Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: milad Post Reply Post New Topic
noor014  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote noor014 Replybullet Topic: milad
    Posted: 26 March 2008 at 1:48pm

is it wrong to celebrate milad ul nabi? i don't think it is as i have read many debates about the topic and listened to many speeches made by scholars, but i would be very interested to hear the views of you guys....wot do u fink bout this issue and more importantly y???

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2008 at 1:58pm
Welcome to the forum

That question will be valid in 2009 In-Shaa-Allah

Till then, here is IOL's answer:

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

noor014  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote noor014 Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2008 at 2:08pm
thank you....that IOL answer was very useful! i suggest any one else with any queries on the topic reads it too.
i like monkeys!!
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:44pm
another view from Islamqa

Mawlid
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
noor014  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote noor014 Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:20am
now dats confused me even more. this argument is saying that any sort of new innovation is wrong but surely dats not trure. in a milad people recite the Qura'n...send blessings to the Prophet and read naats and namaaz together. It is a day of worship....n also a day in which youth like myself refocus on our religion n its importance in our lives. is that such a wrong thng to do ?? surely if such events do not involve forbidden thngs such as intermingling of the sexes...then they are not wrong? surely getting people together to worship and talk about their faith and recall stories of the life of the Prophet for children is a good thng??
i like monkeys!!
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:28am
Noor014

There are different views on the matter.  So you have to weigh it carefully.  I personally don't do it, but others do.  One thing to keep in mind, is that when Shaytan wants to lead people astray he does not do it by telling them to do things that are obviously wrong (like go kill that person over there, it's ok).  He does it by whispering things that seem good but in truth are not. 

All of the things you mentioned can and should be done at any time of the year... we should not need a special day to do that. 
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
Islamway  
Mureed
Mureed
Allahu Akbar
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Islamway Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:40am
Originally posted by noor014

This argument is saying that any sort of new innovation is wrong but surely dats not trure.

It's true that any newly introduced ritual or form of worship is considered bid'ah and is strictly forbidden in Islam ..

"And beware of newly invented matters, for every newly invented thing is an innovation, and every innovation is a misguidance."
"Whoever invents in this affair of ours what is not from it, then it is rejected."

Edited by Islamway - 27 March 2008 at 11:01am
noor014  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote noor014 Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2008 at 12:41pm
hmmmmmmmmmmmm i hear wot ur saying......but here is another argument that i found online which answers alot of questions,including the one of innovations. i fink it shud b checked out..

i like monkeys!!
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 12:27am
I was looking at the link and noticed that a lot of the argument for malwid here is that there are other innovations that we do and so we should be able to do this too.  It sort of sounds like 'but mom!  all the  kids are doing it!'

Most of the things on the list of accepted innovations were done by sahaaba. They should know best what would have been accepted and ok.  One of them was putting the Qu'ran into a book.. The Prophet (saws) always had people write it down, so I don't see this as such a problem...

anyway just a few thoughts
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version