 10:11pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Verily, what a believer continues to receive (in the form of reward) for his action and his virtues after his death is the knowledge that he acquired and then disseminated, the pious (child) that he left behind, a copy of the Quran that he left as a legacy, the mosques that he built, the inn that he built for the use of travelers, the canal that he caused to flow, or charity that he gave while he was healthy and alive. (These are the acts of goodness the reward of which) reaches him even after his death."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 90

So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 09 February 2005 at 9:50am
A person once asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him): "What is faith?" He replied: "When a good deed becomes a source of pleasure for you and an evil deed becomes a source of disgust for you, then you are a believer." The person then asked: "What is a sin?" The Prophet said: "When something pricks your conscience, give it up."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 8
So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith. al-Qur'an 30:60
4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Seeker of Paradise Administrator
Forum Rating: 129
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 10 February 2005 at 10:28pm
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely or speak rudely.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi; it was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. al-Haakim said it was saheeh according to the criteria of al-Bukhaari and Muslim

Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2005 at 7:46am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "O God! I ask You for the means to do good, to avoid evil and to love the poor."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 13A
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2005 at 11:18am
A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him): "When will the Hour (of the Day of Judgment) be established?" The Prophet replied: "What have you prepared for it?" The man said: "I haven't prepared for it very much (by way) of prayers or fasting or charitable giving, but I love God and His Apostle." The Prophet then said: "You will be with those you love."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 192
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 17 February 2005 at 10:59am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A servant of God will remain standing on the Day of Judgment until he is questioned about his life and how he lived it; about his knowledge and how he utilized it; about his wealth and how he acquired and spent it; and about his body and how he used it."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 148
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:04am
On the authority of Ibn `Abbaas (may Allah be pleased whith him):

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to Madeenah
and saw the Jews fasting on the day of `Aashooraa'. He said, 'What is
this?' They said, 'This is a righteous day, it is the day when Allaah
saved the Children of Israel from their enemies [on which Allaah saved
Moosa and his people, and drowned Pharaoh and his people - Muslim], so
Moosa fasted on this day.' He said, 'We have more right to Moosa than
you,' so he fasted on that day and commanded [the Muslims] to fast on that
day." -- Reported by Bukhari
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:04am
On the authority of `Abd-Allaah ibn `Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with
them both):

"When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
fasted on `Aashooraa' and commanded the Muslims to fast as well, they
said, 'O Messenger of Allaah, it is a day that is venerated by the Jews
and Christians.' The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) said, 'If I live to see the next year, in sha Allaah, we will
fast on the ninth day too.' But it so happened that the Messenger of
Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed away before the
next year came." -- Reported by Muslim
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 20 February 2005 at 7:10am
A man came to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and said: "I have committed a serious sin. Can I do any act of penitence?" The Prophet asked the man if he had a mother, and when he replied that he had not, he asked if he had a maternal aunt. On his replying that he had, the Prophet said: "Then be kind to her."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1274
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 21 February 2005 at 6:54pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Hadith 473
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2005 at 7:38pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do you know who is most generous?...God is the Most Generous, then I am most generous to mankind, and the most generous people after me will be those who will acquire knowledge and then disseminate it. (They) will come on the Day of Resurrection singly, like a ruler."

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 93
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 25 February 2005 at 2:41pm
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah, the Blessed and Exalted has said: ‘I have divided the prayer between Myself and My slave, into two halves, and My slave shall have what he has asked for.” When the slave says ‘Praise be to Allaah, Lord of the Worlds,’ Allaah says, ‘My slave has praised Me.’ When the slave says, ‘The Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy,’ Allaah says, ‘My slave has extolled me.’ When the slave says, ‘Master of the Day of Judgement,’ Allaah says, ‘My slave has glorified me.’ When the slave says, ‘It is You alone we worship and it is You alone we ask for help,’ Allaah says, ‘This is between Me and My slave, and My slave shall have what he asked for.’ When the slave says, ‘Guide us to the Straight Path, the path of those whom You have favoured, not the path of those who receive Your anger, nor of those who go astray,’ Allaah says, ‘All these are for My slave, and My slave shall have what he asked for.’” (Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Salaah, Baab wujoob qiraa’at al-Faatihah fi kulli rak’ah).
Br_Saad  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Br_Saad Replybullet Posted: 28 February 2005 at 11:01am
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God says: 'I am to my servant as he expects of Me. I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him to Myself. If he remembers me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly better than his. If he draws nearer to Me a hand's span, I draw nearer to him an arm's length. If he draws nearer to Me an arm's length, I draw nearer to him (an even greater) length. And if he comes to me walking, I rush to him at (great) speed.'"

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 99
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:36pm
Hadeeth No. 6010 - Narrated Mujahid:

'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death."

(al-Bukhari)

Edited by Zahrah
Ramadan Mubarak
<< Prev Page  of 83 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version