Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Discover Islam .... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 103
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2019 at 7:37am
What Do You Know About Angel Gabriel?

The Angel Gabriel is considered the most important of all the angels in Islam. In the Quran, the angel is called Jibreel or the Holy Spirit.

The Angel Jibreel’s main responsibility is to communicate the Words of Allah to His prophets. It is Jibreel who revealed the Quran to the Prophet Muhammad...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/what-do-you-know-about-angel-gabriel/

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2019 at 4:33am
The Secret to Feeling Satisfied

What do we know about satisfaction?

Psychologists know that we humans feel satisfied when things go our way. But they also know that things never go our way all the time– pleasure is temporary and discomfort is inevitable.

What a sweet mercy that Allah made the world like this. Because of His love for you, His servant, He made everything in the world unsatisfying so that you would seek Him. He is enough. That’s why the Prophet Muhammad taught us the dua Hasbi Allah (“Allah is Sufficient for me”).

God made your heart so that the only thing that would truly satisfy it is Him...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 10 April 2019 at 3:32am
Know if Your Heart is Healthy, Dead, or Sick

The Healthy Heart 

On the Day of Resurrection, only those who come to God with a healthy heart will be saved. God says:

The Day on which neither wealth nor sons will be of any use, except for whoever brings to God a sound heart. (Quran 26:88-89) 

In defining the healthy heart, the following has been said:

“It is a heart cleansed from any passion that challenges what God commands, or disputes what He forbids. It is free from any impulses which contradict His good...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/know-if-your-heart-is-healthy-dead-or-sick/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2019 at 8:10am
6 Steps to Get Spiritually Ready For Ramadan

Ramadan indicates an opportunity for a spiritual upgrade. It’s a chance for betterment. Time to increase good deeds and to jointly shun those that do not benefit us, and one of the best opportunities to strengthen our relationship with God.

Ramadan isn’t just about abstaining from food and drink from dawn to dusk and if it is seen as just a daily fast for 29 or 30 days, it can become one that is cumbersome and done without much spiritual zeal. Here are ways to achieve a spiritual boost as the month of Ramadan begins to reel in...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/6-steps-to-get-spiritually-ready-for-ramadan/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2019 at 6:55am
Cover Up the Flaws of Others – It’s a Sunnah

The answer to this question can be found in the statements and behavior of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), our role model. He told us that Allah Almighty will cover our faults on the Day of Judgment if we cover the faults of others in this life.

This is huge. I don’t know about you, but I definitely do not want all my sins and flaws to be put on display on the Day of Judgment. And if you think about it, Allah has every right to call us out on our sins on that Day. But we hope in His mercy and that He will cover our flaws and mistakes.

Similarly, even if we feel like someone deserves to have their sins exposed, we should still not reveal them. Plus, it’s not our place to go around exposing what Allah has hidden of someone’s mistakes...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/cover-up-the-flaws-of-others-its-a-sunnah/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 25 April 2019 at 5:13am
Loving For Others What We Love For Ourselves

For me personally, I know that even if I am praying, fasting, wearing a hijab out, and fulfilling all of my other obligations related to worship, that is just one part of it.

My relationship with others tends to be what makes or breaks that sacred relationship with my Creator. When I have pure intentions towards others and I am genuinely trying to follow the “golden rule,” I feel I am also sincere in my relationship with Allah.

At the end of the day, if I am doing all of the required acts of worship and even going above and beyond, but I am not kind to others, where is the sincerity?

Wish the Best For Others

It is not always easy to live this way, though. Our deen (religion) advises us to love for others what we love for ourselves, but sometimes I see a person who has more than I do and I have to fight unpleasant feelings inside myself...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/loving-for-others-what-we-love-for-ourselves/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2019 at 4:14am
Understanding the Meaning of God’s Mercy

Moreover, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab relates once being with the Prophet with a group of women and children detained after battle. One woman among them was searching for her child.

Whenever she saw any child, she took the child to her bosom and began breastfeeding it. The Prophet asked his companions:

Do you think this woman would throw her child into fire?

They said:

“No, by Allah, unless she has no power otherwise.”

He replied:

Allah is more merciful for His servants than this woman for her child. (Muslim)

It is interesting that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) while explaining the mercy of Allah used the example of a mother...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:54am
Seerah for New Converts - 6: Migration to Christian Lands

What do you do when you can no longer live in an environment that persecutes you for being Muslim?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was extremely sad to see most of his followers go through all that pain.

Out of his love and mercy for them, and the fact that he could not protect them, he searched for an alternative.

In the month of Rajab of the fifth year, he suggested to his Companions who wanted to leave Makkah that they migrate to Abyssinia.

Find out what happened in this video, and to read more details please check this link:

(8 minutes)

<< Prev Page  of 103
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version