Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: already in the process.... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Topic: already in the process....
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:29pm
 Salam Aleikum to all, it has been brought to my attention in Canada where i happen to live, the goverment is in the works of passing a bill that will shut down all health food stores and any vitamins such as vit C, echineacea, calcium, any vitamin you name it, will be available to the public by prescription only..... a tad money hungry dare i say??? even if i want chamomile tea this will no longer be over the counter!! its considered a "herb"..... this gov't has really lost its marbles now...my word.... a prescription for vitamins??? whats next??? a prescription for women's hygiene produts??? really.... any thought or feedback if anyone keeps up to date with canadian laws and govt happenings????

Quick note:if theres any naturalists out there who live off the earth, it was also brought to may attention that any ailment we have there are cures in fruits and vegetable, their seeds,and leaves and such....but for those who dont know any different and take vitamins on a daily basis... we'll see what transpires.......    Inshallah
Salam Aleikum, my new mission statement:Why worry? God's in control...
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:45pm
Better stock up on chamomile tea...
No Self-Vote Allowed.   IP IP Logged
bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:01pm
Hahaha...rachel very funny, no but seriously..... and actually i dont even drink chamomile tea but i do take vitamins......what about all the other stuff these health food stores sell?? they have great cleansers for your intestines for women especially, to cleanse your kidneys and liver??? now probably replaced with some weirdo outter space drugs where the side effects wont even be worth taking the vitamins...... oh well no sense complaining.....no one listens anyways!!!!!!!  
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:06pm
Salam

Where did you hear this?
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:30pm
Salam Hamayoun, my friend e-mailed it to me, i just checked my inbox i erased it by accident i asked her to resend it to me..... i saw it though, it had the bill legilation number on it and everything....it was like bill C-71 of something to this effect...when i get the proper address i will post on here or pm you and you can check it out also....pretty crazy huh??
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:32pm
Salam

Has all the makings of an email hoax
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:04pm
Salam Hamayoun, i dont think so but when i get it i will send to you, also when she was in a shopping mall she was in a health store and they asked her to sign a petition so sounds legit.... they are threatening/wanting to close down all health stores...and the vitamin by prescription only??who knows....how else could we buy them if they are no over the counter???
bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:41am
Salam to everyone, if you have interest or would like to check the crediblity of my post i will post a website and you can look for yourself if you so choose. thank you.

scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2008 at 11:10am
I believe that such a thing is occurring, though i'm not quite sure why they are proposing such steps.
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:02pm
Salam, hi scruggnut, well i am in somewhat confusion too, but,  what i can with complete certainty or without any shadow of a doubt is that in the end it comes down to more money for the govt. If i go to a drugstore and purchase a bottle of vit C, depending on whether it is name brand or not for sake of arguement lets say, its $7.99-$10.99 in that general range, now, if this passes i will have to go my doctor to get a prescrition for vit C which will then cost me more as i will be paying for the vitamins themselves, the cost to fill the prescription and im sure whatever cut the doctor gets when you have it filled (perhaps a thank you fron the pharamceutical companies in the form of a monatary gift)  so that price of vit C just went form say $7.99 to $18.99-$20 because of the middle men involved. All i can say is first off, Inshallah, and secondly there is a saying that goes way back and perhps you have seen on bumper stickers... the Lord giveth and the government taketh away......
scruggnut  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote scruggnut Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:46pm
Sure, i agree...everything is usually about money according to business and governments.
Waiting an eternity for an apology from one who never apologizes but always demands one.
Abu Usama  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Abu Usama Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2008 at 2:22pm
Salam, hi bcgirl, I agreed that we've to protest and hold rallies in every major cities. Bumper stickers is also a good idea and what about the buttons?. I'm also suggesting to write letters to the local press. What's more??
bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2008 at 2:46pm
Salaam Abu Usama, another canadian, great!!! actually my friend knows more about the issue i can ask her more details and see what has been transpiring lately, im assuuming you have checked the websites i have posted??? thers an online petition you can sign as well i should have that im my private email i check and get back to you.....if you live near a mall just go into a health store and see what they say??!!!!  

Okay, i have the petiton..here as follows:

Edited by bcgirl - 26 May 2008 at 2:50pm
Abu Usama  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Abu Usama Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:20pm
Salaam, Yes I already signed "Stop Bill C-51". Here in Windsor ON we've 'Windsor Peace Coalition' and I'll float this idea over there to hold a Rally in Windsor.
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version