Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: propaganda!!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4
Nura  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nura Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 2:12pm
Anyway now I read the OP once again, and it says that these men are paid to be priests, not only because of their convertion. Now, if they are priests they are doing a job, and are paid for it.
Spare me the political events and power struggles, as the whole earth is my homeland and all men are my fellow countrymen. K.Gibran
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 10:09am
Logic has forsaken many of you.
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
Westwind  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Westwind Replybullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by LtTony

Comments off the top of my head....

The report mentioned a poll showing "36% of British muslims support death to apostates," leading a muslim cleric to say, "We have a lot of work to do." Also mentioned were Taliban executions of missionaries, and "reprisals are a reality....we don't want to cause problems for our muslim friends.

I saw the clips too and heard this as well. I did wonder which way the percentage is supposed to go, according to the cleric.

About avoiding the execution of missionaries by not evangelizing Muslims, this may be something we just have to agree to disagree on. From the Christian point of view, Christianity is about being true to Jesus, and not about political correctness or cultural homogenization. Asking Christians to not evangelize Muslims is to disobey the command to preach the Gospel.  Regarding reprisals, it makes more sense to work harder at ending the killing of apostates.

Originally posted by LtTony

All of that doesn't justify any shady tactics, however.  The "mainline" christian reps interviewed categorically rejected the alleged tactics in question -- as do I -- and indicated they are on guard to prevent them.  At the same time, it sounded to me that "Caleb-like" tactics are rare; that there are bigger problems for muslims and christians.

Any tactic that relies on subterfuge or deception will fail.  The converts will
be converting for the wrong reasons, and most likely end up returning to their previous religion.

I have to regard some of the tactics as wrong, especially evangelizing the children.  The whole concept of freedom of religion is based on being intellectually mature enough to make such a decision.  Even Jesus didn't  target children.  As for other groups, what is wrong with trying to evangelize the outcasts of a society, be they Muslim or otherwise?  Caring for the outcast in society is a central tenet of Christianity as well as of Islam.  To call the evangelization of outcast and down-trodden people an evil tactic, is just silly.  Should we just treat them worse? Imagine the indignation if Christianity only evangelized the rich and powerful.

Edited by Westwind - 10 April 2008 at 4:35pm
He is risen! Alleluia! Mark 16:1-6
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2008 at 8:38am
Originally posted by hamayoun

Scrugg

Point is, as muslims we are not allowed to use such tactics when spreading our message.

I think Muslims are lucky if they only have to worry about offers of gifts and money for converting to Christianity by a very small minority of Christian sects. However it could be worse, say if you were a Christian and you are being enticed to become a Muslim.

Edited by Damo808 - 11 April 2008 at 8:43am
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
M.A.R.W.A.N
Mureed
Mureed
Dragon rescuer, Virgin slayer.
Forum Rating: 134
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote M.A.R.W.A.N Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:03am

Are you saying this makes what missionaries do alright? 

Nura  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nura Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Damo808

Originally posted by hamayoun

Scrugg

Point is, as muslims we are not allowed to use such tactics when spreading our message.

I think Muslims are lucky if they only have to worry about offers of gifts and money for converting to Christianity by a very small minority of Christian sects. However it could be worse, say if you were a Christian and you are being enticed to become a Muslim.

I believe the news about Pakistan - and of course I don't approve of it.

But that hindu girls in britain are forced to convert to islam by guys they date...
Spare me the political events and power struggles, as the whole earth is my homeland and all men are my fellow countrymen. K.Gibran
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2008 at 5:00pm
Ditto. The story from Pakistan is probably true and I condemn it, but this business about Muslims in Britain forcing Hindu and Sikhs girls to convert to Islam (along with claims that Hindus are being 'ethnically cleansed' from Britain) is ridiculous propaganda designed to set minority groups against one another. The whole story comes from some anti-Muslim Hindu and Sikh extremist groups who've allied themselves with the neo-Nazi BNP (which I know sounds crazy but it's true, see HERE for example). These aren't exactly trustworthy people to get your information about Muslims in Britain from.
No Self-Vote Allowed.   IP IP Logged
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2008 at 5:17pm

As someone not immersed within a particular faith, and as far as i am concerned, not blinded by said faith...it looks to me like christians and muslims are just "one upping" each other.

When a christian is told about some alleged misrepresentaion of their faith by fellow christians from a muslim, they reject it as propaganda.  The same applies to a muslim when told about something on their side of the fence.
More often than not, a christian gets their info from a pro christian source(which in many cases is termed by muslims as anti-muslim) and a muslim gets theirs from a pro muslim source (which is deemed anti-christian by christians).
Do you guys see the similarities?  Do you see how none of it gets anyone anywhere?  Do you understand that you are all being childish and you all deserve a trip to the spiritual naughty spot?
Think about it for a second.
Not all christians are good, not all muslims are good (conversely, not all of each can be bad either).
Grow up and give yourselves half a chance and amazing things can happen.
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote LtTony Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2008 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by scruggnut

...it looks to me like christians and muslims are just "one upping" each other....

...Not all christians are good, not all muslims are good (conversely, not all of each can be bad either).

Thank you.
"“We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two.” Osama Bin Laden
Nura  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nura Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2008 at 10:58am
Originally posted by scruggnut

As someone not immersed within a particular faith, and as far as i am concerned, not blinded by said faith...it looks to me like christians and muslims are just "one upping" each other.

When a christian is told about some alleged misrepresentaion of their faith by fellow christians from a muslim, they reject it as propaganda.  The same applies to a muslim when told about something on their side of the fence.
More often than not, a christian gets their info from a pro christian source(which in many cases is termed by muslims as anti-muslim) and a muslim gets theirs from a pro muslim source (which is deemed anti-christian by christians).
Do you guys see the similarities?  Do you see how none of it gets anyone anywhere?  Do you understand that you are all being childish and you all deserve a trip to the spiritual naughty spot?
Think about it for a second.
Not all christians are good, not all muslims are good (conversely, not all of each can be bad either).

Of course we know it. I this this thread has never been against "Christians" but just against some missionaries - the same about froced convertions to Islam.

Hey Christians, why don't we all unite together against Scrugnut?
Nura  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nura Replybullet Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Kadaveri

Ditto. The story from Pakistan is probably true and I condemn it, but this business about Muslims in Britain forcing Hindu and Sikhs girls to convert to Islam (along with claims that Hindus are being 'ethnically cleansed' from Britain) is ridiculous propaganda designed to set minority groups against one another. The whole story comes from some anti-Muslim Hindu and Sikh extremist groups who've allied themselves with the neo-Nazi BNP (which I know sounds crazy but it's true, see HERE for example). These aren't exactly trustworthy people to get your information about Muslims in Britain from.

Kad, the article you posted is really incredible! So long for the forced convertions in Britain - by the way, the muslim guys were so fanatical and wanted to convert anybody by force, but didn't care dating girls, as if it was ok in Islam
<< Prev Page  of 4
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version