Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: A Simple Question Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote LtTony Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 7:21pm
"“We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us two.” Osama Bin Laden
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
struggle  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Other(Other)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote struggle Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by desertdude

Ok I'm trying to understand what ur saying .I appriciate the harsh analogy ,but The three Bosses are just that Bosses each a sperate entity .Which own and run The God Company .The GC is not really a seprate entity or even a thing .Its just what the three bosses call their Bussiness.

Ok lemme ask a EVEN simpler question Is there One God or there are three Gods ?

There is One God, but what is it to you when you admit the God the father but deny the kingdom of God? I don't know if I am coming the wrong way but hopefully you can answer me....
EYE FOR EYE
desertdude  
The Legendary King of the Desert
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote desertdude Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 7:55pm
Deny the kingdom of god ...what do you mean ?Or have you mistakenly referred to me instead of Tony .

Well if it is indeed me than I'm not sure what excatly your asking .How have I denied the kingdom of god ?
We r not the conspiracy theorists on this issue.It seems 2 me like 19 amateurs with box cutters taking over four airliners and hitting 75 % of their targets-that feels like a conspiracy theory.C.Sheen
struggle  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote struggle Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 8:27pm
I wasn't saying it specificly to you, I wanted to know what is it you when you admit God the father but don't include the kingdom of God? When speaking of kingdom it means: A political or territorial unit ruled by a sovereign. For us we call upon all three(father, the son and the holy spirit) in order for the kingdom to respond.
EYE FOR EYE
bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 8:45pm
Hi there, im sorry i missed your name i just looked at the column and as soon as i saw aetheist, i was quite intrigued..and you are on an Islam site...well i hope you are learning and if you have questions alot of pp are more than happy to answer for you. i believe in Allah and everything about him...all his prophets and teachings... at the same time i do not judge...you have the right to believe or not believe whatever you so choose...do you believe in any idols or shall isay do you worship satan or just dont beleive in God?? i cant say ive ever knowingly met an aetheist so im intersted in what your thoughts are and if something significant happened that made you to stop believing....by the way i am not a muslim yet i think like one but havent officially converted i guessyou could say... my lifestyle is not completely geared towards the the Islamic faith,i've made some changes but alot more to go....anyways i would really like some feedback on what you think....get back to me if you so choose..thanks
Salam Aleikum, my new mission statement:Why worry? God's in control...
desertdude  
The Legendary King of the Desert
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote desertdude Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 8:46pm
Ahh Ok then

Hey but wait a minute .here are two of your quotes from your last two posts and I dont think I'm quoting out of context

"There is One God" next post "For us we call upon all three"

Dint you just say there was only one

Ok If the father is considered to be God "The One "what are the other two ?
We r not the conspiracy theorists on this issue.It seems 2 me like 19 amateurs with box cutters taking over four airliners and hitting 75 % of their targets-that feels like a conspiracy theory.C.Sheen
struggle  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote struggle Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 9:25pm

you didn't answer my question and you misunderstood me. I was saying God is three in one all along.

EYE FOR EYE
Giovanni  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Giovanni Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 10:27pm
John 14: 1 - 12
1 "Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3 And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
4 And you know the way where I am going."
5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?"
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.
7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him."
8 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied."
9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves.
12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.

The Trinity is a mystery, there really is no way in our puny minds that we can explain God's nature other than what has been revealed to us by Jesus.  However many try, and I guess I don't blame you DD for asking.
  But, such is all you are going to get from any Christian, any analogies trying to explain it from man's perspective just puts a tiny dent into this mystery and at time bring up more questions.

May the Love of God be With you.
katy098  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote katy098 Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 10:34pm

Desertdude:

“In simple an layman terms, give me a worldy example of the trinity”

Answer: Impossible!

We as humans, have limited knowledge, thus when trying to explain the Trinity we should understand that using analogies will not completely explain the trinity, which is who God is. God created us and the laws which governs each one of us. Therefore we can not explain God, who is much above us, using what he created and the physical laws he gave us. Yes, 1+1+1 is not 1, but God isn’t a number.

This are the mystery of the Christian faith- How is God one, and yet triune; but as one of my favorite saying goes, ‘With God anything is possible’.

Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by desertdude

Ok I'm trying to understand what ur saying .I appriciate the harsh analogy ,but The three Bosses are just that Bosses each a sperate entity .Which own and run The God Company .The GC is not really a seprate entity or even a thing .Its just what the three bosses call their Bussiness.

Ok lemme ask a EVEN simpler question Is there One God or there are three Gods ?

Yeah its just what noun we attribute to the company. If we can see beyond the noun God.  There is only one God, the Three have always existed in this nature, never apart and never in imbalance a co-eternal divine harmony.
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2008 at 11:22pm
This are the mystery of the Christian faith- How is God one, and yet triune; but as one of my favorite saying goes, ‘With God anything is possible’.

Hi Katy and welcome to our forum!  If what you are saying is the case, does that not imply that God wants us to believe in something beyond our rationale?  And if so, how can this be fair?
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2008 at 2:46am
Originally posted by katy098

Therefore we can not explain God, who is much above us, using what he created and the physical laws he gave us.

Hi Katy.

Welcome to WhyIslam.

If we cannot explain God, who created us, making us a father, mother, son or daughter, then how can we say God has a son? By saying God has a son, aren't we appying the same law by which He creates, to Him?

In life, be like a traveller. Take only what you need
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2008 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Giovanni

The Trinity is a mystery, there really is no way in our puny minds that we can explain God's nature...

By that very same logic, how then can we say God has a son? We can't even explain His nature, yet we dare say He has a son?

Isn't it more appropriate to say "God is one", period? Isn't that what was taught to us all?

Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2008 at 2:59am
Noah said, "Our God is one God".
Abraham said, "Our God is one God".
Jacob said, "Our God is one God".
Joseph said, "Our God is one God".
Moses said, "Our God is one God".

All the biblical prophets said "Our God is one God".

None said "Our God is one, but his nature is 3".

Where did that come from?

Peace be upon all the prophets.

<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version