Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Islamic Book Library .. nice collection o Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 March 2007 at 12:18pm
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2007 at 12:47am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2007 at 1:52am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2007 at 1:40am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2007 at 12:34am
Muhammad's Prophethood: An Analytical View

On-Line Book by Dr. Jamal Badawi

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Truth Seeker  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Truth Seeker Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:56pm
None of the links in the OP work.

Does anyone know where I can get the book on polygamy?
4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Seeker of Paradise Administrator
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 129
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2007 at 2:31pm

Xenos  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Xenos Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2007 at 9:17am
"I am a slave. I eat as a slave eats and I sit as a slave sits.", Beloved, sallallahu alyhi wa-sallam.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:41pm
The Meanings of the Life of Muhammad

by Dr. Tariq Ramadan

In a time when Prophet Muhammad has become the subject of news headlines generating heated debates and fiery actions and reactions around the world, deep understanding and emulation of his magnanimity and wisdom are desperately needed to extinguish the blaze.

While he is devoutly loved and revered by over a billion Muslims who can recite the details of his life and character, he remains shrouded in myth and mystery for non-Muslims. But exposure to the facts of someone's life does not necessarily mean knowing one, and reverent love can elevate someone so high in a place that distant one apart from the beloved.

Tariq Ramadan's latest book,  The Messenger: The Meanings of the Life of Muhammad, is a biography of the Prophet that aims to lift the shrouds of mystery for non-Muslims and bridge the distance for Muslims. Ramadan does not pretend to uncover any new details, nor does he aspire for his book to replace the multitude of biographies about the Prophet; in fact he admits that his work very much relies on the classics among them.

A Unique Look

What makes Ramadan's book unique is that he delves into the details of the life of the Prophet, from before birth to the hour of his death, mining for the timeless spiritual teachings and timely contemporary lessons so sorely needed in our time.

In beautifully poetic and easy-to-read prose, these spiritual teachings begin in the introduction when Ramadan reminds us that loving the Prophet means constantly meditating over his life.

The teaching continues in the first chapter, "Encounter With the Sacred," with a lesson on trials and faith, doubts and trust, and being torn between two loves. This was done by retelling the story of Abraham and, through it, drawing the spiritual line and bloodline that link the two prophets.

In The Prophet's Footsteps

In the ensuing chapters, Ramadan invites us to walk along with him in the footsteps of the Prophet as his Rab (Lord) prepares him from infancy to adulthood for the mission to come: his being orphaned young, him having a contemplative temperament, his trade, him being married to a woman his senior, and his servant

All were signs and preparatory education for him as well as signs and reflective teachings for us today. We are called to witness the Prophet in his most difficult times and see him as both an ordinary human and the exemplary model, guide, and leader he was and continues to be for Muslims.
Through the Prophet's life, we are comforted by how intimately close God is and yet awed by how so transcendent He is. Muslims and non-Muslims alike learn how the Prophet addressed issues that over 1,400 years later remain the topics of the day: the environment, marriage and friendship, the role of women, religious and cultural pluralism, the inevitable challenges involved, apostasy, conflict resolution, war, along with consultation and leadership.

Private Meditation

Ramadan does not sermonize about these lessons; in these moments, the reader often seems to be drawn in to join Ramadan in his private meditation on the Prophet's life. The reader pauses with him on verses from the Qur'an and the Prophet's hadiths at once translating and providing commentary on both. 

Also, it extracts the spiritual, moral, and ethical lessons from these textual sources and the events taking place in those moments so long ago which are so relevant to our lives today.

In intentionally short chapters, Ramadan succeeds in bringing the Prophet to life to personally probe the conscious of Muslims and non-Muslims alike and nudge them to mine deeper in their hearts and minds for the better selves they are capable of becoming. 

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 July 2007 at 1:02pm
Purification of the Heart
by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf

Book Description
This exploration of Islamic spirituality delves into the psychological diseases and cures of the heart. Diseases examined include miserliness, envy, hatred, treachery, rancor, malice, ostentation, arrogance, covetousness, lust, and other afflictions that assail people and often control them. The causes and practical cures of these diseases are discussed, offering a penetrating glimpse into how Islam deals with spiritual and psychological problems and demonstrating how all people can benefit from these teachings.

About the Author
Hamza Yusuf is the founder of the Zaytuna Institute, which is committed to inspiring a traditional understanding and study of the core Islamic sciences. He has also served as an advisor to President Bush on Islamic affairs. He lives in Hayward, California.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2007 at 5:14pm

STRUGGLING TO SURRENDER - by Jeffrey Lang

Impressions of an American Convert To Islam

This is a very personal account of one man's search for God and meaning in the midst of a culture that places no value on such a quest.

His quest began: agnosticism, atheism and finally "coincidence" -a chance encounter with a Muslim student in one of his classes that eventually led to his conversion. As he soon found out, however, this was not the end of the matter, for now he had to fit in with his new community, its beliefs and traditions and the Islamic worldview and lifestyle.

For converts living in the West, many of whom come from a Judeo-Christian background and a mental framework that is almost totally alien to that of a traditional Muslim - this is no easy feat. How does one deal with the demands for the blind acceptance of hadith and accepted interpretations, the gulf between what the Qur'an says and the reality of Muslim life, the "status" of women, the presence of religion in every sphere of one's life, cultural conflicts and many other issues?

Ever since his conversion, Dr Lang has struggled to answer these questions for himself. At the request of numerous Muslim acquaintances, he decided to write about his experiences so that other American and western-educated Muslims could benefit from his insights.

Dr Lang is currently an associate professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Kansas. He converted to Islam in the early 1980's.

http://www.simplyislam.com/52695.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

flml  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote flml Replybullet Posted: 01 September 2007 at 9:46am
Don't be Sad

Description from the publisher:

At a time in which the Muslims are beset with trials from every periphery and within, comes this heartening book rooted in the commandments of Allah (swt), the Sunnah and the excellent guidance and examples of the Muslims that have come before us.

Don't Be Sad is an absolute must-read for all people. It is full of practical advice on how to replace sadness with a pragmatic and ultimately satisfying Islamic outlook on life. It exposes to the modern reader how Islam teaches us to deal with the tests and tribulations of this world.

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Dont%20Be%20Sad.pdf

OR

http://www.islamhouse.com/d/files/en/ih_books/signal/en_Do_not_be_Sad.pdf

Edited by flml - 02 September 2007 at 3:38pm
Nusseyba  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nusseyba Replybullet Posted: 01 September 2007 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

This is a very personal account of one man's search for God and meaning in the midst of a culture that places no value on such a quest.

His quest began: agnosticism, atheism and finally "coincidence" -a chance encounter with a Muslim student in one of his classes that eventually led to his conversion. As he soon found out, however, this was not the end of the matter, for now he had to fit in with his new community, its beliefs and traditions and the Islamic worldview and lifestyle.

For converts living in the West, many of whom come from a Judeo-Christian background and a mental framework that is almost totally alien to that of a traditional Muslim - this is no easy feat. How does one deal with the demands for the blind acceptance of hadith and accepted interpretations, the gulf between what the Qur'an says and the reality of Muslim life, the "status" of women, the presence of religion in every sphere of one's life, cultural conflicts and many other issues?

Ever since his conversion, Dr Lang has struggled to answer these questions for himself. At the request of numerous Muslim acquaintances, he decided to write about his experiences so that other American and western-educated Muslims could benefit from his insights.

Dr Lang is currently an associate professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Kansas. He converted to Islam in the early 1980's.

I'm reading this one now.  Mashallah it's a great book

Wa laa hawla wa laa quwatta illaa billaah...There is no power and no might except by Allah!!
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2007 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

The link does not work and is there is any link to read it online ?
But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version