Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: what do you think of the new forum? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4
Poll Question: what do you think of the new forum?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [42.31%]
5 [19.23%]
5 [19.23%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [15.38%]
1 [3.85%]
You can not vote in this poll

hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2008 at 10:11pm
as long as the important sections remain and we can continue our dawah and learning about Islam I'm content with that
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jana.z Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2008 at 11:21pm
if you look at things carefully, some of the best dawah starts with a muslim and a non muslims just talking. 

dawah comes different ways for different ppl and when you least expect it.   laughing at a joke here or writing about ones daily life lets ppl know one another and find a common ground. there can be a balance between all of it.  it also allows non muslims to see that muslims experience very similar things that they do. 

but alhamdulilah anyway.
And hold fast, all together to the rope of Allah and do not separate.”Âl’ Imran:103)

http://myimmatureviewpoint.blogspot.com/
http://solomuslimah.blogspot.com/
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2008 at 11:27pm
I'm sorry to hear that you think I didn't look carefully.  In any case its nothing to argue about.  Of course there can be some fun in here, but the main purpose of this forum is teach people about the true Islam.
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2008 at 11:37pm
Salam

A reminder of why we changed the forum.

Salam

First, let me explain why we have decided to break the forum up into two sections.  The majority of users in this forum, both muslim and non muslim, are well behaved and can communicate with each other in a non aggressive/offensive, respectful way.  There is a minority of users - again, both muslim and non muslim -  who are not like that.  We have felt that over the last few months, the small minority has been spoiling the forum to the extent that many respectful members no longer wish to participate on the forum.  This, of course, is not an acceptable state of affairs.  So after several discussions between the senior members, we have decided on a 'two tier' system to the forum.  The main section, which will contain the forum 'Questions and Discussions About Islam' will be only for 'selected' members, those who fall in the category of being well behaved, respectful, and non aggressive/offensive.  The majority of members fit into this category.
The other section will be open to everyone, and people will be free to act in whatever way they want to (within our current guidelines).  The idea is that those members who are really here to learn about Islam, or inform others about Islam, will now have a section which is free of any of the stuff which the majority of members would prefer not to see

There are NO restrictions on starting threads in general discussion: word games, jokes, movies, etc. 

May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2008 at 2:26am
Originally posted by jana.z

if you look at things carefully, some of the best dawah starts with a muslim and a non muslims just talking. 

dawah comes different ways for different ppl and when you least expect it.   laughing at a joke here or writing about ones daily life lets ppl know one another and find a common ground. there can be a balance between all of it.  it also allows non muslims to see that muslims experience very similar things that they do. 

but alhamdulilah anyway.

Hey Jana,

General Banter was fused with General Discussion, so they didn't delete it, they just added them together.

Edited by MedGirl - 31 March 2008 at 2:27am
jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jana.z Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:07pm
thanks wahaj!!
And hold fast, all together to the rope of Allah and do not separate.”Âl’ Imran:103)

http://myimmatureviewpoint.blogspot.com/
http://solomuslimah.blogspot.com/
Bill2702  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Golly goo deaf hello
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Bill2702 Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2008 at 2:11pm
Would have been nice if the archive had been set up with some sort of structure, not all chucked into one big pile in the basement (all due respect to the chucker ).
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2008 at 2:56pm
Bill,

Are you volunteering?
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
Bill2702  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Golly goo deaf hello
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Bill2702 Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2008 at 6:31pm
To sort out the pile? No way. The links to the original sections are probably lost.
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.
hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2008 at 6:56pm
I can try to organize it, but it might take me about a year to sort out the thousands of posts

Edited by hannah114 - 31 March 2008 at 7:16pm
4everHopeful  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Seeker of Paradise Administrator
Forum Rating: 129
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote 4everHopeful Replybullet Posted: 01 April 2008 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Bill2702

Would have been nice if the archive had been set up with some sort of structure, not all chucked into one big pile in the basement (all due respect to the chucker ).

sorry!

<< Prev Page  of 4
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version