Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 104 Next >>
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 28 February 2019 at 4:54am
How Can We Forgive Like Prophet Muhammad

It is well-known that Prophet Muhammad was a very caring husband and family man. He overlooked many mistakes of his family members. Nevertheless, when the situation required expiation or compensation, he ensured that it was given.

In one incident, the father of the Prophet’s wife scolded her for her anger towards the Prophet. Instead of letting her father rebuke/reprimand her, the Prophet himself shielded her from him. This indicates that he forgave the behavior of his wife that even her father found blameworthy. (Sunan Abu Dawud)

In another incident, one of the Prophet’s wives struck and broke the bowl of food sent to him by her co-wife. This was done in anger. He picked up the pieces of food himself, then ordered her to compensate the other wife with one of her own bowls. (Sunan Al-Nisai)

This indicates that he personally forgave and overlooked his family’s less-than-perfect behavior. However, when expiation or compensation for their actions was due, he extracted it with justice...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/how-can-we-forgive-like-prophet-muhammad-pbuh/

Edited by Win-Win - 01 March 2019 at 3:26am
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 01 March 2019 at 3:31am
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2019 at 4:54am
6 Facts Will Challenge Your Views on Women in Islam

As an 18 year old, non-Muslim American, the first time I met a raised-Muslim woman, I came face to face with misconceptions I held about women in Islam and Muslims … literally.

I looked into the gorgeous eyes of an Indian Muslim woman who could only be described as the inspiration for Jasmine from Aladdin.

I watched her kind manners, listened to her intelligent conversation and boisterous fervor for life, and decided that this woman couldn’t be like all the rest or “them”. She couldn’t be like all those sad submissive and oppressed  women from “that” part of the world.

How could she?
As I got to know this mysterious woman, who I thought had defied all the traditions of her religion and culture, I came to realize this idea of her was a part of my own misconceptions, and all the myths I had held to be true about Islam’s view and treatment of women began to fall away one by one.

She was so self-possessed and gracious. She even had impeccable style all while wearing “that thing on her head”...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/6-facts-will-challenge-your-views-on-women-in-islam/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 07 March 2019 at 5:04am
Why Do We Fast?

"O you who believe, the fasts have been enjoined upon you as they were enjoined upon those before you, so that you may attain a mindfulness of God" (2:183)

Fasting — or any other regularly enjoyed, good gift from God — for the sake of some spiritual purpose is markedly counter-cultural in our consumerist society.

We fast in this life because we believe in the life to come. We don’t have to get it all here and now, because we have a promise that we will have it all in the coming age.

We fast from what we can see and taste, because we have tasted and seen the goodness of the invisible and infinite Lord — and are desperately hungry for more of Him (May He Be Exalted).

Listen with your heart as Shaykh Mokhtar Magharoui distills ancient wisdom to re-ignite your Ramadan and your spiritual life.

(41 minutes)

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 09 March 2019 at 4:44am
The Muslim Daily Prayers: Why 5 Prescribed Times?

The five daily prayers are of such significance and merit to the life of a human that Allah (the Wise and Knowing) has distributed them throughout the day in a unique pattern at different times, from sunrise to nighttime. In order, they are:

Fajr (Dawn) Prayer

Dhuhr (Noon) Prayer

Asr (Afternoon) Prayer

Maghrib (Sunset) Prayer

Isha’ (Night) Prayer.

Why Five Times?

This way, remembrance of Allah (the Sublime and Majestic) is not restricted to just one time of the day or night; rather, praying at set times during the day maintains a continuous connection to and dependence upon Allah, keeping us constantly aware of our Creator and never oblivious to Him...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/the-muslim-daily-prayers-why-5-prescribed-times/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2019 at 12:01pm

The Beauty of Islam Changed My Life

Like many who have come before me and many who will come after me, I have felt a dramatic shift in my life when I came to Islam.

Many describe this as a lifting of fog. Some have said that it feels like a weight being removed from their shoulders.

For me, it was as if I had been seeing life through smudged glasses. Everything was blurry. I often walked right into traps and walked away from goodness for the simple fact that I could not see clearly...

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2019 at 11:55am

How Do Muslims View Death Sh Omar Suleiman

(4 mins)
La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 15 March 2019 at 6:22am
Serenity is a Light From God

Serenity is a light from Allah and a relief to which resorts the fearful, in which the anxious finds comfort.

It entertains the depressed, appeases the tired, strengthens the weak and guides the confused one.

This serenity is a window that Allah opens upon Paradise to the believers among His servants, a window from which the heavenly breeze blows, the light shines, and the fragrance emerges. It’s a foretaste of what the believers offered as good deeds, and a preview of what is awaiting them as pleasures and delights.

In this worldly life is a paradise, which if one doesn’t enter, he won’t get into the eternal Paradise. It is the Paradise of the proximity to Allah, and serenity comes along with that same proximity...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 17 March 2019 at 5:42am
4 Things Make a Good Person

The pinnacle of goodness is accepting the oneness of Allah, believing in His prophets, His angels, His Divine books and His decrees, either good or bad. Then this is followed up with practical actions of worship and being merciful to those around you and to the environment that you live in.

Below we take a look at few other things that make a person ‘good’.

1. Being Generous

After the belief in Allah and the performance of the tasks of worship as prescribed in Islam, being generous to Allah’s creatures on earth is the next most sacred form of worship.

A good Muslim ought to be kind-hearted and compassionate towards all of Allah’s creatures on earth. Treating your fellow human beings with dignity and respect, offering them financial and moral help whenever possible, protecting animals and the environment, eating up or using the bounties that Allah has availed His creation only when necessary, are all acts of goodness.

A good Muslim does not harm the people around him. He does not unnecessarily kill the animals around him nor does he destroy his environment. These are all acts of generosity and are rewarded by Allah if done for His sake.

2. Kindness to Others

Kindness to one’s parents, his spouse(s) and children, and to the people he knows and even to those he doesn’t know, is highly recommended for every Muslim. It is a manifestation of goodness when one is kind...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 18 March 2019 at 11:48am
Kindness and Compassion in Dealing with Others

We as Muslims, and indeed as human beings, are not asked to never feel emotions. But we are asked to be in control of ourselves despite what our emotions tell us to do. We are taught that our emotions can lead to bad actions that can not only hurt us, but also hurt those around us.

Islam guides us to understand that the way we deal with others is of the utmost importance, because everything we do should be for the sake of Allah. Our lives, including our treatment of others, should be an act of worship.

Danielle LoDuca, Muslim convert and blogger at YourAmericanMuslimNeighbor.com says:

“Islam taught me that I should be kind, patient and merciful towards others, even when they are harsh or unjust towards me.” She is an example of showing kindness despite the inner hulk we all wrestle with...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/inner-peace/kindness-and-compassion-in-dealing-with-others/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 19 March 2019 at 9:34am
5 Reasons Why Allah Tests us with Hardship

There are a number of reasons why God allows hardship and adversity to befall the human.

Even the genuine believers experience hardship and adversity at some stage in their lives in accordance to God’s wisdom and God’s plan:

1- Test of Faith

It is God’s design to put the human through hardship and adversity so as to test their faith and their resolve and trust in God:

{Do the people think that they will be left to say, “We believe,” without being put to the test?} (Quran 29:2)

{We have tested those before them, for God must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.} (29:3)...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 23 March 2019 at 6:10am
5 Practical Steps to Understand the Quran

I wrote an article about my journey to understanding the Quran. It was a process of years and a lot of reading, attending lectures, and studying complementary texts and a foreign language. And that journey is not even close to being over.

It was an intensive path and continues to be, so much so that it has become a career. But I get it. Not everyone has time for that. However, that doesn’t mean that if you don’t make understanding the Quran your career, you won’t be able to engage with the Quran in a meaningful way.

Even if you are a new Muslim who has never picked up the Quran or a non-Muslim who doesn’t read even a letter of Arabic, you can and should engage with the Quran. What follows are some simple steps anyone can take toward understanding the Quran...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 24 March 2019 at 6:46am
Prophet Muhammad Attacked in Makkah

As a new convert to Islam, what should you do if you find yourself in a hostile environment being targeted and attacked with abuse for being visibly Muslim (for example, wearing hijab or having a beard)?

In this situation, the sense of injustice you feel is likely to be very strong. This is a perfectly natural feeling.

But patience is the key to dealing with abuse and coping with injustice.

Whatever you do, don’t allow yourself to give in to feelings of regret and self-pity. As we mentioned in Part 4, the early converts to Islam went through extreme hardships, but with a strong faith they were able to overcome intimidation and injustice...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/prophet-muhammad-attacked-makkah/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2019 at 5:03am
The Best of All Relationships – The Handhold That Never Breaks

He (SWT) tells us that if we go to Him walking, He will come to us running. In my human relationships, I feel like I am often the one running after others while they walk away from me.

Bonding with the Divine

To be honest, this is a big part of what keeps me practicing Islam to the best of my ability. It’s not always easy getting out of bed for fajr or going out with my hijab on. My faith and belief in the Afterlife keeps me doing these things, but there is also a significant part of me that just wants to do it all for my Creator...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/best-relationships-handhold-never-breaks/

<< Prev Page  of 104 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version