Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 102 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 November 2018 at 7:37am
4 Spiritual Tools to Battle Anxiety and Stress

Most of us are in a state of heightened and sustained stressed and anxious, and at our capacity to bear all of it.

So how can we, as Muslims cope? What can be done when the reality (beyond marketing ploys to part us from our money, encourage us tune into a certain news networks, or sell us a certain political stance) is that we live in a world where bad things happen, suffering exists, and we have to face these facts?

The amazing thing about Islam is that it affirms the harshness of reality and gives us comfort about it at the same time. It teaches us a balance between tying our camel–or facing problems head on– and trusting in Allah– or not obsessing over what we can’t control.

There are many, many ways to cope with the anxious and stress within the Islamic framework. Here are four that I have found work miracles in reducing stress and anxiety in my own life...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/4-spiritual-tools-to-battle-anxiety-and-stress/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 November 2018 at 3:47am
6 Facts Will Challenge Your Views On Muslim Women

(3 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 November 2018 at 2:45am
How to Achieve Tranquility of the Heart

The key to tranquility is to develop our relationship with Allah during that trouble. If we know Allah, no situation is too hopeless. No sadness is ever permanent.

We perceive trials as they are meant to be perceived – as tests of our trust in Allah, forcing us to put our knowledge into practice and bringing us closer to Him...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 November 2018 at 4:49am
How Much Should We Love the Prophet Muhammad?

The Prophet Muhammad was a teacher, guide, and leader.

He brought the message of the oneness of God that lives on among the Muslims today.

How can we cultivate the deep love for the Prophet Muhammad?

And how do we best show our love for him?

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/how-much-should-we-love-the-prophet/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 November 2018 at 3:14am
Translation of Prayer: What Are We Actually Praying?

It is pertinent for every Muslim to not just know the Arabic recitations of prayer, but to understand what it means as well. You cannot connect with Allah and be sincere in your prayer if you do not even know what it is that you are uttering in front of Him.

Here are the translations of the recitations carried out during prayer to help you establish a deeper bond with Allah

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2018 at 5:18am
Why Do Muslims End Prayers with “Ameen”?

Similarities Between Faiths

Muslims, Jews, and Christians have many similarities in the way they pray, among them the use of the phrase “amen” or “ameen” to end prayers or to punctuate key phrases in important prayers.

For Christians, the closing word is “amen,” which they traditional take to mean “so be it.”

For Muslims, the closing word is quite similar, though with a slightly different pronunciation.

Where did the word “amen”/ “ameen” come from?  And what does it mean?

Ameen, also pronounced ahmen, aymen, amen or amin, is a word which is used in Judaism, Christianity and Islam to express agreement with God’s truth. It is believed to have originated from an ancient Semitic word consisting of three consonants: A-M-N. In both Hebrew and Arabic, this root word means truthful, firm and faithful. Common English translations include “verily,” “truly,” “it is so,” or “I affirm God’s truth.”

This word is commonly used in Islam, Judaism, and Christianity as an ending word for prayers and hymns. When saying “amen,” worshipers confirm their belief in God’s word. It is a way for believers to offer their words of acknowledgment and agreement up to the Almighty, with humility and hope that God hears and answers their prayers.

The Use of “Ameen” in Islam

In Islam, the pronunciation “ameen” is recited during daily prayers at the end of each reading of Surah Al-Fatihah. It is also said during personal supplications (du’a), often repeated after each phrase of prayer...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/why-do-muslims-end-prayers-with-ameen/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 December 2018 at 2:52am
How the Fear of Death Helped Me to Live

At the age of 34, you never expect that you will find yourself sitting in front of a doctor asking if you are going to die. Certainly not with a 16 week old baby on your lap.

Yet, there I was.

The kindly doctor had just told me that I had breast cancer and that it was bad.

“Am I going to die?” I asked.

“Not today or tomorrow,” she answered...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/how-the-fear-of-death-helped-me-to-live/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2018 at 5:24am
If Life is a Prison, Where Is Your Paradise?

It was one of the first hadith I read.

This world is a prison for the believers and a paradise for the disbelievers (Muslim).

I had a hard time wrapping my mind around it. I thought, “does that mean that life for me will be like a prison now that I am a Muslim? Will I be restricted so much as to feel like a prisoner?”

Sadly, without having the correct understanding of the hadith, it soured me on Islam and wrought havoc on my new iman. I looked around and saw, that yes, those who didn’t choose to believe were living pretty good lives, doing whatever their desires directed them to do.

No one voluntarily wants to be a prisoner anywhere. But here I was, according to the hadith, trying to be a prisoner in this life as a Muslim. It was counter-intuitive, I thought. So I began to think about what it means to be a prisoner.

Being a prisoner you are kept from two things you love the most:

1- Your home, where there is rest and comfort,

2- Your loved ones who give you joy and fulfillment.

So how did this relate to the hadith? ...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/if-life-is-a-prison-where-is-your-paradise/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 December 2018 at 2:38am
As a Page in History Turns, Time to Reflect

The life of this world is temporary, yet very dynamic. Time is of essence. As actions and events happen in the here and now, no one really knows for certain how they will impact the future.

Yet, it is a fact that, the world as it exists today is, by and large, a product of the past. The thoughts, writings, systems… undertaken by peoples of the past, have contributed towards making the world what it is today.

Time has been used  to record pages in history, and is therefore, a crucial factor in laying down the records of events that happen in and around the world. Because what is happening today, will be the fodder for much thought, reflection, and change for the human beings of tomorrow, who are not even born yet.

Review, Self-Critique and Evaluation

We are standing, once again, at the threshold of another page in history, as it is about to turn. A year is ending, and a new one is beginning. For many people around the world, the turn of the new year is a time to celebrate. They want to party and commemorate the prospect of being at the door of a new vista of blessings, opportunities, hopes, aspirations, and dreams. A new page in the book of life.

Not so much so for the repentant and wise Muslim, though, for whom it is more a time of reflection, self-critique, analysis, and planning for the future. ..

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:22am
4 Reasons Why Forgiveness is Good for Your Soul

Forgiving someone who has hurt or wronged us can be one of the most difficult things we do in life. There are definitely benefits to forgiving others, though, and many of these are internal.

As Muslims, we believe the “internal” refers not only to our mental health, but our spiritual state as well. Here are four ways in which forgiveness can be good for a person’s soul...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/4-reasons-why-forgiveness-is-good-for-your-soul/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:04am
That is How Allah Wants Us to Care

A few days ago, I attended my first funeral prayer in a mosque. It was conducted right after the mid-day prayer. The dead person was brought into the mosque in a coffin and placed in front of the imam.

It was a strange feeling to know that we stood there to pray over our fellow Muslim sister. Before that she would stand with us to bow down to Allah, now she was there in the coffin placed in front of us.

And I had to remember a slogan I once read: ‘Pray to your Lord, before people pray over you.’

But there was something else that made me reflect deeply of what our Lord wants from us. He wants us to care for our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 January 2019 at 2:24am
4 Things Will Clear Your Confusion About Divine Decree

he sixth and last article of Islamic faith is belief in divine decree which means that everything good or bad, all moments of happiness or sorrow, pleasure or pain, come from God.

1- God’s Foreknowledge is Infallible 

God is not indifferent to this world or its people.  He is Wise and Loving, but this should not make us fatalists, throwing up our hands and saying, ‘what’s the point of making any effort?’

God’s foreknowledge does not compromise human responsibility. God holds us accountable for what we can do, what is within our capability, but  He does not hold us accountable for things we cannot do.  He is Just and, as He has given us only limited responsibility, judges us accordingly.

We should think, plan and make the right choices, but, if sometimes things do not turn out the way we want, we need not lose hope or get depressed.  We should pray to God and try again.  If in the end we still do not achieve what we wanted, we should know we have tried our best and are not responsible for the results.

God knows what the creatures will do, encompassing everything by His knowledge.  He knows all that exists, in entirety and totality, by virtue of His eternal foreknowledge...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/4-things-will-clear-your-confusion-about-divine-decree/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 January 2019 at 2:36am
Jesus Did Not Die, Here is What Really Happened

The idea of Jesus dying on the cross is central to the Christian belief.  It represents the conviction that Jesus died for the sins of mankind.  The crucifixion of Jesus is a vital doctrine in Christianity; however Muslims reject it completely.

Original Sin?

Before describing what Muslims believe about Jesus’ crucifixion, it may be useful to understand the Islamic reaction to the notion of original sin.

When Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden tree in paradise, they were not tempted by a serpent.  It was Satan who deceived and cajoled them, whereupon they exercised their free will and made an error in judgement.

Eve does not bear the burden of this mistake alone.  Together, Adam and Eve realized their disobedience, felt remorse and begged for God’s forgiveness.  God, in his infinite mercy and wisdom, forgave them.  Islam has no concept of original sin; each person bears responsibility for his own deeds.

And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden. (Quran 35:18)

There is no need for God, a son of God, or even a Prophet of God to sacrifice himself for mankind’s sins in order to buy forgiveness. Islam refuses this view entirely...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/jesus-did-not-die-here-is-what-really-happened/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 January 2019 at 3:17am
10 Easy Acts For Attaining the Highest Ranks in Paradise

Every Muslim should do everything in their power to attain the pleasure of Allah and to work towards attaining the highest ranks in Jannah. But only the righteous deeds in this world can pave the way for an eternal life in Paradise.

This article highlights ten easy ways through which every Muslim can attain the pleasure of Allah and in turn, book their ticket to Paradise, God willing.

1- Believe and Do Righteous Deeds

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 102 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version