Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Islamic Book Reviews Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
stan  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote stan Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2009 at 8:17am
This torrent includes

Abdurraheem Green - Moses Jesus Muhammad Three Prophets One Message - 56 minutes
http://www.islamsgreen.org/

Hamza Yusuf - Life of Prophet Muhammad - 24CDs
http://www.zaytuna.org/
http://www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/the-life-of-the-prophet-muhammad-hamza-yusuf-cassette-set- cd.html
Hamza Yusuf - Last Sermon of The Prophet (PBUH)
Yasir Qadhi - Life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Lessons & Morals - 13CDs
http://www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/life-of-prophet-muhammad-lessons-and-morals-yasir-qadhi- cd.html
Martin Lings - Seerah - Based on Earliest Sources - 5CDs
http://www.soundvision.com/shop/pview.asp?item=710-081
Yahya Ibrahim - Tearful Moments of the Prophets Life - 6CDs
http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/main.mvc? Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Dus&Product_Code=MH02&Category_Code=
Suhaib Webb - Mothers of believers 11CDs
http://www.astrolabe.com/product/1020/Mothers_of_the_Believers:_Lives_of_the_Wives_of_Prophet_Muh ammad.html
(CD4 is missing)
Khalid Yasin - Muhammad Man and his Message
http://multimedia.challengeyoursoul.com/showproduct.php?productid=32
Hesham Awadi - Children Around the Prophet 8CDs
http://www.soundvision.com/shop/pview.asp?item=7510-017
Ahmed Deedat
Muhammed(Pbuh) The Natural Successor To Christ
What The Bible Says About Muhammed
http://www.ahmed-deedat.co.za/

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 14 March 2010 at 1:30am
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 March 2009 at 12:28pm
The Problem with Interest - Tarek El-Diwany (UK)

Review by the American Journal of Islamic Finance
Second edition reviewed by M. Syed Hoque
April 2004

This is a well-researched, practical and comprehensive book on the flaws of the conventional fractional reserve banking system based on riba (interest). Some background in finance is assumed, and yet it is accessible to the lay-person who wants to understand the history of money, the eradication of gold as a legal tender and store of wealth, why certain Islamic financial products are in the early stages of implementation, and why others are not fully Sharia'a compliant yet.

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

zeshan
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote zeshan Replybullet Posted: 12 March 2009 at 1:51pm

i don't understand ...what islamic literature is...

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2009 at 9:55pm

Don't Be Sad - A Book about Happiness

By Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni - Book Excerpts

This website contains a few books excerpts from the very popular book by Sheikh Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni.

You can select the various topics of the book on the left side.

This book contains numerous tips to help you ward off depression, have a positive outlook of life, provides new perspectives on happiness and many more topics for a person to lead a physically and mentally healthy life.

Tips presented in this book are from an Islamic perspective and will provide the reader insights into the religion of Islam about providing guidance on living a happy life

http://www.dont-be-sad-alqarni.com/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 March 2010 at 1:27am

Way to the Qur'an

by Khurram Murad

(Khurram Murad (1932-1996) was an intellectual and scholar of Islam. He served as Director General of the The Islamic Foundation, based in United Kingdom)

The Eternal and Living Reality

The Qur'an is the word of the Ever-living God; it has been sent down to guide man for all times to come. No book can be like it. As you come to the Qur'an, God speaks to you. To read the Qur'an is to hear Him, even to converse with Him, and to walk in His ways. It is the encounter of life with the Life-giver. 'God - there is no god but He, the Ever-living, the Self-subsisting (by whom all subsist). He has sent down upon you the Book with the Truth ... as a guidance unto mankind ...' (Quran 3: 2-3).

For those who heard it for the first time from the lips of the Prophet, blessings and peace be on him, the Qur'an was a living reality. They had absolutely no doubt that, through him, God was speaking to them. Their hearts and minds were therefore seized by it. Their eyes overflowed with tears and their bodies shivered. They found each word of it deeply relevant to their concerns and experiences, and integrated it fully into their lives. They were completely transformed by it both as individuals and as a corporate body - into a totally new, alive and life-giving entity ...

http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC1003-4116

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

FethullahGulen  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote FethullahGulen Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:57pm
I watched Abdurrahman Green and must say that the way he talks is awesome. Especially the one in which he talks about Coca Cola Muslim Generation :) You ll love it.
searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 19 June 2010 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

Don't Be Sad - A Book about Happiness By Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni - Book Excerpts

This website contains a few books excerpts from the very popular book by Sheikh Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni.

You can select the various topics of the book on the left side.

This book contains numerous tips to help you ward off depression, have a positive outlook of life, provides new perspectives on happiness and omany more topics for a person to lead a physically and mentally healthy life.

Tips presented in this book are from an Islamic perspective and will provide the reader insights into the religion of Islam about providing guidance on living a happy life

[COLOR=#990000 size=2">http://www.dont-be-sad-alqarni.com/[/COLOR">

I have the English version of this book. It was recommended to me by the owner of a small, family owned Islamic bookstore. I have a Muslim friend who has it in Arabic, the original language it was written in. I haven't finished the book but it has been helpful to me and I'm not even Muslim. Some of the things that are taught in the book are the same things I've learned in counseling. Staying in the present, being patient, looking at the bright side. It is very very helpful in the stressful lives we tend to live. I highly recommend it to anyone who feels a bit stressed or down, Muslim or non-Muslim. I liked it so much that I even looked up the publishers website and ordered 5 more books.

Edited by searching - 19 June 2010 at 3:15am
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 June 2010 at 3:49am
It's an excellent book, and it's easy to read as it goes in small sections

One can read a page or two each day, and get a lot of benefit out of it, rather than reading a whole chapter of 20 or so pages at one go

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2010 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

It's an excellent book, and it's easy to read as it goes in small sections

One can read a page or two each day, and get a lot of benefit out of it, rather than reading a whole chapter of 20 or so pages at one go

That's very true.  Actually, the author suggests that this book not be read quickly in one sitting.  He recommends reading it little by little to give time to reflect on what you read.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 August 2010 at 2:32pm
I just finished reading this excellent book by Dr. Umer Chapra:

Muslim Civilization:
The Causes of Decline and the Need for Reform

The book looks at the history of Muslim Civilization, and the author uses the model of Ibn Khaldun, the founder of Sociology, in analyzing the reasons for decline.

One of the important conclusions is the need for political reform towards establishing Shura and Democracy, as the absence of accountability of Muslim rulers throughout the centuries was one of the main reasons for decline

It's an excellent book, highly recommended if you are interested in history and its analysis

These are a few reviews from the Amazon web site:

"This humane book is very well conceived and makes real progress towards achieving the laudable goals it advocates.... each chapter plays an effective role in explaining the decline and, therefore, conceiving of ways to achieve reform." Prof Robert Whaples.

"Dr Chapra's endeavour is outstanding, no less for its extremely ambitious goal) to explain the great historical mystery of why and how Muslims declined) than for its admirable actual achievement.... He has provided a coherent framework for analysis and reform for all those concerned with the Ummah revival and development." Prof Anas Zarqa

"Dr Chapra has chosen a subject of such relevance and importance respectively that one wonders why nobody else has dealt with it in book form before. (He) asks questions that most Muslims ask, while shying away from answering them." Dr Wilfried Hofmann"

http://www.amazon.com/Muslim-Civilization-Causes-Decline-Reform/dp/0860374610

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 07 August 2010 at 3:09am
Thank you for the recommendation.  I love reading, especially Islamic books.  I learn so much as this is so new to me.  I guess I'm like a little kid trying to absorb as much information as possible.  
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 August 2010 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by searching

Thank you for the recommendation.

You're welcome sister

Two Books You Must Read in Ramadan and Beyond

Imam Suhaib Webb has recommended these two books for personal development. Be sure to buy them now and read them during ramadan. May Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) bless and accept our efforts during this blessed month!

1) Islamic Manners (Awakening): Written by one of the outstanding scholars of the 20th Century, Islamic Manners is a vital book that exemplifies the sublime Islamic Personality.

Shaykh Abdul Fattah Abu Ghudda (1917-1997) was a leading scholar in the field of hadith and strove in not only narrating Prophetic traditions but also making them a living reality

2) In the Early Hours: Reflections on Spiritual and Self Development (Khurram Murad)

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/two-books-you-must-read-in-ramadan-and-beyond/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2010 at 2:57am

The lies about Muhammad: An answer to the book "the truth about Muhammad" [Paperback] by Moustafa Sayed

Brother Hamayoun posted about this book and highly recommended it in another section so I thought that I would post it here.  It is an answer to the book "The Truth About Muhammad," which was just a book that spread Islamophobia and lies.  If I remembered where Brother Hamayoun posted his review, I would put a link here, sorry. 

I intend to read this book as it is supposed to really shed light on where the Islamaphobia comes from and explains why it is incorrect.  I will post here again after reading it, God willing.

premeet01245  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Agnostic(Theist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote premeet01245 Replybullet Posted: 07 September 2010 at 5:18am
Originally posted by maghi85

How to win friends and influence people

by Dale Carnegie

yes... a very old title and widely read... i'm sure it's read by most of the forumers.
but what I found interesting in it that relates to the forum was that most if not all of the principles mentioned in it were from the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh.
It so happened that Carnegie statistically and by analyzing social behavior (i.e. science) arrived at the conclusions of the sunnah.
This could be another thread to hang on for people looking for proofs about Islam *wink* *wink*
I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. 
it's funny how the author outlines the benefits and the fruits of embodying the character of the Prophet pbuh in oneself without him even knowing it...
I would also recommend this for people struggling in relationships, and work.
even though it doesn't cover child-upbrining much at all but any reader of this book would start looking at their children with a more indepth, sincere, caring, and profound eye...

it could be a post-script to my post to thjenk where I mentioned how people came to Islam because of the character of the Prophet pbuh.

Thanks for shearing your information.....
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version