Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Which Miracles of Jesus are not in the Bible? Post Reply Post New Topic
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: Which Miracles of Jesus are not in the Bible?
    Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:30pm
The Qur'an describes a number of miracles which may not be mentioned in The Bible

For example, after he was born, Jesus, peace be upon him, spoke in the cradle to protect his mother, Mary, from the accusations made against her for having a child without a husband

“He shall speak to people while still in the cradle, and in manhood, and he shall be from the righteous.” (Qur'an 3:46)

Jesus said to the people:

“I am indeed a slave of God.  He has given me the Book and made me a Prophet, and He has made me blessed wherever I may be.  And He has enjoined upon me prayers, and to pay the alms, as long as I live and (He has made me) kind to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed.  And may Peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and on the Day I shall be raised to life.” (Qur'an 19:30-33)

Are there other miracles of Jesus mentioned in The Qur'an not mentioned in The Bible?

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
algebra
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Other(Other)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote algebra Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 4:07pm
wasnt there a miracle involving bringing clay birds to life as a child?

what I find strange though is that the Quran does not make mention of any of the miracles that jesus performed as an adult, as mentioned in christian scripture.
I could be wrong, but is there mention of jesus raising people back to life in the Quran?
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 5:03pm
The mention in the Qur'an of Jesus bringing clay birds to life and his raising people back to life are actually in the same verse.

And (will make) him a messenger unto the Children of Israel, (saying): Verily I come to you with a sign from your Lord. I (will) fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by God's leave. I (will) heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I (will) raise the dead, by God's leave. And I announce to you what you should eat and what you should store up in your houses. Surely there is a sign for you, if you are to be believers.  (3:49)
No Self-Vote Allowed.   IP IP Logged
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 6:45pm

My favourite miracle is the one where he rubs his belly while simultaneously patting his head.

Edited by scruggnut - 28 March 2008 at 6:46pm
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
Squeegie  

Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Squeegie Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2008 at 10:42pm
Scrugg, even I can do that. I can stand three feet from a wall with a chair between me and the wall, bend at the waist, put my head on the wall, pick up the chair, and stand up. Can you?
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 1:15am
The miracle of Jesus, peace be upon him, mentioned in Chapter 5 of The Qur'an, when people ask him to bring down a table with food from heaven, and God answers this prayer:

[And remember] when the disciples said, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, can your Lord send down to us a table [spread with food] from the heaven?

[Jesus] said," Fear Allah, if you should be believers."

(5:112) ...

Allah said, "Indeed, I will sent it down to you, but whoever disbelieves afterwards from among you - then indeed will I punish him with a punishment by which I have not punished anyone among the worlds

(5:115)

Is this miracle mentioned in The Bible?

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

algebra
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote algebra Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:40am
I think this is the same story as the one in the bible where jesus feeds multitudes with fish and bread.

Its unlikely that jesus would have asked for a 'table', it having not yet been invented!!!
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Squeegie

Scrugg, even I can do that. I can stand three feet from a wall with a chair between me and the wall, bend at the waist, put my head on the wall, pick up the chair, and stand up. Can you?
Well, i don't think so, although i must admit i've never tried that, let alone even thought of such a thing.
That is impressive to say the least.
I can touch my toes...well, i used to be able to; but at least now i can see my toes...my belly doesn't get in the way anymore.  Yay for me.
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
noor014  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote noor014 Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:55am
Originally posted by algebra

Its unlikely that jesus would have asked for a 'table', it having not yet been invented!!!

when was the "table" invented? im sure there would have been some sort of tables back then and before that....
i like monkeys!!
algebra
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote algebra Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2008 at 11:22am
I stand corrected tables were in common use back then.
Squeegie  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Squeegie Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2008 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by scruggnut

Originally posted by Squeegie

Well, i don't think so, although i must admit i've never tried that, let alone even thought of such a thing.
That is impressive to say the least.
I can touch my toes...well, i used to be able to; but at least now i can see my toes...my belly doesn't get in the way anymore.  Yay for me.

Scrugg, it has to do with the shape of the female pelvis. A man cannot do what I suggested simply because his pelvis is not shaped to accommodate birthing a baby.
Westwind  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Westwind Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

The miracle of Jesus, peace be upon him, mentioned in Chapter 5 of The Qur'an, when people ask him to bring down a table with food from heaven, and God answers this prayer:

[And remember] when the disciples said, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, can your Lord send down to us a table [spread with food] from the heaven?

[Jesus] said," Fear Allah, if you should be believers."

(5:112) ...

Allah said, "Indeed, I will sent it down to you, but whoever disbelieves afterwards from among you - then indeed will I punish him with a punishment by which I have not punished anyone among the worlds

(5:115)

Is this miracle mentioned in The Bible?

This is very similar to the John 6 conversation Jesus had with unbelieving Jews who were following him.  They were more interested in filling their stomachs than in accepting the 'bread of life' that would bring them salvation. The manna referenced by the Jews was food that God miraculously gave the Israelites every morning during their wandering in the desert with Moses.  Jesus refers to himself as the 'bread of life' because belief in him gave eternal life, where the manna only sustained the body.

Joh 6:26  Jesus answered them and said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.
Joh 6:27  "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal."
Joh 6:28  Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?"
Joh 6:29  Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."
Joh 6:30  So they said to Him, "What then do You do for a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work do You perform?
Joh 6:31  "Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, 'HE GAVE THEM BREAD OUT OF HEAVEN TO EAT.'"
Joh 6:32  Jesus then said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven.
Joh 6:33  "For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world."
Joh 6:34  Then they said to Him, "Lord, always give us this bread."
Joh 6:35  Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

He is risen! Alleluia! Mark 16:1-6
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version