Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Islamic Teachings - Dr. Jamal Badawi (Canada) Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 13 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: Islamic Teachings - Dr. Jamal Badawi (Canada)
    Posted: 30 June 2008 at 5:01pm
This thread is a continuation of an earlier thread on this same topic with many learning resources available in the archives at this URL:

Western historians believe that Europe hit rock bottom in regards to its social, economic and moral standards in the 6th and the 7th centuries.

Historians believe that it was an age not of war or robbery but of extreme famine and total chaos.

Why was the light of civilization waning and near extinction? How could a great civilization become so miserable that money was the only remaining value?

To get answers to these questions and more, listento Dr. Jamal Badawi's 4 minute audio.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1213871311867&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 July 2008 at 4:57pm

Can Muslims and Christians be Friends?

A Recent Debate at the Convention Center of Tulsa - Oklahoma

Dr. Jamal Badawi & Rev. Reza Safa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBWTJkKujI

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 September 2008 at 5:00pm

Social Relationships in Islam

Islamic point of view, if friendship is based on love of God and commitment to the faith, then it will be blessed; however, if it is based on trivial factors, then it is not likely to last. In addition to this, both the Qur'an and the Prophetic tradition contain warnings against friendship with people who may take the believer away from the straight path of truth rather than help him to become a better believer.

Prophet Muhammad said,

"Individuals follow the same way of life and thinking as their close friends, therefore let each of you be careful about who he is taking as his close friend"

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Faris al-Farik  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Faris al-Farik Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2008 at 3:23pm
When I took my Shahada, an experienced Saudi Muslim referred me to Dr Jamal Badawi, and I took his Islam 101 Class. (Available FREE.)

While not a scholar, nor pretending to be one, this Canadian manages to enlighten and inspire Muslims.

I highly recommend Dr Badawi's viewpoint on so many subjects. His moderation and good sense is of great need in today's world.

Thanks, Al-Cordoby for reviving interest in Dr Badawi.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 2:35pm

The Essence of Ramadan

Like other Islamic injunctions, the benefits of Ramadan are not limited to either "spiritual" or "temporal" elements of life. In Islam, the spiritual, social, economic, political and psychological intermingle in a consistent and cohesive whole. For convenience of presentation, the significance of fasting is discussed under four subheadings; spiritual and moral, psychological, social, and physical and medical.

Spiritual and Moral Elements

1- Above all, fasting is an act of obedience and submission to Allah the Almighty. Submission and commitment is based upon love for Almighty Allah and earnest effort to gain His pleasure and avoid His displeasure. If this is the only reason for fasting, it surely suffices.

2- Fasting is an act acknowledging Allah the Almighty as the Only Master and Sustainer of the universe. It is only through His bounties that we have our existence and sustenance.

3- Fasting is an act of atonement for our errors and mistakes, as the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"Whoever fasts (the month of) Ramadan on the basis of faith and seeking (the pleasure of Allah), his past errors are forgiven." (Ahmad)

4- Fasting trains the believer in taqwa (piety and fear of Allah). If one volunteers to refrain from lawful food and sex, he or she will be in a better position to avoid unlawful things and acts.

5- Fasting trains the believer in sincerity. Unlike other acts of worship, it is entirely based on self-restraint. Others can never know for sure if the person is fasting or if he broke the fast in secret. Self-restraint requires a high degree of sincerity and faithfulness.

6- Fasting teaches other virtues. Fasting does not exclusively mean refraining from food and drink. Essentially it means refraining from all vice and evils. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "If one does not abandon falsehood in words and deeds, Allah has no need for his abandoning his food and drink." (Al-Bukhari)

7- The spirit of Ramadan with its nightly voluntary prayer (called Salat Al-Qiyam or Tarawih Prayer) and frequent recitations and study of the Glorious Qur'an provides a chance for spiritual revival (a kind of annual spiritual overhaul).

8- Fasting is a form of jihad (striving for Allah). It teaches self-discipline and enhances one's ability to master his needs and desires rather than be enslaved by them.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/Ramadan/Heart_Softening/Softening/16.shtml

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2008 at 5:13pm
Muslim / Non-Muslim Relations

Commonly Misunderstood Qur'anic Texts- Dr Jamal Badawi (1/7)

An excellent talk by Dr. Badawi

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2008 at 2:10am

Ramadan's Four Elements

Like other Islamic injunctions, the benefits of Ramadan are not limited to either "spiritual" or "temporal" elements of life.

In Islam, the spiritual, social, economic, political, and psychological intermingle in a consistent and cohesive whole

For convenience of presentation, the significance of fasting is discussed under four subheadings: spiritual and moral, psychological, social, and physical and medical. ...

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1221461431996&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 September 2008 at 1:49pm

Muslims in the West

A talk by Dr. Badawi on the role of Muslims in non-Muslim societies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-DhL3oLiuU

(31 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2008 at 2:54pm
NEW WHY ISLAM Interviews with Dr. Badawi

Introducing the Qur'an - Part 1

(8 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 October 2008 at 2:23pm
NEW WHY ISLAM Interviews with Dr. Badawi

Islam & Co-Existence - Part 1

(5 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Deserves2Die  
Mureed
Mureed
Forum Rating: 128
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Deserves2Die Replybullet Posted: 09 October 2008 at 2:31pm
Who is this Guy in the Video? The one talking the interview?
Propagate Islam, atleast Once DAILY
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2008 at 10:49pm

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 October 2008 at 1:09am

Will Jesus Return?

Do Muslims believe in the second coming of Jesus? When will that be? What are the similarities and differences between the Muslim and Christian belief regarding the second coming of Jesus?

To know the answer to these questions, listento Dr. Jamal Badawi's short talk about the second coming of Jesus

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1223905227438&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2008 at 10:40pm

Spiritual Rejuvination and Ramadan

A Friday Speech by Dr. Jamal Badawi

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv7N7oSuDfI

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TLTkvR5d94

Though Ramadan is over, spiritual rejuvination is year round

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version