Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 97 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 November 2017 at 1:52am
How Seeking Forgiveness Brings Tranquility to Our Hearts

Whatever stage we are at, we seek forgiveness and true repentance.

If the Prophet himself would seek forgiveness 70 times a day, why do we feel that we have to commit something that is especially egregious in order to ask God to forgive us?

If we think about it, every sin is a black dot. These black dots accumulate until our hearts become hard and do not feel anymore.

An example of this is with cursing or swearing.

The first time we say something we shouldn’t have, we feel this twinge of guilt in our heart. Then when we keep repeating it, it becomes normalized. Why? Because our hearts become enveloped in these black dots.

Yet when we constantly go back to God, seeking His forgiveness, we are reminded. We become humble, because we are forced to face these minor sins that weigh heavily on our hearts and through that our hearts are cleansed.

Because we face our sins, we are constantly trying to improve; we do not become complacent. It may seem hard, but a load will be taken off our shoulders with this constant returning to God...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/how-seeking-forgiveness-brings-tranquility-to-our-hearts/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 November 2017 at 12:47am
How Do You Tell if You Are Wise? 3 Signs

A person who has hikmah (wisdom) is:

1. Free of all bias. He doesn’t view the world with filters on his eyes. He’s got perfect 20/20 insight.

As a result, he is aware of his own weaknesses very well, and is not uneasy to acknowledge his strengths.

Just like Prophet Yusuf, who on the one hand knew his weakness in the face of feminine temptation and sought Allah’s refuge from it.

And on the other hand, he didn’t hesitate to inform the king that he should appoint him as a treasurer based on his good qualifications.

A wise person knows that virtues are gifts from Allah that are not to be hidden, rather they are to be used for His sake.

2. Practical. He is not a dreamer or idealist. Prophet Yaqub loved his elder children a lot, but he wasn’t idealistic about their character.

He knew that their jealousy against their little brother could drive them crazy. So he wouldn’t allow little Yusuf out with them, until he was forced to do so.

A person who has hikmah will be optimistic, but never to the point of being foolishly blind.

3. Empathetic. He understands people well and is good at interpreting speech.

He knows that human beings aren’t just rational creatures; they have emotions, biases and weaknesses of all kinds. And he accepts and respects a person with the whole package.

Empathy is a prophetic virtue that allows you to reach people’s hearts...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/how-do-you-tell-if-you-are-wise-3-signs/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 November 2017 at 1:40pm
He Who Touches Our Hearts Guides Our Days

No matter which station of life I turn to, I always find Prophetic examples motivating me to aspire for greater and greater perfection.

In what follows, I shall list a few aspects of the spiritual and moral nourishment that sustains me as I face daily challenges:

1- As I open my eyes from a good night’s sleep, the Prophet’s example of pouring his heart in praise for Allah prompts me to repeat after him, “Thank you Allah for (Your) gift of life, health, and (for honoring me with), Your remembrance!”

And as I head to the washroom, his constant reminders about oral hygiene, cleanliness, and purification act as a stimulus for me to keep myself clean and tidy.

2- My morning chores begin with prayer. The words of the Prophet that he would readily part with the treasure of the whole world for the opportunity to pray two rak’ahs of fajr echo in my mind.

His long morning meditations/affirmations counting Allah’s blessings fill my heart/soul with a healthy spiritual nourishment – empowering and buoying me to tackle the challenges ahead of me.

3- The Prophet follows me to the breakfast table, where he coaches me to invoke God, and thank Him for His gifts, and to practice moderation in consumption.

He shakes me out of my complacency to never allow myself to take God’s blessings for granted and to remember the less fortunate.

4- The Prophet’s constant reminders about charity and charitable living and the spectacle of him being moved to tears upon seeing a group of emaciated men and women appearing before him, and his consequent sermon reminding the companions of the oneness of the human family prompts me to be charitable and generous;

5- His never ending humor and jovial chats with his family and children, the children rushing out to welcome the Prophet, his stepping down from the minbar to shower his grandson with kisses, he being moved to cut short his prayers upon hearing the cry of an infant and his commiserating with a little child mourning the loss of his pet bird…these images accompany my interactions with my family...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/he-who-touches-our-hearts-guides-our-days/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 December 2017 at 1:36pm
Leadership – Legacy of the Prophet Muhammad

Law of Timing: When to Lead is As Important As What to Do and Where to Go

The Law of Timing states that understanding and practicing good timing is a critical component of great leadership. When the leader chooses to do the right thing at the right time then great success follows.

When the leader chooses to do the right thing at the wrong time, there is limited success. When the leader chooses to do the wrong thing at the wrong time, the people get a new leader.

When analyzing the life of the Prophet, we can see how clearly he understood this law. When the companions around him were calling for retaliation for the brutality and torture that they were suffering from, the Prophet understood the importance of timing.

When the Prophet decided to climb the hill outside of Makkah and proclaim his message publicly, he knew it was the right time because he needed certain people to join their ranks in order to strengthen and grow...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/leadership-legacy-of-the-prophet-muhammad/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 December 2017 at 1:09pm
Why Can’t We Get Married in Secret?

Why go to lengths to get married, instead? Getting the girl’s guardian’s permission, setting a dower, having two male witnesses present, convening and announcing the nikah in the masjid, and hosting a banquet afterwards?

Shouldn’t love and romance be easy come, easy go?

Why tie so many strings?

Pursuit of Desires vs Self-Discipline

Islam tries to curb desires, and encourages Muslims to practice self-discipline. The purpose of self-control, patience, and deliberation in the face of natural desires, is to channelize them towards worshiping of the Creator.

That is why, in Islam, eating, sleeping, and having intimate relations with one’s spouse, all become acts of worship, if done in the halal and moderate manner...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/why-cant-we-get-married-in-secret/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 December 2017 at 3:32am
Depression vs. Contentment: What Does Islam Say?

Depression drains our energy, hope, and drive, making it difficult to do what we need to feel better.

In today’s world there are many factors contributing to the rise of depression.

This depression is common both in the East and in the West, while it is evident among the youth; it also affects the older age brackets, due to the widespread of political, economic and social problems of modernity.

No Escape from Trials

To begin with we must acknowledge that this depression or stress is part of life. Whether it is caused by mental, physical, or spiritual tension or simply the feeling of hopelessness and despair this stress can hit even the most optimistic of us at some point in our lives; there is no running away from it.

What does matter is how we deal with it...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/depression-vs-contentment-what-does-islam-say/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 December 2017 at 4:52am
What The Prophet Knew

Prophet Muhammad and his companions knew something that is not often displayed today.

They were able to face difficulty with a certain determination in their heart; and they were grateful for even the seemingly small blessings. They took pleasure in praying at night while the people were asleep.

What they knew was this: if they sought Allah Almighty, they would not be let down...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/what-the-prophet-knew/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2017 at 5:23am
The Story of Prophet Jacob in the Quran

Prophet Jacob is one of a patriarchal line of prophets sent by God to teach his people to worship One God and to live a righteous life.

The Quran teaches that each and every one of the prophets taught the same fundamental message of submission to One God...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/the-story-of-prophet-jacob-in-the-quran/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2017 at 1:10pm
This is How Islam Liberates Women

When the companion of the Prophet (peace be upon him) entered a town to bring them the message of Islam, he put it very beautifully. He said:

“I have come to free you from the servitude of the slaves and bring you to the servitude of the Lord of the slaves.”

Within this statement lies a powerful treasure. Locked within these words is the key to empowerment and the only real path to liberation.

You see, the moment you or I allow anything other than our Creator to define our success, our failure, our happiness, or our worth, we have entered into a silent, but destructive, form of slavery. That thing which defines my self worth, my success and my failure is what controls me, and it becomes my master.

The master which has defined a woman’s worth, has taken many forms throughout time. One of the most prevalent standards made for women has been the standards of men. But what we so often forget is that God has honored the woman by giving her value in relation to Himself, not in relation to men...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/this-is-how-islam-liberates-women/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 December 2017 at 6:45am
The Story of Lady Asiya, the Wife of Pharaoh

Asiya, the wife of Pharaoh, was no ordinary woman. Her strength and her status will forever remain unsurpassed.

She was a woman who never allowed herself to be defined or limited by her painful circumstances, but rather carried in her such a deep faith and sense of self that she was willing to die for what she believed in.

It was for this reason that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) mentioned her as one of the greatest women of all time...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/the-story-of-lady-asiya-the-wife-of-pharaoh/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2017 at 4:59am
Ignorance Can’t Overshadow the Beauties of Islam

Islam is a religion, a way of life that inspires Muslims to try harder, reach farther and act in a manner that is pleasing to those around them and most importantly pleasing to their Creator.

The beauties of Islam are those things that are part of the religion and make Islam stand out. Islam answers all of humankind’s eternal questions. Where did I come from? Why am I here? Is this really all there is?

It answers these questions with clarity and in a beautiful way...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/ignorance-cant-overshadow-beauties-islam/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2017 at 4:02am
Why Pork is Prohibited in Islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rV5n0krVo8

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 December 2017 at 1:16pm
What is the Unforgivable Sin in Islam?

Islam is the religion of forgiveness. No matter how many sins a person may have committed, he or she never becomes unforgivable.

God is the Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful and Quran stresses these attributes more than 70 times.

{And to God belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth.  He forgives whom He wills, and punishes whom He wills.  And God is oft Forgiving, Most Merciful.} (Quran 3:129)

There is however, one sin that God will not forgive and that is the sin of ascribing partners or associates to God. A Muslim believes that God is one, without partners, offspring, or associates. He is the only one worthy of worship...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/what-is-the-unforgivable-sin-in-islam/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2017 at 7:57am
The Story of Jesus in Brief

In relating the story of Jesus, the Quran describes how Mary, the mother of Jesus, was approached by an angel from God, bringing her tidings she had never imagined:

that she will give birth to a son, a Messiah, who will be of the righteous and will be a prophet of God, calling the Children of Israel (the Israelites) to the straight path of God...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/the-story-of-jesus-in-brief/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 97 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version