Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 97 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2017 at 8:34am
Love for Others What You Love for Yourself

It is clear that being able to love for your brother or sister what you love for yourself is a characteristic every true Muslim should train their heart upon.

What does this mean?

Firstly it is the golden rule; treat others how you want to be treated. You don’t want to be backbitten, so don’t backbite others.

Secondly it means you place yourself in someone else’s shoes and think: what would I have desired? And then desire the same for him. Imagine if every Muslim would live by this hadith then most of the problems between people would be solved and we would know true brotherhood!

5 Tips on Learning how to Love for Others what you Love for Yourself!

It is easily said, but sometimes hard to practice, because our ego gets in the way. So here is a selection of tips on how to attain this beautiful love...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/love-for-others-what-you-love-for-yourself/
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 December 2017 at 3:55am
God Loves Beauty in All its Forms

The beauty that exists in creation attests to God’s beauty as well as His power. He who created beauty is the most entitled to beauty.

And indeed Paradise is adorned with beauty beyond imagining. God is beautiful and this is why the greatest of all pleasures in Paradise is to look upon God’s Face. God says:

[Some] faces, that Day, will be radiant; looking to their Lord. (75: 22-23)

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/god-loves-beauty-forms/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2017 at 10:57am
The Religion That Forgives All Sins

Islam is the religion of forgiveness. No matter how many sins a person may have committed, he or she never becomes unforgivable.

God is the Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful and Quran stresses these attributes more than 70 times.

And to God belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth.  He forgives whom He wills, and punishes whom He wills.  And God is oft Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 3:129)

There is however, one sin that God will not forgive and that is the sin of ascribing partners or associates to God...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/religion-forgives-sins/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2017 at 4:14pm
The Ocean of the World

This worldly life, the dunya, is just like the ocean. And our hearts are the ships.

We can use the ocean for our needs and as a means to get to our final destination.

But the ocean is only that: a means. It is a means for seeking food of the sea. It is a means of travel.

It is a means of seeking a higher purpose. But it is something which we only pass through, but never think to remain in. Imagine what would happen if the ocean became our end – rather than just a means.

Eventually we would drown.

As long as the ocean’s water remains outside the ship, the ship will continue to float and be in control. But what happens as soon as the water creeps into the ship?

What happens when the dunya is not just water outside of our hearts, when the dunya is no longer just a means?

What happens when the dunya enters our heart?

That is when the boat sinks.

That is when the heart is taken hostage and becomes a slave. And that is when the dunya – which was once under our control – begins to control us.

When the ocean’s water enters and overtakes a ship, that ship is no longer in control. The boat then becomes at the mercy of the ocean.

To stay afloat, we must view this world in exactly the same way...

https://muslimvillage.com/2017/12/27/53069/the-ocean-of-the-world/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 December 2017 at 8:08am
Hardships That Turn Out to Be Blessings

We often fail to remember that blessings always come out of hardship. If it wasn’t for the fire, the forest would rot and die.

And if it wasn’t for the rain, we would never see the fruit of the earth.

If it wasn’t for the hardship in our own lives, we wouldn’t become stronger people.

What Allah and the Prophet Have Said about Blessings

Even a small thing like a fever is really a blessing. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

Allah removes the sins of a Muslim for his illness as fire removes the dross of gold and silver. (Abu Dawud)

And like the fever being a way to purify us, everything we suffer is a form of good. The Prophet said:

I am amazed by the believer. Verily, Allah does not decree anything for the believer except what is good for him. (Muslim)

The greater the hardship, the greater the blessing, if we can only see it for what it really is...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/hardships-that-turn-out-to-be-blessings/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 January 2018 at 3:39am
Thinking Well of God

Prophet Muhammad said:

Indeed Allah Most High says: ‘I am as My slave thinks of Me, and I am with him when He calls upon Me. (Al-Bukhari)

“God probably hates me… I am so bad; and I always mess up. I don’t deserve any good from God, and as punishment, I probably will not be given success in my other endeavors.”

How many people have felt this way at some point? Sometimes, our sins weigh heavily on us. We recognize our mistakes but instead of turning back to God we turn away. We feel that we must be so bad that even the All-Merciful will reject us.

Once we slip up or feel that we do not have the strength to continue, we do not think well enough of God to believe that He will guide us through. We must understand that when we think well of God, that is what we will find...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/trusting-allah/thinking-well-of-god/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 January 2018 at 4:35am
This is Why Islam Prohibits Drinking Alcohol

Islam’s holistic approach to health and well-being means that anything that is harmful or mostly harmful, is forbidden

Therefore,  Islam takes an uncompromising stand towards alcohol and forbids its consumption in either small or large quantities.

Alcohol is undoubtedly harmful and adversely affects the mind and the body.  It clouds the mind, causes disease, wastes money, and destroys individuals, families, and communities.

Researchers[1]  have proven that there is a strong link between alcohol and gambling

Drinking impairs judgement, lowers inhibition, and encourages the type of risk taking involved in gambling and dangerous activities.

God tells us in the Quran that intoxicants and gambling are abominations from Satan and orders us to avoid them. (Quran 5: 90)

In Australia, a country with a population of around 20 million, about 3000 people die each year from alcohol abuse while 65,000 others are hospitalized...

http://www.aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/this-is-why-islam-prohibits-drinking-alcohol/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 January 2018 at 5:34am
Purity of Intentions

Another meaning of purity is the sincerity of intention behind any action or behavior.

Islam regards the motives behind what people say or do as essential and that these motives should always be to pursue the pleasure, approval, and satisfaction of God.

People whom we encounter daily have certain motivations behind their actions.

These motives determine their enthusiasm, quality and amount of effort, and even their tolerance and perseverance while working.

Some peoples’ intentions and motives may be detected easily through their behavior, which may reflect selfishness, love for money, or the need for prominence and pride.

Other times, these motives are subtle and not clearly discovered, even the individual himself may not be totally aware of what drives him to do or say certain things.

Whether the individual himself or the people discover these motives or not, a person must acknowledge that God sees and knows what is in his heart at all times.

Lack of Pure Intentions

Islam does not just look at the deed irrespective of its motives. God evaluates peoples’ deeds according to the intentions behind them....

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/purity-of-intentions/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 January 2018 at 3:31pm
Forgiveness is Divine

... keep turning back to God for all our shortcomings.

And this is exactly what God the Almighty loved the most about His Prophet Job (peace be upon him). And He says:

Truly! We found him patient. How excellent (a) slave! Verily, he was ever oft-returning in repentance (to Us)! (38: 44) 

There is no reason why we shouldn’t turn back to God immediately after realizing we made a mistake.

The point that we all miss is that God actually prefers the one who sins and repents over the one who does not sin at all.

And God is highly fond of forgiving misdeeds, considering that the repentance is meaningful...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/forgiveness-is-divine/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:18am
Be Confident – Hold Your Head Up High

Self-confidence is borne from the believer’s intimate knowledge and understanding that Allah is ever ready to assist those who strive and struggle in His way.

Self-confidence comes from depending upon Allah and knowing that He is there to help you, protect you and shower His mercies upon you:

So he who gives (in charity) and fears(Allah) and [in all sincerity] testifies to the best – We will indeed make smooth for him the path to Bliss. (92:5-7)

Self-confidence also emanates from knowing that Allah in His infinite mercy has equipped you with all that you require to undertake the tasks set before you...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/be-confident-hold-your-head-up-high/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:53am
In Search for Inner Peace

Allah tells us that He is calling us to the home of Salam (peace).

If you think for a second about this metaphor, imagine that someone is in the middle of a desert and they are desperate for water and there is only one source of water in that desert.

Now think about what would happen if you are far away from that source of water.

If you are far from that source of water, are you ever going to quench your thirst?

And if you far from that source of water, are you ever going to be able to give water to others?

The only way you can quench that thirst is by being near to that source. So by being nearer than I am to that source of water, the more that I can quench my thirst, and the more that I can give to others. But if we are not close to the source of water we can never quench our thirst.

Similarly, if we are not near God, who is the source of peace, we can never ever attain peace. And the nearer I am to that source, the more I will have of it...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/in-search-for-inner-peace/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 January 2018 at 5:55am
Spirituality in Islam – How is it Different from Other Faiths?

“Spirituality in Islam is more than just a feeling. It is true knowledge of The Source of the Spirit, sincere pursuit of Him, persistent connection with Him and commitment to loving Him and remaining on His path until The Day we meet Him.

So, it is a life journey of growth, sincerity, and commitment to The Creator (The Source of the spirit), not a fleeting moment of excitement or spiritual boost.”

Worship in Islam is that pursuit of spiritual health and growth beyond the material existence.

God, knowing how important this is to our spiritual health and also knowing how distracted by the material world we can get (He’s the Creator and All-Knowing after all), has directed us to the five pillars of religion to refocus our lives, our energies, and our love toward Him.

God gives us physical actions to grow spiritually, to find peace, and contentment with God, ourselves, and the rest of God’s creation...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/spirituality-islam-how-is-it-different-from-other-faiths/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2018 at 4:28am
Powerful Strategies for Developing Gratitude

It is virtually impossible to complain and be grateful at the same time. Start to take notice of how many times you complain and what you complain about.

Perhaps it is your husband or wife, or your children. Perhaps you complain about the traffic, or the weather or the price of the groceries.

Figure out what it is you complain about most often and set yourself goals to help you stop. Constantly whining and complaining sets you upon a path of negativity.

You are responsible for how you act in each and every situation. Stop blaming others and be grateful.

If you are stuck in traffic, be grateful that you have a car. If the price of food is too high, think about the people who have no food.

Prophet Muhammad said:

If any of you would like to see the blessings God has bestowed upon you, then let him look at those less fortunate then him and not those who appear to be better off.[1]

Don’t complain that your blessings are too small or limited. Treat all the blessings from God with both respect and gratitude...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/inner-peace/powerful-strategies-for-developing-gratitude/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2018 at 4:42am
How to Feel God’s Kindness Towards Us

God is kind to us in ways that we cannot even imagine.

His kindness is manifested to us from before we are born into our infancy and adulthood, in every aspect of our lives...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/feel-gods-kindness-towards-us/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 97 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version