Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: What happened to Jesus? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
rosepetal_630  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote rosepetal_630 Replybullet Topic: What happened to Jesus?
    Posted: 12 June 2008 at 7:36pm

He wasn't crucified according to your belief. Did someone else die in his place? Is he dead now?

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
meedo  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote meedo Replybullet Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:05pm
Hello,

The Quran simply states that he wasnt crucified but it appeared to the crowd that he was , the Quran also states that he was raised to God.

There is no details that somebody else or not was crucified. This is more of a conclusion that what the Quran says. Jesus now is not dead but he is with God and not with us .

best regards,

meedo
rosepetal_630  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote rosepetal_630 Replybullet Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:17pm
So did another person die in his place? When did Allah raise Jesus?
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Posted: 12 June 2008 at 9:37pm
Surah An Nisa

And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not (i.e. Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ):

158 But Allah raised him (Iesa (Jesus)) up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allah is Ever AllPowerful, AllWise.
www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:20pm
The question is: what happened to Jesus, then?

And the answer is “Allah raised him up to Himself.” That is to say, Jesus was physically lifted up and thus was saved from the curse of a death on the cross ...

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

whirlingEcstasy  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whirlingEcstasy Replybullet Posted: 13 June 2008 at 6:02am

hi,

i hope this can help you inshaallah

http://www.jamaat.net/crux/crucifixion.html

Slave of ibn Arabi, Muqallid of Shaykh Sayed Abdul Qadir Al Gailany alaihira7ma wa ridhwan
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 15 June 2008 at 9:23am

Hello

Here is a usefull index to the Qur'an by topic.

if you look for J (for Jesus) you can find all verses mentioning Jesus or 
related topic such as Descibles, Resurrected, etc...

Exalted is your Lord, the Lord of might, above what they describe. And peace upon the messengers. And praise to Allah, Lord of the worlds. 37:180-182
starlight777  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Christian(Protestant)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote starlight777 Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2008 at 3:49am
can you give some historical references about jesus except the example from quran?because quran isn't our scripture.thank you

Edited by starlight777 - 16 June 2008 at 3:53am
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
whirlingEcstasy  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whirlingEcstasy Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2008 at 5:16am
Originally posted by starlight777

can you give some historical references about jesus except the example from quran?because quran isn't our scripture.thank you

JESUS PRAYS FOR RESCUE

". . . and began to be sorrowful and very depressed. Then saith he unto them, ‘my soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even unto death' . . ."

"And he went a little further, and fell on his face (Exactly as the Muslim does in Salaat), and prayed, saying, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt."
(This is the quality of a good Muslim who submits his will to the will of God).

(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 26: 37-39

"And being in an agony, he prayed more earnestly;
and his sweat was, as it were, great drops of blood falling down to the ground’’

(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 22:44

Slave of ibn Arabi, Muqallid of Shaykh Sayed Abdul Qadir Al Gailany alaihira7ma wa ridhwan
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2008 at 5:41am

Hi light,

The point is that, sometime after Jesus Christ, Christians have diverted from the true teachings of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). and they said Jesus is God and interpreted son of God literally, and came up with the concept of the Trinity.

They were mislead and they mislead many people after them. They even tampered with the scripturefor different reasons.

Many Bible scholars do admit that certain parts of the Bible are 'fabrications.

I refer you to the debate between Ahmad Deedat & Jimmy Swagart available on the net

God send His Last Prophet Mohammad with the Last revelation

(fyi, the coming of Mohammad was foretold by Jesus)

Mohammad & the Quran are for all mankind, and you can study how it was preserved verse by verse and word by word. Only one copy in the whole world.

The concept of Trinity is very similar to some pagan beliefs at the time, they have their own version of the Trinity, just different names are used.

No prophet ever said that God is going to send His so called "begotten son"

Jesus is a Prophet, and those who persecuted Him will be questioned.

And those who tampered with the scripture will be questioned.

Exalted is your Lord, the Lord of might, above what they describe. And peace upon the messengers. And praise to Allah, Lord of the worlds. 37:180-182
starlight777  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote starlight777 Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2008 at 7:34am
i watch some videos of ahmed deedat.but i think i need more prove.anyway we christian later altered bible still no one couldn't prove it to me.thanks
starlight777  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote starlight777 Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2008 at 7:39am
very good mr.ecstasy,but if everything is clear in bible then why we need quran?you gave some references from holy bible.and later explaned it in ur own way (like what muslims do)then why allah send the quran?wasn't the bible enough for muslims?

Edited by starlight777 - 16 June 2008 at 7:41am
whirlingEcstasy  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whirlingEcstasy Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:33am

very good mr.ecstasy,but if everything is clear in bible then why we need quran?you gave some references from holy bible.and later explaned it in ur own way (like what muslims do)then why allah send the quran?wasn't the bible enough for muslims?

I gave it for reference of some one who asked for details from the bible and do not depend on it myself for any evidence.

If you are unable to answer in terms of proofs, at least do not try to evade a discussion using such silly excuses.

And speaking of the bible, where is the bible really ? Can u show me at least one copy of the original bible in its original language.

Edited by whirlingEcstasy - 16 June 2008 at 8:35am
whirlingEcstasy  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whirlingEcstasy Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:36am

i watch some videos of ahmed deedat.but i think i need more prove.anyway we christian later altered bible still no one couldn't prove it to me.thanks

Have you ever seen the Bible or r u reading the translation of the Bible.

Just answer me what was the original name of Jesus and by what name did he call God ?

Do you know the true name of your god ?
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version