Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: The Growth of Islam Post Reply Post New Topic
Faris al-Farik  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Faris al-Farik Replybullet Topic: The Growth of Islam
    Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:02pm
Fellow Muslims:

Do NOT let Wilders' anti-Muslim film discourage you or slow you down! The facts and figures are in: Islam now is larger than Catholicism!

Here are some articles, to include the ever-reliable Fox News Network, and as they say "we report, you decide":

Islam is now the number one religion in the WORLD!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/religion/chi-largest-religionmar31,1,6850698.story?track=rss

And our most reliable news source- FOX news: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343336,00.html

Yet the American evangelical Christian community blunders on without any comprehension of what this mighty faith proclaims and teaches; many notable evangelical Christians cannot distinguish Islam from Hinduism or Buddhism, and hover somewhere between abject conceptual poverty and unreasoned hate!

All you Islam-haters, eat your heart out! Not only is Islam growing faster than Christainity around the world, it is actually the FASTEST in the United States!  There are well over 2000 mosques in North America, and between 7-8 million Muslims in the USA. Over 6000 Muslims serve in the US Armed Forces!

So much for Wilders and his film! I am certain that Wilders knows these figures and is very FEARFUL of Islam and its growth!

Feel free to disseminate widely among your circles.

Allah-u Akbar!

Faris al-Farik

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
MedGirl
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote MedGirl Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:37pm

Thanks to his film, its probably going to make Islam grow even more.

Edited by MedGirl - 08 April 2008 at 5:37pm
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 1:48am
Attacks on Islam with film, books, ... etc. lead to an increased level of public curiosity to read about Islam

I read that the translations of the Qur'an were in great demand since this film, and that many stores were out of stock in Holland

This article by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf was published a few days ago in the International Herald Tribune, which may be of interest 

Sheikh Hamza Yusuf's Article in The International Herald Tribune 

25 March 2008

Every time resources are deployed to spread disinformation, there is an attendant rise in the public's curiosity.

Already there are many who are interested in learning more about Islam. It is likely that their number will grow after this.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/25/opinion/edfilm3.php

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Nura  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nura Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 11:18am

Uhhmmm...you are all very optimistic, mashaAllah, but I don't think all these attacks are changing the situation of Muslims (especially european Muslims) for better. It is true that more people read the Qur'an, and some people even convert to islam, while others develope a fair attitude towards Muslims. But the greatest majority of people just watch Wilder's film, and eventually read something by Hirsi Ali to inform theirselves about Islam. I see it in my working place, among my co-workers: all of them are nice people and they don't discriminate me at all (I am the only Muslim) but still if they want to buy a book about Islam buy a "best seller", not the Qur'an or something written by a true Muslim scholar.

Also, if you read the comments under the artiles posted, you will understand what common readers think about Islam and Muslims. I bet, none of them has hurried to a book-shop to buy a Koran after reading those articles, rather they cry about the sad destiniy of Catholic contries when Church bells will be sostituted with the adhan.

Alhamdulillah some people come to islam and this is wonderful, but I think we european Muslims should prepare ourselves for a dark future - I have heard some historians comparing it with the beginning of the persecution of Jews in Europe. First cam the ideology, antisemitic books, antisemitic press...only after some decades came the first racist laws, and later the holocaust.

Edited by Nura - 09 April 2008 at 11:27am
Spare me the political events and power struggles, as the whole earth is my homeland and all men are my fellow countrymen. K.Gibran
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 12:27pm
I understand your worries sister, but Europeans are sensible and pragmatic people. Any large-scale campaign against Muslims in order to make them leave would hurt Europe itself before anyone else

Remember for example what happend in France a couple of years ago. All people would lose if there were major discrimination problems

As for readings about Islam, the more intellectual European are starting to find out the Truth through these events, whereas the average reader who has no time may only catch the headlines and may not experience a positive change towards Islam.

Let's hope for the best and try to be optimistic In-Shaa-Allah

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Nura  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nura Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 2:08pm
In-shaAllah brother!
Maybe I am too sensitive about this issue because I read Der Spiegel every week, which is considered the most "intellectual" German magazine, and almost every week they write something about the "islamisazion of Europe".
Now, these people are talking as if Muslims were coming to Europe with weapons and exterminate all Christians, or force them to convert to islam, or kidnap their children and make them Muslims. In the reality, Muslims make up less than 3% of the whole population, and most of them have much greater worries than the islamisazion of Europe.
If Muslims have larger families than Christians do, it is not part of a global strategy. And it is not Muslims who forcing "westerners" to have less children. So, the growth of the Muslim popultaion in the world is a fact, but there's no obscure plan behind it.
Spare me the political events and power struggles, as the whole earth is my homeland and all men are my fellow countrymen. K.Gibran
Faris al-Farik  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Faris al-Farik Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Nura

Uhhmmm...you are all very optimistic, mashaAllah, but I don't think all these attacks are changing the situation of Muslims (especially european Muslims) for better. It is true that more people read the Qur'an, and some people even convert to islam, while others develope a fair attitude towards Muslims. But the greatest majority of people just watch Wilder's film, and eventually read something by Hirsi Ali to inform theirselves about Islam. I see it in my working place, among my co-workers: all of them are nice people and they don't discriminate me at all (I am the only Muslim) but still if they want to buy a book about Islam buy a "best seller", not the Qur'an or something written by a true Muslim scholar.

Also, if you read the comments under the artiles posted, you will understand what common readers think about Islam and Muslims. I bet, none of them has hurried to a book-shop to buy a Koran after reading those articles, rather they cry about the sad destiniy of Catholic contries when Church bells will be sostituted with the adhan.

Alhamdulillah some people come to islam and this is wonderful, but I think we european Muslims should prepare ourselves for a dark future - I have heard some historians comparing it with the beginning of the persecution of Jews in Europe. First cam the ideology, antisemitic books, antisemitic press...only after some decades came the first racist laws, and later the holocaust.

Hi Nura: I hear your voice of realism amidst the good news that Islam is larger than Catholicism.

Like you, I am well aware of the conditions that led to the persecution and genocide of the Jewish people. Much of it was due to the fact that not many so-called good people did anything at all!

I do not believe that the Muslim situation in Europe today is akin to the Jewish situation in 1920s Europe, and while I believe that the ignorant will continue to fear and hate Muslims, nothing close to the Holocaust will ever be repeated. Look at today's Germany --- it appears that Germany fears itself more than anything else, hence its ridiculously liberal laws allowed the "Hamburg cell" to flourish and take shape into the horrific events of 9/11.

Regarding changing the people at your workplace to a positive image of Islam: I believe that it is your job to propagate the light of Islam by being an example!

Faris
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version