Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Are Roman Catholics True Christians? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 8 Next >>
BrJimC  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Forum Alien Executioner
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 170
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote BrJimC Replybullet Topic: Are Roman Catholics True Christians?
    Posted: 17 June 2006 at 3:35pm
Accept Islam Today!

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
guardian1  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Other(Jedi)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote guardian1 Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 3:55pm
nothing against catholics (my stepmom's family is catholic), but i would say the church is more of a cult than anything else.Thumbs Down
death before disco
Bill2702  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Golly goo deaf hello
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Bill2702 Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 4:05pm
Same old, same Old.

sighs
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.
BrJimC  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Forum Alien Executioner
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote BrJimC Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 4:07pm
lol bill...

I know.  but some ppl have not seen such things.
Accept Islam Today!

guardian1  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote guardian1 Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 5:10pm
can't tell you how much money grandma has paid for masses to help grandpa get out of purgatory (where was that in the bible again?). she's also scared to die because she knows that none of us will have those masses performed to help her get out early. as far as i am concerned, all it is is modern day indulgences (i believe that's what they called it). you would give the church some money, and they ould give you a piece of paper giving you a guarenteed trip to heaven, no purgatory. you could even buy them for your dead relatives. how do you think the church paid for all of those wonderful cathedrals in europe (instead of helping the poor)Angry
death before disco
SisterGoldust
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Other(Other)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote SisterGoldust Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 5:21pm
yes, indulgances, that's correct.

brojim

Edited by SisterGoldust - 17 June 2006 at 5:22pm
and it's not easy to be me
My Link
BrJimC  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Forum Alien Executioner
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote BrJimC Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 5:28pm
Get out of purgatory, err, um... jail free card?
Accept Islam Today!

guardian1  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote guardian1 Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 5:40pm
yeah, the church sold them because they needed the money to build the cathedral in cologne, germany. i've been there and it is nice, but those people who paid for it by buying those indulgences....where are they now?
death before disco
pro_universal
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote pro_universal Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:55pm
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07783a.htm

There is an explanation of what is and is not an indulgence.  Certainly, the Church has had its moments and infamous members...but the idea that you can simply buy your way out of trouble with God is not something it teaches.

Like with all the supposed "converts away from Islam" on the internet, usually when someone says "I was Catholic and I paid for xy and z from the Priest!", that person didn't actually learn their own religion.

Eternity
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Eternity Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:08am
Hello,

I'm not a Christian. However, I've met more Catholics who had the humulity of Jesus than Born-Agains..
Perhaps the greatest Freedom is to have the Freedom to define what Freedom should mean to me.
Faaz  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Faaz Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:23am
I have many many catholic friends, I agree with brother Eternity, I rather have more catholics than those Born Agains followers of Pat Robertson & Jerry Falwell.

Faaz
Faaz
MrsD820  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Christian(Church of LDS)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MrsD820 Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:23am
Born Agains.....these are the people that say only faith in Christ is needed to get into heaven.  They walk up and ask are you Saved????  Really, like its that easy.  Don't you actually have to do something....like ummm, Charity, Good Works....following the Laws of Moses and Noah????  Ugh.

I know some wonderfully loving, open and faithful Catholics.  I used to be Eastern Orthodox. 

"If you have any darkness, you have only to ask, and the darkness is removed. It is not necessary that miracles should be wrought to remove darkness. Miracles are the fruits of faith..." -JS
SoloJazz  
Mureed
Mureed
Forum Rating: 96
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote SoloJazz Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2006 at 1:04am
If Roman Catholicism is a cult, why are they more in the majority? A question for anyone...

Edited by Jermin savory - 18 June 2006 at 1:05am
JonSnow  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JonSnow Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2006 at 1:21am
Roman Catholicism is not a cult.  Can I ask the same question "if the Sunni is a cult, why are they more in the majority?"

Roman Catholicism is a religious group made present today because of its history dating back to the Roman Empire.  When Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity.  Why is it not called Roman Christianity?  Remember, that there were mostly Roman educated scholars involved when they named their group and well known theologians (scholars) used the word "Catholics" naming the Christian followers.  So, that is why it is called Roman Catholics and from then on the rest is history.  Missionaries travelled from one Roman city to another preaching the word of GOD taught by Jesus Christ. 

Roman Catholicism is not a cult if it is called that then the same can be said of Sunni, Messaniac Judaism, and Hinduism to name a few.
"Struggling to realize one's aspirations, dreams, and goals are just prerequisites to live life. Though never forget to have fun as well. Live true to what you know to be good."
Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version