Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Women Soldiers Raped by Soldiers More Than Killed Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by hamayoun

Salam

Unbelievable.  Please note that this the LA Times, not Al Jazeera.  The question that comes to mind for me is: if this what they do to their own female soldiers, what the hell are they doing to the 'enemy' women?

I can guess
But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
M.A.R.W.A.N
Mureed
Mureed
Dragon rescuer, Virgin slayer.
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 134
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote M.A.R.W.A.N Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Eli'jah

What do you care, you hate the military anyways....

AA Eli'jah.

A real man wouldn't have to ask why I care about female soldiers being raped by their male counterparts. A real man would know.

AA Islamway, female soldiers are hardly properly trained to fight off men. Almost any woman faced against a few rapists has very little chance of fending them off. See for yourself what happens to men in prison.

Then there's this guy I respect dearly ==>
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or says it". ~Malcolm X

Edited by M.A.R.W.A.N - 02 April 2008 at 3:32pm
ScoobyGurl  
Mureed
Mureed
The Modern Muslimah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ScoobyGurl Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by M.A.R.W.A.N

It's hard to believe I live in a time when women soldiers getting regularly raped by their own is considered normal.

I've got to give Mrs. Jane H. the credit/courage for writing this report, can't be easy in an election year. But damn, this is disturbing, purely barbaric.

There is no way in hell good can come from these kind of people, those that do it (and those that don't do anything about it).

Bloody hell, what kind of army do we have now!

I don't know if normal is the word. There's nothing "normal" about the behavior.

However, I'm not surprised because men in this society and all societies are still socialized to treat women like "the other" and to think that women belong in certain places, the military not being one of them. I doubt the US military is the only military where this occurs.

The military is already a hyperaggressive environment. I think that a lot of men in the military still see women as 1) stepping out of place 2) threatening their position. Thus, I think for men who do attack women in the military, it's their way of reasserting "power" and putting women "back in their place". Sexual assault in the military is no different than sexual assault in civilian life. Both are crimes of power and both result from the lower position of women in society.

Edited by ScoobyGurl - 02 April 2008 at 3:56pm
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 4:01pm
what do u mean by lower position of women ?
But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 4:01pm
Unfortunately scoobygurl is right.
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 4:39pm
Military structure is such that when a woman is attacked by her superior officer it is not the same as being raped by your boss at work... Its not the same as in a civilian world at all.  
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote LtTony Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 4:47pm
scooby wrote: I doubt the US military is the only military where this occurs.

I also think she is right, unfortunately.

Eli'jah wrote:  What do you care, you hate the military anyways....

Yeah, not a lot has changed, lol.  Good to see you back.

"“We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two.” Osama Bin Laden
M.A.R.W.A.N
Mureed
Mureed
Dragon rescuer, Virgin slayer.
Forum Rating: 134
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote M.A.R.W.A.N Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 6:02pm
Some things have changed, for example, I just realized that even though some men carry male genes, they're not really men at all.

More like scared sheep. Tell them something serious like our women are being viciously attacked and all they can say is "you hate the military" & "not much has changed". Or in sheep language "bahahahahahahaha".

If you were in the military I would use you as the poster child of what a solider should never be, then I'd advocate that someone with your intellect should neither hold a gun nor hold any position where you watch over others.

You'd become the first Army of None.
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 6:08pm
I did a bunch of google searches on non US military and women and didn't come up with anything of consequence.  Either other countries do not have women in combat zones or it does not happen much.
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 6:09pm

MARAWAN...I totally totally agree...No wonder many women suffer

ScoobyGurl  
Mureed
Mureed
The Modern Muslimah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ScoobyGurl Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by jamilahz

Military structure is such that when a woman is attacked by her superior officer it is not the same as being raped by your boss at work... Its not the same as in a civilian world at all.  

I meant in terms of motivation and cause. Not the consequences of the action.
ScoobyGurl  
Mureed
Mureed
The Modern Muslimah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ScoobyGurl Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 7:13pm

I did a bunch of google searches on non US military and women and didn't come up with anything of consequence.  Either other countries do not have women in combat zones or it does not happen much.

There are other countries that have women in combat zones. Israel being the first example that came to my mind. Canada, Germany, Denmark, and Norway also allow women in combat. However, that doesn't have anything to do with women in the military getting raped.
ScoobyGurl  
Mureed
Mureed
The Modern Muslimah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ScoobyGurl Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by mai moslemah

what do u mean by lower position of women ?

second class or minority position.
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2008 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by ScoobyGurl

There are other countries that have women in combat zones. Israel being the first example that came to my mind. Canada, Germany, Denmark, and Norway also allow women in combat. However, that doesn't have anything to do with women in the military getting raped.

You had said you doubt that the US military was the only placed this occurred, so I was looking for findings on that. 

You don't think that women being placed in combat zones does not increase their chances of being raped?
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version