Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 103 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2018 at 4:09pm
Depressed? These 6 Quranic Antidotes will Ease You

1- You Are the Best Creation

Let not anyone, even yourself, tell you otherwise– you are the best as long as you worship Allah. He says:

We have certainly created man in the best of stature. (95:4)

A human being can become worse than an animal, but he can also become better than angels– all you need to do is always try to be on to the form that Allah has given you.

2- Success Doesn’t Depend on How Much You Have

You don’t have to have the best job, the best car, the best house, the best spouse in order to be successful. All these things which give you feelings on insecurity, they don’t count at all. So what counts? Allah describes the qualities of people who are successful...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/depressed-these-6-quranic-antidotes-will-ease-you/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:55am
How to Be Kind to Others? Try These 5 Ways

Don’t Feel You Are Better

How to be kind?

This question did not leave me and I pondered about what other elements are necessary to become a kind person. And I remembered my Shaykh’s lectures on being humble.

We should try to never feel better than any other person or any other of Allah’s creatures. It is important to understand that Allah’s guidance is a huge and tremendous gift that He bestowed upon us. It is nothing we have achieved on our own.

Divine guidance is a gift. So, we should never see a person of a different faith or no faith of being inferior to us. We don’t have the right to feel better than that person because we never know whether Allah will grant that person His guidance and raise them too much higher ranks than us...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/how-to-be-kind-to-others-try-these-5-ways/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:55am
Finding Serenity

So how do I find that elusive peace?

As Muslims, the answer is very simple.

First of all in prayer.

Five times a day, God All-Mighty (Allah) tells us, now why five?

Why not fifty five? Why not seventeen?

Because Allah chose that at five particular times of the day we pray.

When do we pray?

We pray in the earliest part of the morning, even before it’s light. We pray at noon, when the sun is at its height in the heavens. We pray in the middle of the afternoon when we are busy with our work. We pray when the sun goes down, and we pray at night. The rest of the time we don’t pray because we are asleep.

So Allah All-Mighty gives us these five times to perforate the day. It’s not a matter of numbers, we pick five, five seems a good idea.

The idea is that in praying five times a day our lives become holy, because five times a day we leave the business of life and we think about Allah All-Mighty instead.

So for Muslims, when we pray and our foreheads in a gesture of submission touches the ground,…

You know you might be a king in our job, we might be a millionaire in our job, we might be a road sweeper, but when our forehead strikes the ground we’re all equal in the sight of Allah, and we all say Allah All-Mighty, give me that peace that only You can give. Let me be one of those called Muslims because I have submitted to You.

I invite you to find that peace in Islam.

Islam, remember, comes from submission and peace.

Islam is a message of peace for my heart and for the world...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/inner-peace/looking-for-serenity/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2018 at 3:17am

10 Benefits of Hunger – The Fifth is the Greatest Benefit

Know that one of the most difficult desires to overcome is that of the stomach because it is built into the natural human self.

Hunger has been given to humans so that they may nourish their body.

However, if left uncontrolled, the appetite of the stomach will become one of the mortal vices, gluttony.

The way to break the desire of the stomach, is to prevent it from becoming full. In other words, maintaining a state of hunger.

10 Benefits of Hunger

Hunger has ten benefits:

1-     Purifies the Heart

Hunger purifies the heart and its spiritual perception.

2-     Softens the Heart

It softens the heart and renders it more receptive to divine grace.

3-     Humbleness

It humbles the ego.

4-     Feeling the Poor

It reminds one of the sufferings of the poor

5-     Controlling Desires

It weakens passion and enables one to control their desires, which is the greatest benefit.

6-     Fighting Laziness

It reduces the need for sleep. A full stomach leads to laziness.

7-     Saving Time

It frees up time that otherwise what have ever been spent in preparing and eating food.

8-     Health and Fitness

It has health benefits. Many deceases stem from overeating.

9-     Money

It saves money.

10-   Generosity

It makes one more generous...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/10-benefits-of-hunger-the-fifth-is-the-greatest-benefit/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 June 2018 at 6:08am
Isn’t it Time? A Story of Repentance

Al-Fudayl ibn Iyad was a Muslim who nevertheless made his living by robbing caravans between Syria and Khorasan (Persia). At the same time, he was in love with a woman with whom he often had illegal sexual intercourse.

The story goes that one day Al-Fudayl was climbing a wall, either to meet the woman or to watch a caravan and plan a robbery when he heard verse 16 of chapter 57 being recited.

It was as if God was speaking directly to him and asking “isn’t it about time Al-Fudayl that you repented from your many sins?” His heart was not so hardened that the recitation of the Quran could not affect him.

The Quran penetrated his heart, and he immediately reformed and repented.  After seeking knowledge in Iraq he moved to Makkah...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 June 2018 at 6:16am
Me-Time is Time For Allah

We often feel overwhelmed by all the tasks we face in our everyday life; whether as employees, mothers, fathers, homemakers. We often wish for some time for ourselves, time to relax, time off. Some me-time.

However, once we have that me-time, we do not come out as refreshed as we had wished or expected. Why?

One on One With Allah

As Muslims who want to draw nearer to our beloved Allah, we should try and transform every moment of me-time in time with and for Allah.

Our me-time should be time when we are one on one with Allah. Only us and Allah. Because it is in this special me-time with Allah that we can really, fully draw new strength and recharge our spiritual battery.

We will gain energy for our worldly life and insha’Allah be more content and relaxed in our undertakings. We will receive light that guides us through the day. Light that illuminates the darkness of difficult times. And we will insha’Allah prepare for our time in the next world...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/me-time-is-time-for-allah/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2018 at 4:00am
Take Time to Ponder on God’s Names and Attributes

God does want us to ponder and wonder about His names and attributes. We need to feel closer to God and we want to worship Him in the manner that He has prescribed for us, thus, God has asked us to call on Him by the names and attributes He has revealed to us.

Knowing God teaches us to love and fear Him. If we offer Him all our hopes, dreams and desires, we become sincere in all our actions.

There is no better way to know God than by pondering and understanding His Names and Attributes. When we think about the many aspects of God, we are able to see that He is the All Powerful, the One in whom all Power resides...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/take-time-ponder-gods-names-attributes/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 July 2018 at 3:06am
How to Use Tawakkul (Trust in Allah) to Relieve Our Anxieties and Worries

Tawakkul refers to putting your trust in Allah – to believe that He alone can ward off the harms of this world, provide you blessings and sustenance, and to ease your challenges.

It is also about accepting the results that He decides regardless of how they may turn out to be.

To understand the concept of Tawakkul, consider how tense and worried you get at times about the challenges of this worldly life...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/how-to-use-tawakkul-in-relieving-our-anxieties-and-worries/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 July 2018 at 7:14am
Positivity is an Act of Resistance - 3 Inspiring Stories

As we see from these stories, remaining positive is an active mental exercise. This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t experience pain and sadness. Quite the opposite. These are normal human emotions that must not be ignored.

But sadness and pain must be given their proper place and not allowed to go to the excess of despair and bitterness.

Remaining positive means changing the dialogue in our minds when Satan starts to whisper to us to give up. It means reminding ourselves to have hope, to be patient, to trust God – to resist the whispers of Satan with positivity.

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/positivity-is-an-act-of-resistance-3-inspiring-stories/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 July 2018 at 6:18am
The Woman who Founded the Rites of Hajj

The days of Hajj are a remembrance of great events- The rites of our pilgrimage have their roots deep in the history of God’s noble Prophets from the time of Abraham to the time of Muhammad (peace be upon them all).

Our Hajj, as a consequence, affirms in our hearts the strong connection that exists between all of the Prophets while reminding us of the great sacrifices they all had made for the guidance of the world’s people.

We see this clearly in the story of Abraham and Hajar, which we find narrated in Sahih Al-Bukhari.

Abraham (peace be upon him) set off with his wife Hajar and newborn son on a long journey. They arrived at Makkah. Hajar looked around her. She could see nothing but a barren wasteland in all directions. There was no life. The silence was unbearable.

In the distance, the land met the sky without any movement breaking the terrain anywhere. This alien landscape grew even stranger in Hajar’s eyes as she recalled that her husband Abraham was intending to leave her here, without a doubt, and return to his people.

Hajar’s mind was beset with all kinds of thoughts: What was she getting herself into?

How can she survive among these sharp crags?

How will she bear the impenetrable darkness of the night?

This was certain death. What husband would leave his wife and child to die in the desert? ...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/the-woman-who-founded-the-rites-of-hajj/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 July 2018 at 6:13am
The Wealthy Companion – How Uthman Converted to Islam

Uthman accepted Islam easily partly because of the dreamlike vision he had experienced whilst on a journey home from Syria.

While trying to fall asleep Uthman had heard a voice calling out, “O sleepers arise because Ahmad has emerged in Mecca” it said.

Until his return he had heard nothing about the new religion.

Uthman contacted Abu Bakr who told him that he had taken an oath of allegiance to Prophet Muhammad and had accepted the new religion. He then took Uthman to see Prophet Muhammad.

Uthman listened to the account of Prophet Muhammad’s experiences and the circumstances under which his prophethood was revealed. He immediately accepted Islam and then moved very easily into Prophet Muhammad’s inner circle...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2018 at 5:41am
Q&A: How Can I Describe Hajj to Non-Muslims?

Hajj is the fifth pillar of Islam.

Muslims who are physically and financially capable of doing Hajj should do it once in their lifetimes.

They perform the core rituals of Hajj in Makkah, Mena and Arafah over a duration of five days.

They learn unity, equality, universality, unity of purpose, togetherness, selflessness, humbleness, and sharing.

The Hajj also connects the present with the past and the future. Pilgrims do hajj following the footsteps of prophets Muhammad, Abraham, and Ismail (peace be on them).

It is a spiritual journey that reminds pilgrims of the Day of Judgement, a simulation of the great gathering of all people after resurrection.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 July 2018 at 5:48am
7 Are Safe on the Day of Judgment – Are You One of Them?

1. A Just Ruler

The concept of Justice in Islam is very important and it is something which the Muslim—the ruler and the ruled—must apply in all matters without exception.

Justice means to give each the right he deserves: Muslim or non-Muslim, relative or stranger, friend or enemy. Allah says:

[…] do not let hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness […] (5:8)

Unfortunately, even if we admit this in theory, we quickly forget it in practice. So we find that when we speak about our friends and loved ones, we praise them beyond reason and when we speak about those whom we hold difference with, we can find no good in them and we capitalize on their bad points.

This is far removed from the justice which Allah loves and gives great reward for, as mentioned in the following hadith:

The doers of justice will be on thrones of light at Allah’s Right Hand – and both of Allah’s Hands are Right Hands. (Muslim)

They are those who were just in their ruling, with their families and in all that over which they were given authority.

2. A Youth who Grew up in the Worship of Allah

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2018 at 5:14am
Imam Al Ghazali on the Secrets of the Spiritual Heart (animation)

(5 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 103 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version