Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 103 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 January 2019 at 2:29am
Modern Stress and its Cure from the Quran

in Islam, we do not have the concept of the ownership of goods and life. Everything belongs to God and returns to Him. So if we don’t own a thing, why do we mourn our loss?

Our destiny is predetermined. We do not have control on that part. What we have to control over is a limited free will, that is our actions, our choice to do good or bad, to believe in God or not to believe in Him, but we have no control over tomorrow’s event not related to our actions, i.e. whether my wife will have a son or daughter, whether his/her eyes will be brown or black, or whether I will have an accident or not tomorrow. Worrying over such things is of no use.

Rejection of faith in the Quran is a disease. This denial of truth is due to arrogance:..

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/modern-stress-and-its-cure-from-the-quran/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 January 2019 at 2:28am
Story of the Prophet Muhammad’s Son-in-Law, Uthman

Uthman ibn Affan  was a man so loved by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) that he was called the possessor of two lights.  Uthman was married to Prophet Muhammad’s daughter Ruqayyah. When she died, he married Muhammad’s other daughter, Umm Kulthum, thus possessing the two lights.

The Elected Leader

He was appointed Caliph through a process of consultation and careful deliberation.  On his deathbed, Omar ibn Al Khattab appointed a council of six men to choose a new leader...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/story-of-the-prophet-muhammads-son-law-uthman/

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 19 January 2019 at 3:43am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2019 at 3:44am
Allah Hears Your Dua – He is Very Near

In verse number 186 of chapter Al-Baqarah Allah says:

[O Muhammad]! When my worshipers asked you about me tell them that I am very near.

If you feel the closeness of Allah, you achieve peace. It protects you from evil, it gives you the hope, it makes you the person who is looking forward to worshiping Allah, who is looking forward to seeking forgiveness.

Any problem you have, who do you call out to first? Allah...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/allah-hears-your-dua-he-is-very-near/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 January 2019 at 3:17am
Prophet Muhammad, Lady Khadijah & the Start of the Quranic Revelation

Prophet Muhammad’s (peace be upon him) marriage to Lady Khadijah was a happy marriage that lasted for 25 years. When they married, he was 25 years old and she was 40, though some reports suggest she was younger than 40 – perhaps 35 years old.

Muhammad and Khadijah loved each other greatly, and their marriage was a source of peace and contentment for them both.

They had four children together: Zainab, Ruqayyah, Umm Kalthoum, and Fatimah. They also had two male children, Al-Qasim and Abdullah, who both died as infants.

During the first 15 years of their marriage, Muhammad’s status and reputation grew year after year and by the age of 40 he was known in Makkah as “the truthful, the trustworthy.”

At the age of 35, he gave a wise judgment that prevented war breaking out among the tribes of Makkah. At that time, these tribes had joined hands to rebuild the Ka’bah, but when the time came to put the black stone back in its place, they differed and were about to fight to have this honor.

Before fighting broke out, they agreed on arbitration to be decided by the first person to enter the Ka’bah area. And it so happened that this person was none other than Muhammad.

And he provided them with a genius solution, as explained by Ibn Kathir:

[… The Prophet] asked them to bring a garment and place it on the ground. He placed the Black Stone on it. He then requested that each of the leaders of the Quraysh hold the garment from one side and all participate in lifting the Black Stone, moving it to its designated area. […]. (Tafsir ibn Kathir)

Searching for God and the Start of the Revelation

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had been searching for God for many years. He would sometimes go into seclusion in the Cave of Hira’ in Makkah, which oversees the Ka’bah. He would take enough food and supplies to spend several days worshiping, reflecting and contemplating.

When he was 40 years old, he started seeing visions which would come true as daylight. He continued seeing these visions for six months and spent more time in seclusion until the Truth descended upon him suddenly one night while he was in the cave of Hira’.

An angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied:

I do not know how to read.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2019 at 2:43am
The Sunnah of Optimism

The Day I Woke Up With a Brimming Glass: Welcome the New Optimistic Me

Imagine you decide to wake up with a different mentality. You reach the conviction that enough is enough: pessimism is not doing you any good.

You come to the decision that the glass is neither half empty nor half full. It is actually brimming over. And it has been doing so for ages, but you never noticed as you were so busy looking at the half empty one.

Allah Almighty gives us the glad tidings (interpretation of meaning):

For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease. (Quran 94:5)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) gives us the absolute cure to depression:

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2019 at 2:25am
Women in Islam

The Two White Muslims are joined by Amarah to discuss the role of Women in Islam

(5 minutes)

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 26 January 2019 at 6:42am
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2019 at 2:24am
10 Principles for Those Seeking the Path of God

Principle 1: Have a Sincere, Unwavering Intention

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

Each person will be rewarded for what he intended” (Muslim).

This calls for determination in the heart to continuously act or to abstain from something only for God’s sake.

A sign of having sincere intentions is that one does not change his resolve for fleeting reasons; what is done for God, the Truth, should not be forsaken to please His creation...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/10-principles-seeking-path-god/

[/QUOTE]
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 04 February 2019 at 6:15am
Who is Muhammad? (Introduction)

The Two White Muslims discuss the Prophet Muhammad (May the peace blessings and mercy of God be with him)

(4 minutes)

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 05 February 2019 at 4:08am
Women in Islam

Introduction & Status of Muslim Women in the UK

(5 minutes)

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 06 February 2019 at 3:16am
Waraqa, Angel Gabriel & The First Converts to Islam

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was very shaken by his first meeting with Angel Gabriel in the cave outside Makkah.

He was concerned about what had happened and afraid for his own wellbeing.

Lady Khadijah did her best to calm him down, as mentioned in Part 1. To reassure him further, she took him to meet her elder cousin, Waraqa ibn Naufal, who was a man of religious knowledge.

Waraqa was known as one of the four hunafaa’ (followers of the teachings of Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him) who rejected the idolatrous practices of the tribes of Makkah and Arabia.

He had become a Nazirite and used to write using the Hebrew alphabet. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. When he met Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), he was an old man and had lost his eyesight.

When Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) told him what had happened in the cave, Waraqa immediately recognized the angel as being the same angel who had come to Prophet Moses (peace be upon him)...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2019 at 3:46am
What Really Makes Women Convert to Islam?

About five thousand British people convert to Islam every year, and most of them are women.

A British newspaper called The Guardian featured a story about six women who converted to Islam.

They share personal reflections on why they converted, and what challenges they faced...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/my-journey-to-islam/what-really-makes-women-convert-to-islam/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2019 at 5:07am
A Special Love: When God is in the Heart of Your Relationship

I have heard about “love for the sake of Allah” for many years, but it was always a vague concept to me.

There are khutbahs and lectures that I have attended where the speaker mentioned love for the sake of Allah, but I did not understand the phrase.

I have also heard people say it to one another in religious and “practicing” circles. They say, “I love you/him/her for the sake of Allah.” But what exactly does that mean?

Let’s go back to the basics for a bit…

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2019 at 5:08am
How Can We Be Sure That the Quran is Authentic?

he Qur’an is the greatest of all scriptures.  Through it, God speaks to humankind.  He shows us His mercy, His love, His justice, and His wisdom. The Quran is guidance, and a comfort to the heart.  It is a most important book indeed. How can we be sure that God’s words have not be changed or lost?  How can we be sure that the Quran we hold in our hands today is authentic?

Muslims have no doubt that Qur’an is exactly the same today as it was more than 1400 years ago when it was first revealed to Prophet Muhammad.  The authenticity of Qur’an is  established in several ways.  The most important way we can be sure that the Quran is authentic is the fact that when God revealed the Qur’an, He promised to preserve it...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/how-can-we-be-sure-that-the-quran-is-authentic/

<< Prev Page  of 103 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version