Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: graves vandalized(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 10:34am
Originally posted by scruggnut

Originally posted by jana.z

Originally posted by Misbah

*sigh Islam/Muslims are so hated aren't they*

that is all the more reason to keep learning, keep your faith strong and wrap yourself even tighter with Islam.  let ppl hate us, Allah doesnt and thats all that matters.
Oh c'mon...you are no more hated than anyone else.  Get over yourselves.
Those who do hate islam and muslims are people who hate most things.    The average person just doesn't understand islam, that's a far cry from hating it.

Hey Scrugg, Jana is just responding after reading the article. The article really is sad. I wouldn't tell her to get over herself.

Edited by MedGirl - 10 April 2008 at 11:34am
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 11:04am
in response to the get over yourselves,  i say the same......wrap yourselves tighter in islam and worry about yourself and allah.  not what others think.
And hold fast, all together to the rope of Allah and do not separate.”Âl’ Imran:103)

http://myimmatureviewpoint.blogspot.com/
http://solomuslimah.blogspot.com/
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:27pm
Does this mean that you hate me like the small minority of muslim haters that exist out in the world?  I feel so maligned...chagrined...distraught.
The amount of people who actually hate islam is probably equal to or less than the amount of muslims who hate the west and is probably equally proportionate to the amount of muslims who blow themselves up in the name of allah.
If i let a few haters of the west bother me, i would tell myself to get over myself...i will do no less to you or anyone else.
I'm not saying this to malign islam.

Edited by scruggnut - 10 April 2008 at 4:30pm
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:38pm
Scrugg

Just leave it alone.. no one said they hated you...

Jana would never hate anyone...
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:45pm
I was only stressing how stupid it is to lament someones hatred of you or your kind; and once a person starts looking for signs of that hatred, they will see it in places where it doesn't exist.
I, unlike other people here, could care less if people hate me. 

Edited by scruggnut - 10 April 2008 at 4:45pm
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:50pm
Well thats great for you, but sometimes its scary when people hate you.... just for what you believe.... or how you look.  
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:50pm
Salam

Well, you do have a point Scrugg, but think of it this way.

1. We only need to look at the holocaust to see what hatred can lead to.  It's hard to just ignore hatred, or care less about it, if it leads to people going to the next step.

2. As muslims, if we know there is hatred, we have a duty to face upto it and let people know the truth of Islam - this is the only way to change it.  There's a wonderful story of the Prophet(SAW) about this, when he was once helping an old woman carry some firewood, but didn't tell her who he was.  So she started telling him about this evil man called Muhammed, who was doing all sorts of bad things, and who should be avoided at all costs.  When she found out that the pleasant man who had been helping her was none other than Muhammed, all the hatred went out and she accepted Islam.
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by jamilahz

Well thats great for you, but sometimes its scary when people hate you.... just for what you believe.... or how you look.  
I'm white and i grew up in a black ghetto.  I currently live near another one...you think i don't know hatred?
I'm a serious minority where i live, and i face hatred everyday, just because of the colour of my skin.
I believe that people should be responsible for their actions, and i don't believe in justifying something just to make my life easier, like driving cars and spewing pollutants into the air...using dishwashers...watching television...wasting electricity and food and water.  Even my family hates me because i cannot keep my mouth shut when i'm surrounded by stupid people doing stupid things.
I know hatred...but i don't let it affect me much.

Edited by scruggnut - 10 April 2008 at 5:03pm
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 5:03pm
Wouldn't you agree, thought, that sometimes no matter how much we try and ignore it, we will be effected by it?

jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 5:04pm
again, great that you don't let it affect you - but don't chastise others for feeling upset or scared by it.
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by hamayoun

Salam

Well, you do have a point Scrugg, but think of it this way.

1. We only need to look at the holocaust to see what hatred can lead to.  It's hard to just ignore hatred, or care less about it, if it leads to people going to the next step.

2. As muslims, if we know there is hatred, we have a duty to face upto it and let people know the truth of Islam - this is the only way to change it.  There's a wonderful story of the Prophet(SAW) about this, when he was once helping an old woman carry some firewood, but didn't tell her who he was.  So she started telling him about this evil man called Muhammed, who was doing all sorts of bad things, and who should be avoided at all costs.  When she found out that the pleasant man who had been helping her was none other than Muhammed, all the hatred went out and she accepted Islam.
Hatred can, unfortunately, balloon into something like the holocaust, yes...but look at it now, and you will see what happens when you don't let it go...the jews are now some of the biggest haters in the world.
It's typical that those who were hated, will always hate when it's their turn if they fail to let go of their hatred.
The longer that muslims feed themselves the, "we are hated" bit, the more you will be the next to hate someone in almost the exact same way in which you percieved to be hated.
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by hamayoun

Wouldn't you agree, thought, that sometimes no matter how much we try and ignore it, we will be effected by it?
Sure, but first we must make certain that the hatred exists as we think it does.
I don't know anyone who hates muslims or islam.  Maybe my mother-in-law...but the hatred of 1 out of 1000 is not what we are talking about. 
What was suggested is something much more insidious, and i do not believe that it exists in such a way other than inside some paranoid heads.
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 5:10pm
"The longer that muslims feed themselves the, "we are hated" bit, the more you will be the next to hate someone in almost the exact same way in which you percieved to be hated."

The Quran says otherwise:

41:34. Nor can goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: Then will he between whom and you was hatred become as it were your friend and intimate!

scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by jamilahz

again, great that you don't let it affect you - but don't chastise others for feeling upset or scared by it.
If it really exists as the norm i understand...if you make more of it than it really is; if it's only a small number of people but you act like it's everyone...you should just let it go...you do more harm than good.
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version