Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: Little Mosque on the Prairie Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 24 Next >>
Aviatrix  
Admin Group
Admin Group
WhyIslam Forum Moderator
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 123
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aviatrix Replybullet Posted: 14 February 2007 at 1:17am
You picked up a good point, David., that it's hard to define lines of where someone is conservative of liberal. Classifying one person as something implies that he's different than the others in some way--and in the end, they are all Muslim. What might seem "conservative" could be good or could be bad, hard to say.

And as far as redneck Muslims............................ there are.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 12:48am
This is the transcript from IOL Live Dialogue with Zarqa  Nawaz which may be of interest:

Little Mosque: How Far Can Funny Go?

Has Episode 5 been released yet?
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 12:48am
Did anyone find each entire episode on 4 separate links? Its really a pain to click on "episode 3 - part 2" etc.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 1:03am
An interesting first question and answer on the IOL link:

Q: .... Have you received any negativity from our community about using this forum to protray the lives of Muslims?

A: Overall the response of the community has been positive alhumdullilah. Although I created the series, I did not direct any of the first eight episodes or write all of the episodes myself. We work as a team and I am the only Muslim on the creative team because comedy/television writing is not a career choice that Muslims have gone into in great number yet. So there are issues of adab that are challenging to communicate to non-Muslim actors and the other members of the team. So yes there are some aspects of behaviour that will seem out of the normal behaviour of Muslims.  ...

the non-Muslim writers did finally understand why this particular scene may not have reflected the authentic behaviour of Muslims.

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 2:27am
Originally posted by indiangirl

Did anyone find each entire episode on 4 separate links? Its really a pain to click on "episode 3 - part 2" etc.

ya, I noticed that, I don't get why it has to be split into 4 parts. very annoying
hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

An interesting first question and answer on the IOL link:

Q: .... Have you received any negativity from our community about using this forum to protray the lives of Muslims?

A: Overall the response of the community has been positive alhumdullilah. Although I created the series, I did not direct any of the first eight episodes or write all of the episodes myself. We work as a team and I am the only Muslim on the creative team because comedy/television writing is not a career choice that Muslims have gone into in great number yet. So there are issues of adab that are challenging to communicate to non-Muslim actors and the other members of the team. So yes there are some aspects of behaviour that will seem out of the normal behaviour of Muslims.  ...

the non-Muslim writers did finally understand why this particular scene may not have reflected the authentic behaviour of Muslims.

well that explains a bit. I had no idea that she had no part in the writing nor directing. I think they really need a Muslim in the writing team for this show to work.....
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 2:31am
lol hannah. ur writing style is exactly like mine. i always say 'ya' and i usually type in all lower case as u do sometimes.
hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 2:34am
David A.  

Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote David A. Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 2:41am
She did a lot of the writing and she consulted closely with the other writers and directors, but what she said was that she wasn’t there all the time, so certain things slipped through.  

There was another episode tonight, btw, and although it was funny I suspect a lot of Muslims will be offended by this one.  It shows some quite strong insensitivity by the congregation (?) toward the convert.  He’s not a very likable guy, but what they do to him is what I would call unchristian, and what I suspect many of you will feel is un-Muslim too.  

hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 2:49am
Originally posted by David.

She did a lot of the writing and she consulted closely with the other writers and directors, but what she said was that she wasn’t there all the time, so certain things slipped through.  

There was another episode tonight, btw, and although it was funny I suspect a lot of Muslims will be offended by this one.  It shows some quite strong insensitivity by the congregation (?) toward the convert.  He’s not a very likable guy, but what they do to him is what I would call unchristian, and what I suspect many of you will feel is un-Muslim too.  

alrighty then........I did'nt read the link yet.

I have not seen tonites episode yet, I was at work. but being a convert myself I will have to put my 'hard hat' on before I view it on Youtube
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 3:04am
LOL i love it when Baber's daughter was like. "Its boody."
soulchild
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote soulchild Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 6:01am
full episodes in 1 video

Kent  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Christian(Protestant)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Kent Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2007 at 9:07am
You're awesome soulchild. THANK YOU.

Edited by Kent - 15 February 2007 at 9:07am
Kent
4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Seeker of Paradise Administrator
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 129
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2007 at 7:04am
OMG...this weeks episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< Prev Page  of 24 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version