Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archive (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Whyislam.org Forums : Archive : Archive
Message Icon Topic: New Rule for a change Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
whatever_girl  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whatever_girl Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2007 at 8:37pm
omg....thank you. Really, I have a tear in my eye reading this today. Faaz...and to the rest of the mods...really, thank you.

wow--I'm happily surprised to read this. This will really open conversation and dialogue, and not make people feel like they are being chastised for histories they had nothing to do with, and have nothing to do with their modern-day faith.

Blessings to you. 

Be open and trust in a God
who is not outdone in generosity.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
guardian1  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Other(Jedi)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote guardian1 Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2007 at 8:44pm
maybe we all need to have warm cookies, cold milk and a nap everyday. it might help
death before disco
whatever_girl  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whatever_girl Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2007 at 8:45pm
LOL--Yeah, that might help...i'm watching my carbs though...maybe just a cup of chamomile tea and nap....feeeer sure
Faaz  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Faaz Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2007 at 2:29pm
I am surprised that all those who are arguing the most in IR section have not posted on this thread.

faaz
Faaz
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2007 at 3:40pm
I suggest it's time to take it easy on the IR forum

It is not a place for Muslims and Christians to fight, and it's not a boxing arena

Time for a smile around here:

Take your pick !
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

whatever_girl  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whatever_girl Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2007 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Faaz

I am surprised that all those who are arguing the most in IR section have not posted on this thread.

faaz

yeah, i know...oh well..surprised and not surprised all at the same time.

you know, on the Catholic Answers Forum...they have a rule about 'charity' towards others...and if violated, then the poster gets warnings...and then they are suspended for a time. Charity, meaning that although we should witness to one another, there's no reason to degrade others' faiths, mock, or put others' down. It really should be a rule here, because it will help with your site's overall perception to others. Thanks, again, Faaz.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2007 at 4:19pm
It may help a bit if we are more realistic

Part of the trouble we have on the IR is a "hidden" clash between some Christian missionaries and some Muslim posters

If the dialogue was mainly meant for better understanding or searching for the objective truth, things would have been better, but unfortunately it's not like that

Some non-Muslim posters are here to attack Islam, and when they do some Muslims respond and this is what we get on both sides  !

Could that be part of the real problem?
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

M.A.R.W.A.N
Mureed
Mureed
Dragon rescuer, Virgin slayer.
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 134
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote M.A.R.W.A.N Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2007 at 4:27pm
True, in fact most bashing is towards Islam, but most of it falls under freedom of expression, which we allow even if we don't like what's being said. If there is a bad reaction by some muslims, then it's only natural (but not excusable).

I'd like to see examples of Catholic bashing, so we can take care of it - that's why there's the report button.
Faaz  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 1 of 1 votes Quote Faaz Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2007 at 8:37pm

I agree bro Marwan & Bro Cardoby

I still believe some of our brothers and sisters can behave with patience and not react, mocking other faiths is certainly not the way of our beloved Prophet(sas), I would hate to see shura make rules that will stiffle the debate, what we are seeing is not debate but slander & mockery, Like Bro Munawar says we have no rules against lieing about faith, The main thing we should all understand is there are people here who read these posts, they are real and have feelings, if you are face to face with them would you still say what you are saying.

Faaz

Faaz
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2007 at 3:36am
Thanks Faaz for the advice, Im glad it was made a sticky topic too so it could be a reminder for us, and I also agree with Marwan.

Another thing, I think there is a difference between attacks vs. trying to understand another faith without the insults.

Edited by indiangirl - 19 January 2007 at 3:47am
BrJimC  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Forum Alien Executioner
Forum Rating: 170
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote BrJimC Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2007 at 8:28am
Qur'an 16:125  Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy Lord is Best Aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go aright.

Qur'an 3:65  O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him? Have ye then no sense?

God is Good!   All the time!!!

Qur'an 6:148  Those who give partners (to Allah) will say: "If Allah had wished, we should not have given partners to Him nor would our fathers; nor should we have had any taboos." So did their ancestors argue falsely, until they tasted of Our wrath. Say: "Have ye any (certain) knowledge? If so, produce it before us. Ye follow nothing but conjecture: ye do nothing but lie."   Subhanallah.

Edited by BrJimC - 19 January 2007 at 8:51am
Accept Islam Today!

Misbah  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Forum Rating: 103
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Misbah Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2007 at 9:16am
Ironic. 
"Donít be so humble - you ain't that great."
BrJimC  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Forum Alien Executioner
Forum Rating: 170
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote BrJimC Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2007 at 9:51am
I like how Allah encourages us to debate fairly and in good manner but when you have to call a spade, a spade....

Dont fear, nor fret....

Call a spade, a spade!

hymning and hawing about what is clear only obstructs the truth.

The Quran further tells us not to argue about those things that we are not clear on.

Edited by BrJimC - 19 January 2007 at 9:53am
Accept Islam Today!

Islamway  
Mureed
Mureed
Allahu Akbar
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Islamway Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2007 at 10:48am
Part of the trouble we have on the IR is a "hidden" clash between some Christian missionaries and some Muslim posters

Question: Are these missionaries paid for posting here?

Edited by Islamway - 19 January 2007 at 7:21pm
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version