Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Revert Stories
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Revert Stories
Message Icon Topic: Can you be bold about it? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2006 at 5:35pm
Assalamo Alaikom Antoine

Congratulations and welcome to Islam.

May Allah increase you in faith, knowledge and wisdom, and make all matters easy for you.

Ameen.
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2006 at 6:21pm
Assalamualaykum Brother Antoine,

MashaAllah. Mabrook on  your shahadah. May Allah keep you patient and steadfast on the Straight Path ameen.

One day at a time Brother.
Your Sister  in Islam.
Ramadan Mubarak
Islamaholic
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Islamaholic Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2006 at 6:31pm
Congrats, may Allah keep you steadfast upon the faith.

ma'salam
hafsa  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hafsa Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:32am
very nice Antoine. also give us some account of who you were, how you began your liking for islam, and what was the point of decision.
antoine13562000  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote antoine13562000 Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:10am

To hafsa and all others:

The question you asked me is appropriate for starting a new thread, which I am going to do, and I was requested by one of the administators of the forum to do that.

But I will give a sample here.

Cut and pasted below is a response I got from an African-American woman who has been a Sunni Muslim for over twenty years:

As Salaamu Alaikum
    Anthony,

This is why I believe in Islam. For so many years I am been in opposition to many of my  family members. One day insha'Allah they will understand.

Wanda

The above response was a reply to this information that I sent her:

This is what I find beautiful about Islam:

Absolute equality before God, extended brotherhood:
There were tens of thousands of pilgrims, from all over the world. They were of all colors, from blue-eyed blondes to black-skinned Africans. But we were all participating in the same ritual, displaying a spirit of unity and brotherhood that my experiences in America had led me to believe never could exist between the white and non-white.
America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem. Throughout my travels in the Muslim world, I have met, talked to, and even eaten with people who in America would have been considered white - but the white attitude was removed from their minds by the religion of Islam. I have never before seen sincere and true brotherhood practiced by all colors together, irrespective of their color.
You may be shocked by these words coming from me. But on this pilgrimage, what I have seen, and experienced, has forced me to rearrange much of my thought-patterns previously held, and to toss aside some of my previous conclusions. This was not too difficult for me. Despite my firm convictions, I have always been a man who tries to face facts, and to accept the reality of life as new experience and new knowledge unfolds it. I have always kept an open mind, which is necessary to the flexibility that must go hand in hand with every form of intelligent search for truth.
During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass, and slept on the same rug - while praying to the same God - with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the deeds of the white Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan and Ghana. We were truly all the same (brothers) - because their belief in one God had removed the white from their minds, the white from their behavior, and the white from their attitude.
[Letter written from Makkah, by Malcolm X]

When I open up that thread, I hope you will find what I say to be interesting.

Christianity has been very guilty of very horrible acts of racism, now that faith has to apologize for past racism, and show that it has reformed.  Islam has never had that problem, as Malcolm X so eloquently related.

SoloJazz  
Mureed
Mureed
Forum Rating: 96
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote SoloJazz Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 12:25am

Welcome to islam Antonie, Smile May Allah grant you peace and bless you in your choice to become a Muslim.Hug

Edited by Emad - 17 June 2006 at 12:31am
M.A.R.W.A.N
Mureed
Mureed
Dragon rescuer, Virgin slayer.
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 134
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote M.A.R.W.A.N Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 12:29am
AA Antoine,

I hoope you know that the best thing Allah grants his creatures in this life is guidance.
Emad  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Emad Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 12:31am
This thread isn't for debate, I deleted everything off topic.
Verily, either we or you are rightly guided or in plain error. (Quran Saba:24)

Emad@whyislam.org
SoloJazz  
Mureed
Mureed
Forum Rating: 96
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote SoloJazz Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:07am
Also antonie, feel free to pm any of the senior Muslim members if you have any questions concerning islam...Smile
Ameer ulHaqq  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ameer ulHaqq Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:23am
Smart move antonie, May Allah make you successful in this life and the next and Give you that which is Best. Ameen
The revelation of this Book (the Qur'an) is from Allah, the All-Mighty One, the All-Knowing One... {Qur'an 40:2}
salwa05  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote salwa05 Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2006 at 7:15am

Assalamou alaykom Antoine,

Congratulations from your sister in Islam Smile

<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version