Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: propaganda!!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
bayleaf  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Buddhism(Buddhism)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bayleaf Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 2:03pm
Well, at least Catholics were given permission by Pope Sixtus V in his encyclical Gustatus Similis Pullus to evangelize however is best effective...including the use of money....
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 2:17pm
I don't think the opinions of a 16th Century Pope are really relevant here. Besides it's Protestant evangelical groups who are the main culprits, not Catholics.
No Self-Vote Allowed.   IP IP Logged
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote LtTony Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 2:57pm

Have there been any reports of kidnapping children?    
"“We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two.” Osama Bin Laden
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 3:03pm
I wonder if you thought there was anything to be achieved by making silly jokes to 'oneup' the Muslims. Whether you want to face it or not this sort of thing happens, and it's not just Muslims who're saying so. 
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote LtTony Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 3:25pm

I'm sensative to the point you are trying to make, kad, but try and see it both ways....  I mean, talking about playing one-upmanship, look at the OP then everyone piling on, including yourself.  I'm sorry, but this just reminded me of the hateful, reprehensible and unsubstantiated reports here at WI of muslim chidren being stolen from their parents for "christian" adoption.  When challenged on it, no facts were provided, and the admin seems to condone this sort of thing.

(For the record, I don't know what is worse:  anyone who pays cash for "converting," or the people who take the money (who aren't destitute).  Followed closely by people who may intentionally lie about it, or those who spread unconfirmed reports on the internet.)

"just want to share recently there were 5 muslims..."

I'm sure conversion by money won't last long except they choose money as their god... (excellent point)

How do you guys know that the story boink related is true?

Hama: Well, on this forum we have had similar incidents.

boink: you know for a fact that this things happened ALL AROUND THE WORLD. (emphasis added)

kad: " THIS was one of the organisations they were talking about."

I don't know anything about Frontiers Ireland.  What specifically do you object to about that group?

What are the similar incidents that have occurred here at WI?

"“We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two.” Osama Bin Laden
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 3:51pm
Heh, I found what I was talking about. Watch from 4:55 on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA0iMGmhPIM&feature=related) to 4:50 of THIS video for the relevant part. I don't think anyone is trying to attack Christians here, they're expressing how upset they are when they see Christian missionaries using such subversive tactics to gain converts. I brought this up to show that this is something that has been documented in independent media, and that the Muslims here aren't just making these things up. The rest of the documentary I've referenced is about Muslim converts to Christianity suffering reprisals from the Muslim community, if you watch the whole thing you'll see it's not pushing a pro-Muslim agenda at all.

FrontiersIreland is part of the Caleb Project.

Edited to fix link, hyperlink isn't working for some reason.

Edited by Kadaveri - 08 April 2008 at 4:05pm
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote LtTony Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 3:56pm

OK, I will check it out.  What is the "Caleb Project"?
Misbah  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 103
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Misbah Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 4:42pm

ok 1stly Salaam

You know that These so called people are going to Afghanistan and trying to convert Muslims, these missionaries were told to target the poor, the women and the children.

It was said that these three groups of people would be easy to convert as we all know why.

Now these Afghans are converting in exchange for money and a place to stay i.e Britain, once here, they just leg it and are never to be seen again!

Edited by Misbah - 08 April 2008 at 4:42pm
"Don’t be so humble - you ain't that great."
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by hamayoun

Scrugg

Point is, as muslims we are not allowed to use such tactics when spreading our message.
I understand that, hamayoun; but i think the real point is that there is absolutely no way in which one can validate this as being a real incident.
I know that there are many tactics deployed by some christians in order to make it seem like they aren't losing ground (the majority seem to be afraid of muslims and islam)...but honestly, i know you might disagree, it's my opinion that even before muslims are muslims and christians are christians and agnostics are agnostics, they are human beings and as such, are capable of resorting to such tactics the world over.
I do have to admit that based on my interaction with both muslims and christians, muslims seem to have more of a sense of integrity; though i in no way mean to imply that christians lack such a thing.

Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by boink

Originally posted by scruggnut

How do you guys know that the story boink related is true?
All of your statements seem to suggest a belief in what he says; but by my reckoning, boink just made statements...that doesn't constitute any proof at all.
Are you guys just predisposed to believe anything that portrays christianity in a negative light, and conversely, just as ready to belief anything that cast a positive light on islam (i've been here long enough to understand that believers are already predisposed to ignore anything that casts a harsh or critical light on that which they believe).

well you can always check it out by the way they were baptized on iligan city mindanao philippines about 30-40km away from marawi city (the only islamic city in the philippines)
My wife is originally from the island of mindanao.  On her mothers side, they own a durian farm.
I can check it out, sure; but that still doesn't prove anything at all.  It could all be a set-up...you never know.
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
Misbah  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 103
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Misbah Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:00pm

Well on the topic i was offered two slices of dry bread, 5 afghani's and a camel in exchange for converting to Christianity, I ate the bread, gave 5 afghani's to charity and slaughtered the camel and distributed its meats to the poor.

That's my story.

Edited by Misbah - 08 April 2008 at 5:01pm
"Don’t be so humble - you ain't that great."
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote LtTony Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 6:50pm

Who were these people that made this offer?  I'd like to hear the details on this reprehensible behavior.
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 7:12pm
Did you watch the clips Tony?
Giovanni  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Giovanni Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 7:34pm
   Sometimes I get free coffee and doughnuts after mass.
May the Love of God be With you.
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version