Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Sex Infections Found in Quarter of Teenage Girls Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Gargoyle  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Shia)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Gargoyle Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 5:30pm

Edited by Gargoyle - 27 May 2008 at 2:27pm
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Gargoyle

Just my input since I am a health/bio nerd. These statistics were the same when I was about 12-13 yrs old. It was always about 1 out of every 4-5 teenager/young adults will get a sexually transmitted disease. So this has been steady with slight increases and decreses here and there for over a decade. Why they must act like its something new is beyond me. I can get you archives that this has been the same percentage for decades. Also my aunt is Gynecologist and she says the numbers have been steady for some time now as well.

I'm not surprised either.
hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 6:07pm
and imagine all the stuff that goes unreported...
Dolcy
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Christian(Protestant)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Dolcy Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2008 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Kamilah

I don't know exactly what the programs entail, but telling students to abstain but giving them condoms 'just in case' might be confusing.

We live in a society that glorifies sex in so many ways... its everywhere.  Drive down 91 in Hartford and see a billboard for VIP adult store with a GIANT half naked woman in a bunny costume (for easter of course).  For programs of any kind to work we have to curtail the glorification of sex everywhere we turn. 

Right on Kamilah!
 In North America we need to started by cleaning up the garbage coming out of the Movie Industry and into our living rooms.

The glorification of sex in the Movies and pulp books are the prime reason for sex among our young people today.

There is also the problem of clergy failing to teach abstinence from their pulpits. Then of course there is the problem that too many adults think that extra marital sex is okay for them and when kids see mom and dad engaging adultery then they think it is okay for them.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases are God's punishment on folks who are sexually active outside of marriage. The number one cure for the disease is abstinence from sex other than with one life time partner.
"The heart of communication and understanding is kindness."
Eleanor Burne-Jones <>       Salvation Army Forum   November 10th, 2007
Dolcy
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Christian(Protestant)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Dolcy Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2008 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Islamway

Originally posted by scruggnut

Originally posted by Islamway

It sends a message to those who keep putting down Islam and Islamic values .. actually the prophet (sas) has warned us 14 centuries ago: “Never does fahishah emerge within a people to the extent that they publicize it except plague and torments spread within them, the likes of which have not passed in their predecessors who have passed away.”

While i understand that abstaining from sexual intercourse is a value that islam embraces...i would hesitate to call it an "islamic value".
I think some people abstained from sexual intercourse before the qur'an and islam came into being.

Saying it's an Islamic value doesn't mean it's exclusive for Islam.

Islam does not only prohibit illegal sexual intercourse, but all the ways leading to it .. many people don't like the fact that , in Islam, women should dress modestly and that Islam puts restrictions on the relation between men and women.

Islam considers illegal sexual intercourse a major sin and a crime, which is punished by the law.

Illicit sexual intercourse is equally wrong according to the teaching of Jewish and Christian beliefs. Jesus taught sex between unmarried partners was fornication and adultery. People who are guilty of breaking the 10 Commandments as found in the Bible may think themselves Christians but they are according to scripture endanger of Hell.
"The heart of communication and understanding is kindness."
Eleanor Burne-Jones <>       Salvation Army Forum   November 10th, 2007
z ardy  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
I am the Yin Yang master
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote z ardy Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2008 at 1:37pm

people are losing their faith. that's bad, seriously. one of my tourist guides when i was in Turkey told me that he doesn't pray, but his mother does. a Buddhist friend said that to her, Buddhism is just to have something as her state of religious belief and attend some sort of hearings and stuff. people are absolutely losing their faith. Astaghfirullah...

and, yeah, sex is overrated. to risk yourself getting STDs for the rest of your life just for minutes of guilty pleasure with some strangers (other than spouse) ... it's just not worth it. Hollywood is absolutely playing its role and film industries in the rest of the world are following suit. kids love them.

according to the article:
Officials of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the findings underscored the need to strengthen screening, vaccination and other prevention measures for the diseases, which are among the highest public health priorities.

... i just don't understand why did they highlight those instead of replacing it with something else instead, eg. monitor & control the media, bladdah, bladdah. can't they just admit their mistake for being too open minded and so called liberalism. i read this quote in a book (i can't remember which), "some people are so open-minded that their brains fall out". something for each of us to think of.
let's all be matured and stop arguing for nothing
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2008 at 2:08pm
Salam

Good to see Christians like Dolcy just saying it like it really is!
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version