Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Flesh of swine(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 7:48pm

lol.. sorry to take your time..... the drama of it all!

Nothing dramatic about it all.  Quite the opposite, in fact.

I've read most of the links and it still does not make sense.  I was a Christian once and I didn't understand it then either.  What I do know is that Jesus himself said he did not come to change the law... 

You "were a christian" but didn't understand that?  What else didn't you understand?  A lot probably, so it is best for you to embrace another faith.
Add to you list of misunderstandings that verse of Jesus not changing the law.  Given time, maybe you will understand all those things better.  At least that is my hope.

If you want to eat pork eat it.... but there really does not seem to be any proof that it was made allowable in the NT.

Thanks, I will.  And I will respect your choice not to.  The links don't make sense, there are things you don't understand on this issue, yet you can't discern anything that made it allowable.  Personally, I wouldn't trust your discernment of these issues.  Why do you suppose the early church fathers and theologins, and nearly all of orthodox christianity does not prohibit pork?  Doi you think they may understand the scriptures better than someone who admits portions don't make any sense?  I think what you meant to say is you don't agree with it.

Edited by LtTony - 27 March 2008 at 8:08pm
"We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two. Osama Bin Laden
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 8:18pm
Sigh LT... you are very condescending... oh well.  You actually can be quite amusing really. 

May Allah guide you to the straight path.
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
Misbah  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 103
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:26pm
Salaam/Hi

Ok so shall we settle this very long crazy thread, as 'cut out the middle man'

Pigs will scavenge and have been known to eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, tree bark, rotting carcasses, garbage, and even other pigs. In the wild, they are foraging animals, primarily eating leaves and grasses, roots, fruits and flowers. Occasionally, in captivity, pigs may eat their own young, often if they become severely stressed.

Nice, and very charming esp. the 'pigs may eat thier young'

ok and...

• The dietary laws of Judaism (Kashrut, adj. Kosher) forbid the eating of flesh of swine or pork in any form, considering the pig to be an unclean animal (see taboo food and drink). Seventh-day Adventists and some other fundamental Christian denominations also consider pork unclean as food.
  • Islam also forbids the eating of flesh of swine or pork in any form, because of its uncleanliness and its immodest nature (see Halal).

And finally this....

Pigs harbour a range of parasites and diseases that can be transmitted to humans. These include trichinosis, Taenia solium, cysticercosis, and brucellosis. Pigs are also known to host large concentrations of parasitic ascarid worms in their digestive tract.[1]The presence of these diseases and parasites is one of the reasons why pork meat should always be well cooked or cured before eating. Some religious groups that consider pork unclean refer to these issues as support for their views.[2]

Pigs are susceptible to bronchitis and pneumonia. They have small lungs in relation to body size; for this reason, bronchitis or pneumonia can kill a pig quickly.

Pigs can be aggressive and pig-induced injuries are relatively common in areas where pigs are reared or where they form part of the wild or feral fauna.[3]

Now everyone happy, or are we just going to go for another 7 pages until the thread is closed?

"Dont be so humble - you ain't that great."
Misbah  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 103
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:37pm
Salaam

Oh and Br Taveller, i wasn't having a go at the actual thread, just what's it turned into kinda thing..ok?
We Koser?

lol..

Erm..

Anyway

Wasalaam
"Dont be so humble - you ain't that great."
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:41pm

I was willing to let it die, but now you've introduced some information that has been countered in earlier threads.  And the "immodest nature" thing, is that from Naik?

I'll try to address them when I return to the forum.
"We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two. Osama Bin Laden
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

bullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:53pm
No worries Misbah. I have a soft spot for you  (as well as all the ladies here)
In life, be like a traveller. Take only what you need
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

bullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 1:16am
Originally posted by MadCat

I dont understand what you mean by the heifer thing.

And (remember) when Msa (Moses) said to his people: "Verily, Allh commands you that you slaughter a heifer." They said, "Do you make fun of us?" He said, "I take Allh's Refuge from being among Al-Jhiln (the ignorants or the foolish)." They said, "Call upon your Lord for us that He may make plain to us what it is!" He said, "He says, 'Verily, it is a cow neither too old nor too young, but (it is) between the two conditions', so do what you are commanded." They said, "Call upon your Lord for us to make plain to us its colour." He said, "He says, 'It is a yellow heifer, bright in its colour, pleasing to the beholders." They said, "Call upon your Lord for us to make plain to us what it is. Verily to us all heifers are alike, And surely, if Allh wills, we will be guided." He [Msa (Moses)] said, "He says, 'It is a heifer neither trained to till the soil nor water the fields, sound, having no other colour except bright yellow.' " They said, "Now you have brought the truth." So they slaughtered it though they were near to not doing it.
(Quran 2-67..71)

Is there a similar story in the bible? And most important, is the lesson of that story found in the bible?

Edited by Traveller - 28 March 2008 at 1:23am
struggle  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Other(Other)
bullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Misbah

Salaam/Hi

Ok so shall we settle this very long crazy thread, as 'cut out the middle man'

Romans 11:8 as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes so that they could not see and ears so that they could not hear, to this very day."

Mark 4:9 Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

Its Done!
EYE FOR EYE
IssaRaheem  
bullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 3:27am
Salaam,

In the messianic community, there is a saying called, "Hamsandwich Theology." Basically the belief is, it seemed to Jews who converted to Christianity that they had to somehow eat a hamsandwich to prove to some Christians thier loyalty to the Christian faith....

I wonder if the lips of Yeshua (AS) ever touched the flesh of swine? Never heard that in my entire life.. The only story I remember in the gospels, is where Yeshua (AS) cast demons into swine as the swine threw themselves off a cliff..

(Mark 5:10-13)
And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. 11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. 12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

Edited by IssaRaheem - 28 March 2008 at 3:36am
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

bullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 3:58am
Originally posted by Bill2702

Look!

The OP was just a ploy to accuse another section of humanity of disobeying God. Some people call it Christian bashing.

Me, I call it typical.

Ploy to accuse?

Bill.

It's not a ploy to accuse. It is a remark to a section of believers of earlier revelation, that they ARE disobeying God.

Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

bullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 6:38am
Originally posted by LtTony

Let me phrase it this way -- with all due respect:  The Islamic prohibition against pork IS NOT the word of God.  It is a matter of opinion.  Just as it is for christian doctrine.

Huh! Am I missing something?

Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

bullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 6:44am
Originally posted by M.A.R.W.A.N

AFAIK, Traveller does not Christian bash - I am witness to that

Thank you Marwan sir.

And yes, I don't bash Christians or anybody for that matter.. hmm.. except maybe Bill, coz he can take lots of bashing.

Bill2702  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Golly goo deaf hello
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
bullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Traveller

Originally posted by Bill2702

Look!

The OP was just a ploy to accuse another section of humanity of disobeying God. Some people call it Christian bashing.

Me, I call it typical.

Ploy to accuse?

Bill.

It's not a ploy to accuse. It is a remark to a section of believers of earlier revelation, that they ARE disobeying God.

Do you work in marketting (or perhaps you are a lawyer)?

Anything free is worth what you pay for it.
struggle  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Other(Other)
bullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 9:56am
I think it has to do with jealously bill. One does not have to follow the law than the other when it comes to their personal references.  
EYE FOR EYE
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version