Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Hadith of the Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 167 Next >>
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2008 at 2:02pm

It is reported by 'Anas b. Malik that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

Every religion has a distinctive quality, and the distinctive quality of Islam is modesty.

(Narrated by 'Ibnu Majah)
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2008 at 2:13pm
Hadith Qudsi

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: "My mercy prevails over my wrath."

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2008 at 11:30pm
5-If one gets sleepy while performing Tahajjud one should sleep. This is due to the hadith narrated by `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) as she quoted Allah’s Messenger as saying: "When one of you gets up during the night for prayer and his Qur'anic recital gets mixed up to the extent that he does not know what he says, he should lie down." This is related by Muslim.
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2008 at 11:30pm
Volume 2, Book 21, Number 244:
Narrated Samura bin Jundab:

The Prophet said in his narration of a dream that he saw, "He whose head was being crushed with a stone was one who learnt the Quran but never acted on it, and slept ignoring the compulsory prayers."
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2008 at 11:33pm
Volume 2, Book 21, Number 243:
Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "Satan puts three knots at the back of the head of any of you if he is asleep. On every knot he reads and exhales the following words, 'The night is long, so stay asleep.' When one wakes up and remembers Allah, one knot is undone; and when one performs ablution, the second knot is undone, and when one prays the third knot is undone and one gets up energetic with a good heart in the morning; otherwise one gets up lazy and with a mischievous heart."
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 14 April 2008 at 4:58pm

Malik said on the authority of Yahya b. Sa'id:

I have come to know that the prayer is the first deed of a man to be checked (on the Day of Judgement). Once it is accepted, the rest of his deeds would be looked into as well. But if it is not accepted, none of his other deeds would be looked into.

(Narrated by Malik)
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 14 April 2008 at 5:01pm

'Abu Malik 'Al-Ashja'i reported his father as saying:

Whenever a man accepts Islam, the very first thing The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to teach him was the prayer.

(Narrated by Tabarani)
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 14 April 2008 at 9:58pm

He who begins the morning with this world as his greatest concern, Allah (subhaana wa ta'aala) disperses his collected gains and puts its loss in front of him, and only that of the world comes to him which is written for him.

And he who begins the morning with the Hereafter as his greatest concern, Allah (subhaana wa ta'aala) gathers for him his works and creates richness in his heart due to them, and the world comes to him subserviently.

(Narrated by Imam Tirmidhi)
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2008 at 9:49pm

'Abdullah used to give a religious talk to the people on every Thursday. Once a man said:

O Aba 'Abdur-Rahman! (By Allah) I wish if you could preach us daily.

He replied:

The only thing which prevents me from doing so, is that I hate to bore you, and no doubt I take care of you in preaching by selecting a suitable time just as the Prophet used to do with us, for fear of making us bored.

(Bukhari)
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2008 at 9:55pm

Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet said:

The example of guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me is like abundant rain falling on the earth, some of which was fertile soil that absorbed rain water and brought forth vegetation and grass in abundance. (And) another portion of it was hard and held the rain water and Allah benefited the people with it and they utilized it for drinking, making their animals drink from it and for irrigation of the land for cultivation. (And) a portion of it was barren which could neither hold the water nor bring forth vegetation (then that land gave no benefits). The first is the example of the person who comprehends Allah's religion and gets benefit (from the knowledge) which Allah has revealed through me (the Prophets and learns and then teaches others. The last example is that of a person who does not care for it and does not take Allah's guidance revealed through me (He is like that barren land.)

(Bukhari)
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2008 at 4:46pm

Narrated Nu'am Al-Mujmir: Once I went up the roof of the mosque, along with Abu Huraira. He perform ablution and said: I heard the Prophet saying:

On the Day of Resurrection, my followers will be called "Al-Ghurr-ul-Muhajjalun" from the trace of ablution and whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so (i.e. by performing ablution regularly).

(Bukhari)
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2008 at 4:50pm

Narrated 'Ata' bin Yasar: Ibn 'Abbas performed ablution and washed his face (in the following way):

He ladled out a handful of water, rinsed his mouth and washed his nose with it by putting in water and then blowing it out. He then, took another handful (of water) and did like this (gesturing) joining both hands, and washed his face, took another handful of water and washed his right forearm. He again took another handful of water and washed his left forearm, and passed wet hands over his head and took another handful of water and poured it over his right foot (up to his ankles) and washed it thoroughly and similarly took another handful of water and washed thoroughly his left foot (up to the ankles) and said, "I saw Allah's Apostle performing ablution in this way."

(Bukhari)
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2008 at 1:43am

Narrated 'Aisha:

the Prophet prayed in a Khamisa (a square garment) having marks. During the prayer, he looked at its marks. So when he finished the prayer he said, "Take this Khamisa of mine to Abu Jahm and get me his Inbijaniya (a woolen garment without marks) as it (the Khamisa) has diverted my attention from the prayer."
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2008 at 1:43am

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet said, 'I was looking at its (Khamisa's) marks during the prayers and I was afraid that it may put me in trial (by taking away my attention).

<< Prev Page  of 167 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version