Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 101 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 March 2017 at 12:04pm
How Well Do You Know the Prophet’s Rare Beginning?

... many people embrace Islam without really knowing Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Perhaps all they know is that he was born and lived in the Arabian Peninsula and received the literal word of God in the form of the Quran.

This article looks at the noble life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) with the aim to know him and love him a little more. We will achieve this by looking at the signs of Prophethood in his noble life...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/how-well-do-you-know-prophets-rare-beginning/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:02pm
Q&A: How to Deal with Doubts About The Acceptance of Deeds?

First of all, if that’s the type of thing that we’re getting doubts about and that’s actually a very good sign. That these are the types of things that we should be doubting.

There’s a whole bunch of things that people oftentimes people do doubt that they shouldn’t be doubting. And then there’s things that they’re certain about that they actually should be doubting.

And the acceptance of our deeds is something that we’re always going to remain in doubt about...

http://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/deal-doubts-acceptance-deeds/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 March 2017 at 6:39am
Man is Created to Love

Life is all about relationships. Man is created as a social being inclined towards knowing and forging bonds and friendships with others.

Hence, the Arabic word “insan”, which means “human being, person and man”, is derived from the verb “anisa” which means to be “affable”, “sociable” and “friendly”.

Moreover, man is created as Allah’s vicegerent on earth. As such, every animate and inanimate creation has been subjected to him and his services in order to facilitate the execution of his noble terrestrial mission...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/man-created-love/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2017 at 2:27am
11 Surprising Facts About Islam

This is a great video to share with your non-Muslim friends.

As we are all aware there is so much misunderstanding with regard to Islam and Muslims.

This video talks about 11 points of  Islam to educate many who are not aware of it.

http://www.aboutislam.net/multimedia/videos/11-surprising-facts-islam/

(6 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2017 at 3:29am
Women in Islam (Special Folder)

In today’s world, we are constantly bombarded with negative images of Islam. Because of this, one major misconception that many hold is that Islam oppresses women.

But what do we really know about the status of women in Islam? What are the rights Islam affords women? How did the Prophet treat women during life?

We have compiled this special folder to address these questions and more about women in Islam.

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/in-focus/women-islam-special-folder/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 April 2017 at 4:58pm
Don’t Let Sadness Overwhelm You

Welcome to “Amazed by the Quran”, a series in which I love sharing with you things I find amazing about the Quran.

Today, a small expression from the Quran that is an insight to depression and sadness. Allah Almighty says:

So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers. (Quran 3:139)

Don’t be weakened.

Wahan in Arabic is actually a feeling of not being able to exercise change. In other words, no matter what you do, things aren’t changing, things aren’t getting better… or your best attempts have failed and now you feel incapable of succeeding.

When that starts settling in like “Oh! My efforts have failed” or “I haven’t been able to accomplish”.

Then the next phase:

And then don’t be in a state of grief.

Sadness kicks in. you’ve become that bad, original paralysis, that original failure, it then leads you right into sadness.

So Allah Almighty doesn’t just say: “don’t be sad”. He actually went to the root cause. The root cause was some kind of failure, some kind of disappointment, that kind of wore you down and it started taking away your own confidence, your own belief that you can actually do better...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/dont-let-sadness-overwhelm/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2017 at 4:02am
8 Treasures of Wisdom from Moses and Al-Khidr

The Beauty of Knowledge

When I came to Islam what moved me deeply was the importance of knowledge in Islam. Islam is a treasure chest of wisdom totally relevant to the daily life you live. Yes, you! I found it amazingly beautiful that Allah made seeking knowledge (‘ilm) an obligation upon every Muslim. The Prophet said: 

The seeking of knowledge is obligatory for every Muslim. (At-Tirmidhi)

At a stage in my life I found myself in different situations all pushing me in one direction: Islam.

I was someone who had said: “I will never become a Muslim!”

Little did I know...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/8-treasures-wisdom-moses-al-khidr/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2017 at 4:17pm

4 Steps to Increase the Power of the Soul

Increasing the power of the soul has no limits.

If one is determined, uses one’s will properly and exhibits patience, then one can achieve an undreamed of depth of faith and moral virtue.

One can obtain a force and richness of soul one had never known or experienced before.

Having taken that decision, there are certain steps a person has to take in order to give depth to his soul, improve his moral values and enhance his character...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/4-steps-increase-power-soul/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2017 at 4:33am
Allah is Al-Barr – The Benevolent One

This name al-Barr “The Benevolent” is closely related to the Arabic word for piety, birr (with an i), which refers to every form of charity, generosity, and kindness that we as people can carry out.

The name al-Barr (with an a instead of i), however, is a name of Allah, and it conveys the meaning that everything in existence benefits from Allah’s generosity and goodness.

Indeed, Allah is both Merciful and Generous, rewarding the least of our good deeds with a tenfold reward. He never punishes a misdeed with anything more than its merit, and He often simply pardons it. Allah is the Giver of Good...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/allah-al-barr-benevolent-one/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 April 2017 at 9:18am
Allah Doesn’t Need Our Prayer – Why is it an Obligation?

It’s a profound moment. When you stand, face Makkah, and detach from existence by saying “Allah is greater”- greater than everything. The soul, mind, and body engage in a moment of transcendence known as salah, literally meaning a communication and connection.

The worshipper transcends all thoughts and feelings of this world and enters into a conversation with the Maker of the celestial worlds. The worshipper starts the conversation by acknowledging his Maker:

“In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

[All] praise is [due] to Allah, Lord of the worlds....

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/allah-doesnt-need-prayer-obligation/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 April 2017 at 4:39am
Who Gave the Name of Muslims? (Podcast)

He who has named you the Muslims before and in this scripture. (22:78)

This verse, or rather a portion of it, draws our attention to the name has been given as followers of this religion of submission is a divine gift that God Almighty who named us as Muslims.

And this name goes back before our own time and far before the time of Muhammad (peace be upon him).

He was sometimes described in the Quran as ‘the first of the Muslims’. But when the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was described as the first of Muslims, the first who submit doesn’t mean in a chronological sense because many before him were described as Muslims, most notably, the Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) and many who came after.

So the Prophet Muhammad is the first of the Muslims in the sense that he’s been the foremost of those who submit and the leader of all creation in submitting to the creator...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/who-gave-the-name-of-muslims/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:26pm
Allah’s Message to the Sinners

Satan often traps a man with two emotions: self-amazement and despair.

A righteous person can become self-amazed by his good deeds, lacking humility and gratitude to Allah. The self-amazement causes his actions to be rejected because they lack sincerity.

The other trap for the sinner is despair. Satan makes the sinner think that the sin is so great that they will never be forgiven. Utter despair. Ibn Mas’ud said:

“Destruction is in two: self-amazement and despair.”

No matter what the sin, the doors of forgiveness are open. Allah invites sinners to wipe away their sins and turn a new leaf by saying:

Surely, Allah forgives all sins. (Quran 39:53) ...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/allahs-message-sinners/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2017 at 5:54am
Is Loving God Enough to Earn Ticket to Paradise?

Is loving God enough to earn a person a ticket to Paradise?

A Christian may say “yes”, and a Muslim may also say “yes” and add that loving God is one of three elements necessary for entry to Paradise.

The other two are fear and hope.

All elements are interconnected and one by itself is not sufficient for a person to reach the ultimate goal of God consciousness which is the vessel that leads a believer to Paradise...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/is-loving-god-enough-to-earn-ticket-to-paradise/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2017 at 3:26am
My Mother My Treasure

Islam had taught me that my mother was the most important person in my life. The one most worthy of my respect, my care, my compassion and whose wishes are most deserving of my honor.

I understood this, but I found myself already on the other side of that huge divide. Trying to express my love across a chasm, my words were lost in the wind. Our relationship was like an untended garden overrun with weeds, and my attempts at repairing it only got tangled up in the mess.

When I decided to marry, my mom said he was a good match for my mind...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/my-mother-my-treasure/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 101 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version