Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Islamic Teachings - Dr. Jamal Badawi (Canada) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 November 2008 at 11:32am
Buying a Car or a Home without Riba (Interest):

Economic Challenges for Muslims in America

(10 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 November 2008 at 11:17pm
Walking in Prophet Abraham's Footsteps

For Muslims, Hajj is a re-enactment of journeys of Prophet Abraham and his family during his life. Every year Muslims from different parts of the world travel to Makkah to walk in Prophet Abraham's footsteps.

Muslims view Hajj as a reminder that life on this earth is more like a journey that will eventually end to a final abode.

To understand more about Hajj, listen to Dr. Jamal Badawi's three minute talk

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 November 2008 at 11:02pm

Interaction between Men and Women

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQrGQYhg1NE

A 9 minutes extract from a talk by Dr. Badawi

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 November 2008 at 11:49am
A Talk on Zakah by Dr. Jamal

(Friday Speech - Part 1 - 9 Minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 November 2008 at 12:47pm
Ask about Islam

Transcript of a recent Q&A Session with Dr. Badawi on Islam On-Line held last Wednesday

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:49pm

Hajj Rites Explained by Dr. Badawi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGCLYwRm0Os

Part 1/6 - Audio

(9 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 December 2008 at 10:25pm

Secrets of Success - Part 1 Importance of Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN3w_StoY4w

Part 1/6 - around 9 minutes

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2008 at 12:56am

Islam's Contribution to Civilization

(10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2008 at 11:06pm
Preservation of the Qur'an

(Brief part of Dr. Badawi's Talk)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:59pm

General Fatwa Session

IOL - 21 December 2008

Q: I am a teenage girl. I want to know if boyfriends are halal or haram?

A: Islam recognizes the fact that there is a natural attraction between men and women. It also provides a legitimate and wholesome way to satisfy this human desire. Such a way must be within the limits of the morality of a Muslim.

The idea of boyfriend or girlfriend seems to run contrary to this moral orientation and the due caution in the interaction between men and women. It is also a very slippery road where some people convince themselves that it is only a matter of friendship and soon things get out of control and with disastrous effect on the future of parties involved in this life and the hereafter.

It is for that reason that Allah did not only forbid adultery and fornication but He did forbid also the actions that may lead to such mortal sins including the prohibition of free and unrestricted mixing men and women, and more seriously the khalwa or privacy between men and women who are not lawful to each other.

May Allah help you to maintain your chastity and purity and reward you with a good future husband.

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa/english/Browse.asp?hGuestID=GGIAIn

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2008 at 11:39pm

Islamic View of the Universe

by Dr. Jamal Badawi

Islam considers the environment as a personal trust and not personal property. This is why the destruction or unwise use of the environment is regarded as a moral crime.

http://discover.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1154235120409&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rashadi  
Freshman
Freshman

Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rashadi Replybullet Posted: 25 December 2008 at 5:09am
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

Can Muslims and Christians be Friends?

A Recent Debate at the Convention Center of Tulsa - Oklahoma

Dr. Jamal Badawi & Rev. Reza Safa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBWTJkKujI

Salaam Aleykom,

I saw the debate and it was great except that Jamal Badawi didn't have time to rebuttal the last statements made by that lying pastor. This pastor claimed to be an "ex Muslim" yet had such a hard time with pronouncing simple Arabic terms. Even western reverts are better than that, come on please give me a break. I am an ex Christian originally from Iraq, I still speak my native language of Aramaic, and I don't lie and especially not when it comes to God. These people have no problem lying, etc when it comes to Islam. There are thousands of Christians in Iran and that is how he is a Christian. I bet he is not even ethnic Iranian but a Syriac speaking Christian who is originally from the Urmia region(north west Iran).

I would love to challenge this guy to a debate to expose him.

Rashad Kammo
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2008 at 12:06am
Dr. Badawi has hundreds of excellent talks explaining and teaching Islam to Muslims and also non-Muslims, in addition to debates

This article is on the very important topic of purity of intentions:

Improving the Quality of Sincerity (Ikhlas)

The first step to improve the quality of ikhlas is to make sure that your action is not prohibited by God. For example, a person cannot drink wine or rob a bank and say that he or she is doing it with a good intention. According to Islam, ends do not justify means; if a person has a noble objective then his or her intentions must also be noble.

Second is being conscious of God by realizing that God is present at all times and that He is aware of all your inner thoughts and motives. The Qur'an refers to this by saying what means:

[Say: "Whether ye hide what is in your hearts or reveal it, Allah knows it all: He knows what is in the heavens, and what is on earth. And Allah has power over all things.] (Aal `Imran 3:29)

Third is to develop the habit of giving some thought to any action before actually doing it. This includes, for example, seeking God's approval and pleasure when giving charity and not intending to impress people by it.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1154701741809&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 January 2009 at 12:41am

Main Ethical Questions

One of the definitions of the word “ethics” is the study and evaluation of human conduct. It is regarded as normative because it relates to certain basic ideals. Ethics can also be described as a field of study that focuses on the knowledge of good and evil, and the basis on which aspects of behavior should be evaluated.

Ethics and Life

Since the start of creation man has never ceased to contemplate the moral question of good and evil.

Nowadays technological advancement is peoples’ main concern, but progress in the field of ethics and morals is rarely considered. The relevance of morals to our daily life is so great that a lot of our present social, economic, and political problems are the result of our ethical problem.

This ethical problem leads to the breaking down of the family institution, subjecting it to problems such as, cohabitation (couples living together without legal or religious sanctions) and generation gaps.

In the name of “modernism,” some people have excluded morals from their dealings. They claim that honesty is meaningless unless there is benefit derived from it. Others stopped worshiping God in the name of “liberation,” and instead they worship false gods like worshipping wealth, power or expediency.

This disregard of the ethical problem led to many wars which caused a great deal of human suffering. The philosopher Jeffery Burton Russell commented on this problem, pointing out that it is unfair to say that man has descended to the level of beasts, as beasts only kill for food while people kill each other brutally and senselessly, which gives a clear indication of our dire need for ethics and morals in life

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1154526129635&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version