Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Flesh of swine(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Mad Cat

Originally posted by Traveller

Muslim don't know why, just that God said it is forbidden. God did not explain why. The same with "that tree". God did not explain why Adam must not go near that tree, just "don't go near that tree".

Originally posted by Bible NIV

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Genesis 3:2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

Do you think there is a reason Allah forbid pork or did he just do it?

Not wanting to tangent too much again, this whole alcohol thing seems to be an ‘use and abuse’ issue. The same could be said of knives, fast food, vehicles and a thousand other things. You just have to use your intelligence and self-control when using said things or the law of the land should have the right to step in before you do harm to others.

God creates this universe with great knowledge which is even beyond our ablities but he gave us brain to reflect upon his creation and discover his wisdom..

God send prophets to tell us about him, invite us to believe in him and worship him. Using our brains we can know the truth and choose to  follow it...u can't call this BLIND FAITH but once we believe that there is a creator and he has sent a prophets and revealed to them his words now we are order to OBEY... because u believe in a God who cannot make error and he gave u an order to follow for your own good, he should not sent a scientific paper to explain to you why you should not eat pork, he gave this order thouthands years ago and believers just follow it

So my point is search for the truth regarding who is the creator and if he has sent any revelation but if one day you reached this truth so OBEY

A note: this does not  prevernt us from asking WHY and reflect upon his order but if your brain couldn't find an answer Just obey ( of course if u still believe that he is the creator)

and with reflecting we know that pigs are far more predisposed to a lot of disease more than other animals because will eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs.Actually there is more health hazards from eating pork
But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:57am
"I understand what you are saying but I just think ‘We don't question the order. We just obey.’ is very dangerous."

Yes, that mindset can be dangerous, but probably not in this case because it is just a food.  However, the reply does seem to fly in the face of the refrain, "Islam is logical."

The topic has been discussed many times before. 

http://www.whyislam.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21575&KW=pork&PID=480455#480455

In fact, some of objections to the consumption of pork are cut and pastes from those threads.
"Why do you think God told us not to eat pork? I'll tell you. It's for the  same reason as when God told Adam to do what he likes in the garden but don't touch that tree, not just any tree but THAT tree."

"“We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two.” Osama Bin Laden
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:59am
MadCat you said you had answered the question of if Jesus had ever said it was ok to eat pork.. I looked back and missed that... did he actually say that?
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:13am
"“We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two.” Osama Bin Laden
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:30am
LT... nice avitar. :)

Does Matthew 15 quote Jesus as saying its ok to eat Pork now?
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:38am

I think Christ makes it very clear, and I think the Apostles make it extremely clear.

jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:40am
Is that your answer?  and you changed your avatar... porky pig got old fast I guess
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:42am

Mad Cat:  I have already answered this.

Add: And why don't you try reading the links I provided?  Like this one, and you would know the reply:

Edited by LtTony - 27 March 2008 at 11:45am
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:54am
I don't see it, but nice to see the avatar back :)
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:55am
So that means it's ok to eat anything...  drink anything.  No limits.  Right?  That doesn't sound like anything God would want really.  If it's ok to eat anything, if what comes out of the mouth matters and what goes into the mouth doesn't, then we can eat/drink bugs, snakes, vultures, blood...  is cannibalism condemned in the Bible, or is that ok too?
No Self-Vote Allowed.   IP IP Logged
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 12:40pm
Now see jamilahz.  Rach "gets it."  Yes, Rach, nothing is unclean. 

But you're getting a little silly with the cannibalism remark.  Don't you think?

I think it is OK to eat bugs, although I don't dine on them myself.  And do you know of a problem , an issue, with cannibalistic christians, LOL? (Beyond "the body and blood of Christ" at communion.)

Edited by LtTony - 27 March 2008 at 10:37pm
Mad Cat  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by Mai

and with reflecting we know that pigs are far more predisposed to a lot of disease more than other animals because will eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs. Actually there is more health hazards from eating pork

This is good. Now the questions: What about other animals that eat similar food?

What if you eat good quality pork and cook it well?

Originally posted by Rachel

So that means it's ok to eat anything...  drink anything.  No limits.  Right?  That doesn't sound like anything God would want really.  If it's ok to eat anything, if what comes out of the mouth matters and what goes into the mouth doesn't, then we can eat/drink bugs, snakes, vultures, blood...  is cannibalism condemned in the Bible, or is that ok too?

This is what I was talking about when I said you are expected to use your intelligence.

Jamilahz

Originally posted by Mad Cat from page 1

Sorry, you responded in the meantime. The below is to you.
I think one thing that has to be understood about this kind of thing is that it doesn’t always say things specifically. This goes for the Quran as well as the Bible.
Just because Jesus isn’t recorded as saying specifically ‘I am God’ doesn’t mean that He wasn’t. 

Test everything. Hold on to the good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by MadCat

I understand what you are saying but I just think ‘We don't question the order. We just obey.’ is very dangerous.

Just wondering, how is it dangerous when we have that kind of mindset for God's orders?

Edited by MedGirl - 27 March 2008 at 2:36pm
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 5:17pm
I have made myself clear and tried my best ...sorry that u dont understand
But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version