Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Revert Stories
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Revert Stories
Message Icon Topic: Firdouse Rao - My Journey to Islam Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Intanmamat  
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Intanmamat Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2006 at 11:52pm
Hameedullah,
For the sister to get out of the house without anything she coult take with her, except the books and the effort... hmmmm wow...
I wish I could do that to some people who think we need them because of the money or the wealth...
The sister must be very strong to go thru inconveniences like that for Islam...  May Allah bless her and the brother, and all of us with rahmat and rahman...
InsyaAllah
Regards
Mat
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
mualimah  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mualimah Replybullet Posted: 21 October 2006 at 10:20pm
What a beautiful story, Firdouse! SubhanAllah, and at such a young age. May Allah reward you and your brother.What country did this occur in? Are you in America now? You make my life raised in Islam sound so easy.It is lovely to hear about such devoted Muslims.
lifeAgift
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote lifeAgift Replybullet Posted: 05 November 2006 at 10:10pm
WOW

I'm moved
kikko  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote kikko Replybullet Posted: 06 November 2006 at 4:51pm
Assalamua alykum wa rahamtullah,
Allahu akbar! What a nice reversion story. It is incredible what one does when there is Tawhid in the heart. It is nice to read how you acknowledged these were test from Allah (SWT).
I understand what it is to come from kufr to Islam. I personally reverted about five years ago. I was a catholic, so I understand the questions you had regarding idols and how inconceivable it becomes as one grows up to understand why people worship idols rather than Allah (SWT).
I come from a very Catholic family with priest, nuns, bishops even a "saint" so growing up I decided to become a priest as many of my uncles and men and women generations before me. In this journey, where I became more and more religious, I too started to ask more and more questions. The first was the one I had since I was a child "why do we woship three gods, but say we worship one?", "if Jesus was a god, how could he pray to God?" "how could he have a mother?" "how could god sleep, rest and how he could die?" etc...etc.. these and many more questions led me to seek for tawhid.
Alhamdulillah, in my fist year in college I had an assignment on architectural history; I decided to research the dome of the rock, since my sister had done a report on it and I also became interested in this structure. There is where I read about Muhammad, and his journey to heaven and about the Qur’an. I went to look for a Qur’an and found some I read and read, especially about what I had questions on; and decided to take home an English translation. I continued reading and asking.
As time passed I decided to become Muslim, but wanted to make sure this wa a religion where worship was only to Allah, so it took me about a year to actually take the courage to say shahada. So I went to my local MSA, since I could not get the courage to enter a mosque; I thought they would think “what is this Mexican doing here?” I ended up going to an MSA meeting, there I met a brother who asked me if I was Muslim, I said yes; he asked me then if I had said shahada, and I said no; I told him I would meet him in the masjid on the fist day of Ramadhan.
That day was the happiest day ever, the day I declared “ash-hadu an laa illaha illa Allah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadar rasulullah”. That day wa the day I truly undertood what it meant to be happy.
Problems follow with my family, especially with my mom, who did not understand why I went into a religion of “terrorist and bad people”, and when I decided to grow my beard she only saw it as an impediment for my professional growth. Subhanallah as time went on she understood how important Islam was in my life and now she has no problem with me.

Edited by kikko - 06 November 2006 at 4:53pm
Al-láh guia a quien El quiere hacia Su Luz; gracias Ya Rajman por tenerme misericordia y por guiarme hacia el Islam.

ruby  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ruby Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2006 at 4:30pm

Assalaamuwalaikum sis;

Wonderful Story ...MashaAllah

May Allah Bless u and ur Bro' with Jannatul Firdouse..........Ameen..
Umar_7909  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Umar_7909 Replybullet Posted: 27 January 2007 at 10:48am
Salaam , We are from India and All happened in india ,in our home town bangalore.
Jazak Allah Khair for duas made and my apologies for delayed reply.

Barak Allah Feequm,
Umar Rao

Edited by Umar_7909 - 27 January 2007 at 10:49am
Umar
hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 27 January 2007 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by ruby

Assalaamuwalaikum sis;

Wonderful Story ...MashaAllah

May Allah Bless u and ur Bro' with Jannatul Firdouse..........Ameen..

indeed, sis your courage and dedication to Allah's (swt) path is commendable and shows the strength of the Islam faith.  this was a very moving story, I hope to hear more from you and how your journey in Islam is going.....keep in touch here

sis hannah
ZerO^GraviTy  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ZerO^GraviTy Replybullet Posted: 01 March 2007 at 12:22pm
SUBHANALLAH , amazing story .. very moving ... surely sent shiverz down my back ... may Allah reward u and your brother for your struggle..do pray for the guidance of your parents may ....Allah guide your parents as well ..i'll write to u aski'n for the details when i need them ....Allah Hafiz
<^"WhEn TrutH is HurLeD against FaLsehoOd, fAlsehOoD peRishEs, fOr falSeHood iS By iTs nature boUnd to PeriSh.”^> (Surah Isra Chapter.17, Verse No.81)

www.facebook.com/IslamAlwayz
Barbara  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Barbara Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2007 at 11:12am
Ooops, see my post below!

Edited by Barbara - 03 March 2007 at 11:14am
"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
Barbara  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Barbara Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2007 at 11:13am
SubhanAllah.  Your story makes me feel humble and ashamed of the "trials" I have encountered....which is nothing compared to yours.

May Allah bless you and your brother in this life and the next (and ALL of us), and may HE guide our families to the straight path, insha Allah.
"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
whirlingEcstasy  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whirlingEcstasy Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2007 at 6:51am
Assalamualaikum, I am from chennai. Ask your brother to comtact me: +91 98412 05065, which state r u people from?

Edited by whirlingEcstasy - 06 March 2007 at 6:52am
Slave of ibn Arabi, Muqallid of Shaykh Sayed Abdul Qadir Al Gailany alaihira7ma wa ridhwan
firdouse_rao  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote firdouse_rao Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2007 at 2:53pm

Assalamwaaliqum,

We all go thru tests in our life just that we need to seek ALLAH's help and we can only be saved by the mercy and grace of ALLAH.

Jazakaallah khair
 Firdouse
firdouse_rao  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote firdouse_rao Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2007 at 2:55pm

Waaliqumsalam Brother!

We are from karnataka[India],jazakaallah khair,May ALLAH bless you with mercy and guidance.

Allahhafiz

Firdouse

firdouse_rao  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote firdouse_rao Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2007 at 3:00pm

Assalamwaaliqum sister Hannah,

Jazakaallah khair,one thing i want to tell you is Allah gave me the courage and strength,if it was not for the grace and mercy of ALLAH i cannot even think about leaving  house and family,

Allah praise belongs to ALLAH,May ALLAH bless us all with more imaan and make us die as a Muslim.Ameen

Sorry for the late reply,i had problem with my login id so i cudn't reply..

Keep in touch sis
    Allah hafiz
    Firdouse
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version