Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 103 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2017 at 7:42am
The Wealthy Companion – How Uthman Converted to Islam

Prophet Muhammad gathered a small but loyal band of followers. Uthman ibn Affan was among a group of physically fit and successful men who were introduced to Islam by Abu Bakr, himself a wealthy and influential person.

Uthman accepted Islam easily partly because of the dreamlike vision he had experienced whilst on a journey home from Syria. While trying to fall asleep Uthman had heard a voice calling out, “O sleepers arise because Ahmad has emerged in Mecca” it said.

Until his return he had heard nothing about the new religion. Uthman contacted Abu Bakr who told him that he had taken an oath of allegiance to Prophet Muhammad and had accepted the new religion. He then took Uthman to see Prophet Muhammad...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/my-journey-to-islam/wealthy-companion-uthman-converted-islam/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:48am
Look With the Eye of Mercy

Ustadh Amjad reflects on the hadith of mercy, the mercy of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), and the mercy of the righteous.

He urges everyone to show mercy to all creation so that the All Merciful may show them His Mercy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxGhdfElQI

(13 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:18am
First 10 Days of Ramadan: A Shower of Mercy

Ramadan is known to be broken down into thirds. The first ten days of Ramadan are known as the “Ten Days of Mercy”.

Muslims are aware that Ramadan is a month of spiritual opportunities, but what does the “mercy” really mean to Muslims?
One of God’s names is Ar-Rahman, the Most Merciful, and Muslims call upon God using this name in nearly everything they do...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/first-ten-days-ramadan-shower-mercy/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 June 2017 at 2:48pm
4 Ways the Prophet Explained the Quran

The role of the Prophet Muhammad didn’t end with the conveying of the verses of the Quran.

He taught his companions, and through them he taught us, the importance of the verses, their usage, and how to implement them in practice...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/4-ways-prophet-explained-quran/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2017 at 7:15am
Turn Back Now: Allah Forgives All Sins

Allah goes on to invite the wistful and humbled sinner to come back and repent to Him:

And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped. And follow the best of what was revealed to you from your Lord before the punishment comes upon you suddenly, while you do not perceive. (39:54-55)

Allah encourages the repenting sinner to look ahead, and not let go of this opportunity to turn back to Him, by following what they can from the best of the guidance sent by Allah...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/turn-back-now-allah-forgives-sins/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2017 at 5:24pm
Muhammad: A Man of Charisma

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was always cheerful, genial, and pleasant-tempered.

He was never rude or rough. He only spoke things that brought rewards from God Almighty.

When he spoke, the listeners would listen to his words with attention. They did not feel any inclination to engage him in heated arguments.

The Prophet would always show patience with a stranger’s roughness of manners or harsh talk...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/muhammad-man-charisma/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2017 at 7:12pm
10 Benefits of Asking God’s Forgiveness

We should make it a habit to beseech Allah’s forgiveness as much as we can.

We will receive numerous benefits for doing so.

The following are but a few of them:

Forgiveness of sins

Allah quotes Noah speaking to his people:

{Ask forgiveness from your Lord; for He is Oft-Forgiving.} (71:10)

It is a reason for the rains to fall

Noah continues:

{He will send rain to you in abundance.} (71: 11)

Increase in wealth

Noah continues:

{And give you increase in wealth and children.} (71: 12)

Prosperity and success

Noah continues:

{And provide gardens for you and provide rivers for you.} (71: 12)

This expresses the good of this world that Allah provides us. The term “gardens” here refers to worldly provisions as well as the gardens of Paradise in the Hereafter. It also refers to the good that comes as a result of the water Allah provides to the Earth.

Increased strength

This comprehends all kinds of strength...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/10-benefits-asking-gods-forgiveness/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 June 2017 at 5:38am
5 Things Bring Inner Peace and Tranquility

As human beings, one of the greatest desires in life is the search for peace.

Many psychologists argue that the greatest human drive is the search for peace, that whatever humans do, they do so seeking peace and tranquility...

Contentment of the heart is a very difficult trait to have. The world around us, and things that happen to us usually make us very troubled individuals.

However, like anything in Islam, the road to tranquility is a road, not a state of being.

It is a path that has to be walked upon and deeds that need to be done in order for us to reach that station where we are at peace with ourselves...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/inner-peace/5-things-bring-inner-peace-and-tranquility/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2017 at 3:00am
How Guidance Brings us into Light

Light illuminates and takes away the obfuscation of darkness.

Join Shaykh Yahya Rhodus as he discusses how guidance brings us into light and grants us its intrinsic attributes and how darkness leads us to ignorance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVSkazNcNt0

(6 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 June 2017 at 6:24pm
Keeping Bonds with Non-Muslim Parents – 4 Tips For You

Accepting Islam is a great change in a person’s life. The new Muslims usually feel a strong desire to set aright every aspect of their lives.

Old friends are replaced by new ones and old habits are turned into more beneficial activities, but what about parents and family who didn’t accept Islam? Are they to be discarded?

The Prophet (peace be upon him) was always kind to his family and relatives. His good treatment towards his family and his wives’ families was immeasurable...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/keeping-bonds-with-non-muslim-parents/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 July 2017 at 5:15am
The Greatest Sin and How to Be Saved from It

The most fundamental belief in Islam is the belief in One God. It forms the basis of Islam and is mentioned over and over again throughout the verses of Quran. Humans were not created except that they should worship God. (51:56)

Thus it seems only logical that giving worship or obedience to something other than God is a great sin; one that cannot be forgiven...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/greatest-sin-saved/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 July 2017 at 1:03am
How to Live the ‘Good Life’? 6 Lessons from the Quran

It would not be too far-fetched to say that everyone desires to live the best life they can, and also strives for it within their means.

Despite obstacles and challenges, we all try to make the best of the lot that we are given in life.

Allah says in the Quran:

Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer – We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do. (16:97)

In the above verse, Allah clearly mentions some noteworthy and poignant points:

(i) He grants the reward for doing righteous deeds even in this world, in the form of a “good life”: “hayaatan tayyibatan”.

(ii) He grants this worldly reward to anyone who has faith, whether they are male or female. This is actually a very thought-provoking specification, since in some patriarchal cultures around the world, it is inherently believed that females cannot live as a good life here on earth, as males can.

(iii) This reward, of a good life, is besides the reward that Allah will give to that believer in the Hereafter, which will also be according to the best of the righteous actions that the believer used to perform in the life of this world.

How does a believer live this good life? What special worldly blessings do they enjoy, as rewards for their deeds?...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/live-good-life-6-lessons-quran/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 July 2017 at 5:43am
How My Spiritual Journey to Islam Began

“My soul is from elsewhere. I am sure of that. And I intend to end up there”- Rumi.

This quote from the Islamic scholar and world–renowned poet, sums up my understanding of spirituality. I can tell you the moment I converted to Islam and became a Muslim. I can tell you it was easy. Two short sentences were all it took: God is One. Prophet Muhammad is His messenger.

And certainly, I understood those sentences. They spoke to my very nature. But to say that converting to Islam is simply saying a few sentences would be like saying you know someone simply because you know their first and last name.

Becoming a Muslim, and living Islam is a spiritual journey that goes well beyond words. It is tasting a sweetness that reaches down into your soul...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/spiritual-journey-islam-began/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2017 at 2:56am
Prophetic Guidance Explained - 01: Introduction to the Science of Hadith

This introduction is by Ustadh Amjad Tasleem, from Seekers Hub, Toronto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4VtN2GjYg

(49 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 103 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version