Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: observations so far Post Reply Post New Topic
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Topic: observations so far
    Posted: 18 April 2008 at 6:10pm
This may end up coming out all disjointed and such, but I just feel it needs to be said. 

The changes to the forum were to try to make it a better more pleasant place, right?  Well so far it seems that we've all fallen back to our old ways.  I'm not excluding myself here either.

Why is it that we all have to respond to each other in such a snide, sarcastic and horrible way?  Especially across interfaith lines?  I realize that this is the internet and we are more bold and daring when we type than when we speak to someone, but lets remember why we are here.  We are here to represent our faith and our understanding of it.  Not to one up each other, not to call each other names, not to belittle each others ideas.  Is it really worth it? 

Religion is a very difficult thing to discuss, we all know that.  Lets try to treat each other as we would if we were all sitting around a living room having tea... where if you said something really obnoxious you could see the hurt you caused the other person for that brief moment.

Like I said, I don't exclude myself from this either.  At one time or another we are all guilty of it.

Salam
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version