Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 103 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 January 2017 at 1:32am

Imam al-Ghazali on the 3 Secrets of Charity

What are the secrets of charity according to Imam Al-Ghazali?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXnSJkmXGvA

(1 minute)
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:14am

What Does it Mean to Fear God?

The Arabic word for the “fear of God” is taqwa

It comes from the root word meaning “to protect from something, to prevent”. 

Indeed, a person exhibits the fear of God by seeking to prevent God’s punishment by carrying out what God has commanded of him and abstaining from what God has prohibited him.

God had called upon all people in every era to fear Him.

{And We had enjoined upon those who were given the Scripture before – as well as yourselves – to fear God.} (Quran 4:131)

It is God’s right over His servants that they fear Him as He ought to be feared...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/what-does-it-mean-to-fear-god/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2017 at 5:34am

How were the Quran’s Verses and Chapters Arranged?

The present arrangement of the Quran is not the work of later generations, but was made by the Prophet (peace be upon him) under God’s directions.

Whenever a chapter was revealed, the Prophet (peace be upon him) summoned his scribes, to whom he carefully dictated its contents, and instructed them where to place it in relation to the other chapters.

The Prophet Muhammad followed the same order of chapters and verses when reciting during ritual Prayer as on other occasions, and his companions followed the same practice in memorizing the Quran...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/how-were-the-qurans-verses-and-chapters-arranged/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 January 2017 at 5:26am

The Objectives of Fasting Reflections on The Meaning

Ramadan has been considered by many Muslims to be the month of fasting, because we need to share the suffering of the poor. It is a month of good deeds and an occasion for family gatherings and the serenity of night prayer.

Yet, Ramadan is part of the wider rituals of Islam, it can not be understood without looking at it from the wider vision of the relationship between the Muslim and the universe, its body and nature, its spirit and the Ghayb (divine secret).

Al-Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation (The Centre for the Study of the Philosophy of Islamic Law ‘Maqasid al-Shariah’) presents a public lecture entitled:

The Objectives Of Fasting: Reflections On The Meaning
by Professor Heba Raouf Ezzat

Lecturer of Political Theory at the Political Science Department - Cairo University and Visiting Fellow at The London School of Economics.

The lecture was held on Friday 12th June 2015, at Al-Furqan Islamic Heritage Foundation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5ZPAjQd5w

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2017 at 4:16am

3 Best Times for Asking Allah’s Forgiveness

It is Allah’s favor upon His servants that He is Generous, Oft-Forgiving, Most Kind, and accepts our repentance.

He forgives of our sins whatever He wishes, and pardons all of our faults and transgressions if we truly repent for them and desist.

One of the greatest acts of devotion that Allah has prescribed for us is to ask Him for forgiveness...

http://www.aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/3-best-times-for-asking-allahs-forgiveness/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 February 2017 at 4:56am

The Muslim Leader Who Protected Christians

Amongst those people was the French consul, the people that had taken his country from him and he fought them over 20 years from 1832 to 1850. He defended that consul even though he knew he was French. He was so overwhelmed that he wrote an article in a French newspaper that was translated. So he became well known.

Thackeray wrote a poem about him. He was mentioned in the European Parliament and then the Americans heard about him. There are three cities in America named after him.

President Grant was so overwhelmed by this act of magnanimity that he sent a horse and his two pistols to him as a gift. But Ameer Abdul Qadir Al-Jazairi told his followers that protecting these Christians is no lesser jihad… then what we were doing in Algeria when we were fighting the Christians to protect our country.

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/muslim-leader-protected-christians/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2017 at 5:09am

The Ring Composition – Remarkable Structure of The Quran

The composition of the Qur’an is one of the many reasons why Muslims believe that the Quran could have only come from Allah (SWT) Himself.

There is something known as the ring composition to demonstrate this Surat Al-Baqarah is analysed.

The entire chapter can be divided into 9 sections based on themes.

Check this FASCINATING video to understand more about the remarkable structure of the Quran!

http://aboutislam.net/multimedia/videos/ring-composition-remarkable-structure-quran/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2017 at 3:17am

One Du’a (Supplication) Grants You All These!

Prophet Noah (peace be upon him) says in the Quran:

{I told my people ‘say Astaghfirullah, turn to Allah, ask Allah for forgiveness.}

See the same statement we are saying today. What is the model of today’s message: “Astaghfirullah”.

Seek Allah’s forgiveness, that is the model. So he told his people the same thing and then he explained to them why he’s saying that.

Why am I saying “Say Astaghfirullah”?

1- Forgiveness

Because Allah is very forgiving. You see there is a difference between Ghafoor and Ghaffar. Ghafoor is one who is forgiving and Ghaffar is one who continues to forgive all the time.

Allah will continue to forgive you repeatedly again and again until the day you die, no matter how many times the sin is done, your duty is to keep on asking Allah’s forgiveness...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/one-dua-grants/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 February 2017 at 7:14am

The Life-Changing Power of Prayer

When I embraced Islam, my biggest challenge was learning to pray.

Of course I had “prayed” before, as a Christian, but in Islam prayer means more–it is a ritual of submission involving body and mind.

I wanted to pray, but like everything else, I didn’t know how to start, and so I spent my first 6 months after my shahadah not practicing at all...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/the-life-changing-power-of-prayer/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 February 2017 at 4:44am
The Mercy of Allah

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem.

I begin with the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

This is a phrase that we say every day, several times per day. However sometimes we forget how mighty a phrase it is and we forget that mercy is one of His attributes that we, as imperfect human beings, constantly rely upon Allah’s blessings.

Allah is the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful, His mercy encompasses all things, and is the source of all the compassion and mercy that exists. {My Mercy embraces all things…} (Quran 7:156)

In English the word mercy has several meanings including compassion, forgiveness, kindness, and tenderness. In Arabic, the term for mercy is rahmah; Ar-Rahman and Ar-Raheem, two of the most important names of Allah derive from this root word.

The Mercy of Allah is that ethereal quality that also embodies gentleness, care, consideration, love and forgiveness. When these qualities are observable in this world, they are a mere reflection of Allah’s mercy towards His creation...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/the-mercy-of-allah/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 March 2017 at 2:48am
The Rule of Wisdom

Reflections from Surat Al-Naml (The Ants) by sister Zainab Alwani from the Pearls of the Qur'an convention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWR0VBJbXcw

(44 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 March 2017 at 8:54am

How to Know Our Lord

To know Allah is to stand between His Hands, feeling He is what He is and you what you are.

You, with your bare reality, are undecorated, without any pretenses. And He, with His Sacred Self, is absolutely perfect, and free from any defect, want, or insufficiency.

You, as you really are: weak, poor, and imperfect. And He, as He really is: worthy of all exaltation and glorification.

Without a sense of gratitude, man can easily slip into pride and false feelings of adequacy and self-sufficiency, and ultimately independence from Allah. A belief that man is the source of his own sufficiency! That man is his own provider! ...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/how-to-know-our-lord/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:37am
8 Different Types of the Heart

Sound Hearts

A heart might be sound and complete, or it may be spiritually contaminated as God says in the following verse of the Quran:

{…except he who comes before Allah with a sound heart.} (Ash-Shu’ara’ 26: 89)

As we can see, the verses of the Quran that describe the states of hearts, of both believers as well as non-believers, grant us a deep insight into the complexities and spiritual depths of the human soul.

The Quran exhorts the importance of constantly keeping a check on our hearts to ensure that they remain pure, free of vice, open and receptive to admonition, tranquil due to the remembrance of God, and free from diseases and the entrapping whispers of Satan...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/8-different-types-heart/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 March 2017 at 7:27am

We Repent for Sins Why should we do so for Worship?

As Muslims, we know to repent to Allah when we commit sins. We also know that Allah accepts our repentance when we turn to Him sincerely and with remorse for our errors.

It is interesting, though, to consider that the topic of repentance is brought up in the Quran in another context as well – in connection with our worship and spiritual devotion.

For example, Allah says:

{When the help of Allah and the victory comes, and you see the people entering Allah’s religion in crowds, then glorify the praises of your Lord and ask His forgiveness. Truly, He is the Accepter of Repentance.} (110: 1-3)

These verses stress the importance of repentance and of seeking Allah’s forgiveness, even at times when we are actively engaged in worship, or when we have just completed our prayers...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/we-repent-for-sins-why-should-we-do-so-for-worship/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 103 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version