Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Islam Quiz!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Sword of sunna  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Sword of sunna Replybullet Posted: 07 July 2008 at 7:55am

What did the first one embrace islam ?

A-ABO-BAKIR
B-KADEJAH
C-umar Ibn elkataib.

Edited by Sword of sunna - 07 July 2008 at 5:24pm
Whenever a matter is shut down in front of you, you will not find a greater solution than saying; "Allah is sufficient for me. He is the Best Trustee, Disposer of affairs".
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Ted CharlotteNC  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ted CharlotteNC Replybullet Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:21pm
Amy I would have asked but wasn't sure if I was correct. I will do better next time.
Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. - Thomas Jefferson
Ted CharlotteNC  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ted CharlotteNC Replybullet Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Sword of sunna

A-ABO-BAKIR
B-KADEJAH
C-umar Ibn elkataib.

I'm sorry, I do not understand the question.
Maybe you mean "Who was the first to embrace Islam?"
Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. - Thomas Jefferson
Sword of sunna  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Sword of sunna Replybullet Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Ted CharlotteNC

Originally posted by Sword of sunna

A-ABO-BAKIR
B-KADEJAH
C-umar Ibn elkataib.

I'm sorry, I do not understand the question.
Maybe you mean "Who was the first to embrace Islam?"

Oh, yeah
Whenever a matter is shut down in front of you, you will not find a greater solution than saying; "Allah is sufficient for me. He is the Best Trustee, Disposer of affairs".
Ted CharlotteNC  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ted CharlotteNC Replybullet Posted: 08 July 2008 at 5:14pm
http://www.islam.com/chronology.htm
Looks like Abu-Bakr?

Revelation of the Holy Quran continues, Ministry of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is established. Hadrat Khadija (the wife), Hadrat Abu Bakr (the best friend), Hadrat Ali (the dearest cousin) and
Hadrat Zaid (a freed slave and adopted son), may Allah be pleased with
them all, accept Islam
Sword of sunna  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Sword of sunna Replybullet Posted: 08 July 2008 at 5:31pm
Yeah..
The First one embraced Islam was" Kadija "-may Allah be pleased with here".

Edited by Sword of sunna - 08 July 2008 at 5:33pm
Ted CharlotteNC  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ted CharlotteNC Replybullet Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:28am
ok looks like I missed it on speeling differences, I was not smart enough to figure it out. Looks like it is Sword's turn to ask question.
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 09 July 2008 at 12:53pm
what limb/organ did the prophet mention that if spoiled the entire body is spoiled and if fixed the entire body is fixed?

a. tongue
b.  feet
c.  mind
d.  eyes
e.  face
f.   heart
g.  hands
h.  stomach
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 09 July 2008 at 1:07pm
just a personal comment desperately wanting to come out...
i find Catholics closer to true Islam than other denominations of Christianity
and I think it's because of their high veneration and esteem for prophets and saints. they have a sense of modesty and humility before them and they just love hailing Mary.
Muslims too hail Mary whenever they mention her blessed name. she is considered to be the purest of the pure in Islam.

"Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations."
"O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down." 3:42 & 43

"Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?" She said: "From Allah: for Allah Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure." 3:37
Ted CharlotteNC  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ted CharlotteNC Replybullet Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:17am
Originally posted by maghi85

what limb/organ did the prophet mention that if spoiled the entire body is spoiled and if fixed the entire body is fixed?

a. tongue
b.  feet
c.  mind
d.  eyes
e.  face
f.   heart
g.  hands
h.  stomach

I would guess d. eyes....
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:19am
i'll give you a hint
where do you perceive what you see?
two people may see the same thing but interpret it differently
why so?
"True religion invites us to become better people. False religion tells us that this has already occurred" - T.J. Winters
Old is Gold
Ted CharlotteNC  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ted CharlotteNC Replybullet Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:37am
Originally posted by maghi85

just a personal comment desperately wanting to come out...
i find Catholics closer to true Islam than other denominations of Christianity
and I think it's because of their high veneration and esteem for prophets and saints. they have a sense of modesty and humility before them and they just love hailing Mary.
Muslims too hail Mary whenever they mention her blessed name. she is considered to be the purest of the pure in Islam.

"Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations."
"O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down." 3:42 & 43

"Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?" She said: "From Allah: for Allah Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure." 3:37

Since I have been in this forum I have been treated kind. In my case, specifically I have been treated better by Muslims than others that say they are Christian, but it seems a lot better than when i was here last time. So from my perspective, it is the way I have been personally treated.

So thank you whyislam.com
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 11 July 2008 at 5:21pm
oh well... i guess every one quits

the answer is f. the heart

the Prophet -pbuh said "there is an organ in the body which if spoiled the entire body spoiled and if fixed the entire body is fixed and that organ is the heart"

it is true; the heart is where arrogance lies but the heart is also where humility lies
the heart is where selfishness lies but the heart is also where selflessness lies
the heart is where hate lies but the heart is also where loves lies

Edited by maghi85 - 11 July 2008 at 5:25pm
"True religion invites us to become better people. False religion tells us that this has already occurred" - T.J. Winters
Old is Gold
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 11 July 2008 at 5:22pm
here's another one

the prophet pbuh said, "actions are (judged by God) by their ______ "

a. quantity
b. intentions
c. continuity

hint* it's the hadith with which most hadith scholars start their compilation books of hadit
Old is Gold
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version