Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Hadith of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 167 Next >>
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2008 at 11:08pm
Hadith Qudsi

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 6:23pm

The Prophet said:

Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases. (The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously; (the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others.

(Bukhari)
jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jana.z Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 1:03pm

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 102, Vol 1).
And hold fast, all together to the rope of Allah and do not separate.”Âl’ Imran:103)

http://myimmatureviewpoint.blogspot.com/
http://solomuslimah.blogspot.com/
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 1:22pm
Narrated Anas bin Malik: A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, "Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven." Then one of them said, "I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever." The other said, "I will throughout the year and will not break my fast." The third said, "I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever." Allah's Apostle came to them and said, "Are you the same people who said so-and-so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fastfast and break my , I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers)."  (Book #62, Hadith #1)
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 1:56pm
The Prophet said:

He in whose heart is as much as a grain of false pride will not enter Paradise.

A man remarked:

Oh Messenger of God! A man likes his garment to be beautiful and his sandals to be beautiful. Would it be considered as arrogance or haughtiness?

He replied:

No, not at all, indeed God is Beautiful and He loves beauty. Arrogance is to disregard what is right and true, and secondly to hold people in contempt.

(Related by Muslim and At-Tirmidhi)
jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jana.z Replybullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 6:19am

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Facilitate things to people (concerning religious matters), and do not make it hard for them and give them good tidings and do not make them run away (from Islam)."   bukhari

Edited by jana.z - 10 April 2008 at 6:20am
And hold fast, all together to the rope of Allah and do not separate.”Âl’ Imran:103)

MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 9:23pm
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

Muslims, in their mutual love, kindness and compassion, are like the human body; when one of its parts is in pain the entire body feels the pain in both sleeplessness and fever.

(Bukhari and Muslim)
ScoobyGurl  
Mureed
Mureed
The Modern Muslimah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ScoobyGurl Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2008 at 6:40pm
'A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, reported that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said:

O people, only do things that you are able to continue doing, for otherwise you will soon be discouraged and stop. The action that Allah considers to be the best are the constant and continuous ones, even if they are small.

(Bukhari)

Edited by ScoobyGurl - 11 April 2008 at 6:41pm
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:13pm
Hadith Qudsi

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.

It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jana.z Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2008 at 8:26pm

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

The Prophet remained behind us on a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the 'Asr prayer which was over-due and we were just passing wet hands over our feet (not washing them thoroughly) so he addressed us in a loud voice saying twice orthriae, "Save your heels from the fire."

jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2008 at 9:48pm
The difference between us and them is salaah. Whoever neglects it is a kaafir.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and the authors of Sunan with a saheeh isnaad)
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2008 at 10:04pm
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

The pledge (promise) between us and the people is prayer. One who abandons it, does an act of disbelief.

(Reported by Tirmidhi and Nasa'i)
jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jana.z Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:41pm

Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle said, "If anyone of you feels drowsy while praying he should go to bed (sleep) till his slumber is over because in praying while drowsy one does not know whether one is asking for forgiveness or for a bad thing for oneself."

jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2008 at 12:23am
 Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: A cloud came and it rained till the roof started leaking and in those days the roof used to be of the branches of date-palms. Iqama was pronounced and I saw Allah's Apostles prostrating in water and mud and even I saw the mark of mud on his forehead.  (Book #11, Hadith #638)
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
<< Prev Page  of 167 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version