Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Islamic Teachings - Dr. Jamal Badawi (Canada) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 January 2009 at 11:40pm
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 January 2009 at 1:19pm

The Original Inhabitants of Palestine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbndFN00Ky4

(3 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:32am

Dialogue of Civilizations

A Talk by Dr. Badawi Given in Bahrain in 2002, on Muslim / Non-Muslim Relations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlLZHDlaITY&feature=PlayList&p=9D32B2E06C5FAF0B&index=0

(Part 1/14: 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2009 at 9:21am

Islamic Family: Secrets of Success

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GGN3zS5WrY

(Part 1/4 - 9 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2009 at 1:18pm

Islam: The Misunderstood Religion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6wWADYScy4

Part 1: Some Theological Questions

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2009 at 10:51pm
Every Word Counts

Courtesy Applies to All People

In Islam, courtesy of the word is not only prescribed to Muslims with regards to other Muslims. It applies for all people, as the Qur’an points out:

[And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam).] (Al-`Ankabut 29:46)

Therefore, Muslims should be courteous in their speech towards all people of all religions or philosophies

http://www.islamonline.net/english/introducingislam/Individual/article13.shtml

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 February 2009 at 8:36am

Paradise… Not My Cup of Tea

Q: What is the point of our existence and though the descriptions of Paradise sound good but no offence a little bit boring. So you're just happy in a garden for the rest of eternity, it just seems unimaginable ...

A: Who created this universe? Who am I? Why am I here on this planet? Do I have any mission on earth or do I just live and die like all other living beings? What will happen to me after I die? Is there such thing as eternal afterlife? If yes, what does it look like?

At the heart of these questions is the core question: do I believe in Allah or not? Even if I believe in Allah, what is my relationship with Him? Do I owe anything to Him? What are the consequences of believing in Him and obeying Him or rejecting Him and disobeying Him?

It is this question about "Allah" that has always been the core message of all prophets in human history. Any other question is based on this foundation. It is the most significant determinant of one's basic identity.

Since you believe in Allah already, I will move directly to address some of your specific questions.

1. How do we know that Islam is the true religion, a claim that is made also by followers of all religions?

Islam, in essence, is the message that Allah revealed to all prophets in history. The very term means to achieve peace with Allah, the One and Only Creator and Sustainer of the universe, inner peace, and peace and harmony with all the creation of Allah. Creation includes humans, animals, vegetation and the environments at large.

Such a comprehensive concept of peace embraces peace during our earthly lives and the ultimate and perfect peace in the life to come. Realization of peace requires an unqualified firm belief in Allah, deferring to His infinite and perfect wisdom and willingly committing one's life to serve Him. ....

More ....

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1226331243400&pagename=IslamOnline-English-AAbout_Islam%2FAskAboutIslamE%2FAskAboutIslamE

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:11pm

Property Rights in Islam

The right to own property is a part of human nature that is related to the instinct for survival and self preservation. However, the nature of this right and its limits has undergone changes throughout history and in different places .....

Levels of Property Rights

In Islam, there are several different levels of property rights. There are certain things owned by God that humans have no access to, such as the planets. Other properties are "common properties", which are owned by the entire human race like oceans, which are not individual properties. Within any country, community or society, there are certain properties owned jointly between the community at large, sometimes called "common land”.

There is also the type of property which is in the possession of one particular individual or a number of individuals. These are all properties that people own with duties and responsibilities which are imposed on this property, and within the restrictions of Islamic law. However, all these properties belong to God and the levels of property are just a matter of convenience and classification.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1154235105765&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:58pm
The Prophet: Life In his household  

Dr. Jamal Badawi is "Professor Emeritus" at St. Mary;s University in Halifax, Canada, where he served as Professor of both Management and Religious Studies.

In this engaging interview Jamal Badawi discusses how we can learn from the life of Prophet in his household.

Click here to listen

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 March 2009 at 10:41pm

On Muslim Minorities

Thursday, Mar 19, 2009

Q:  I converted to islam a year ago but none of my family are muslim. I have had many discussions and debates with them about islam, i have given them books, sent emails, invited them to mosques/lectures and i try my best every day to treat them the best i can and have regularly contact with them to show them islamic behaviour. Despite this none of them are interested in islam and majority reject it.

I know it is not my job to 'make' them muslim although i have a duty to convey the message and true meaning which i try with all sincerity and remember them in all my prayers, however i really worry about them i am scared what will happen to them i don't want them to die in disbelief although i know ultimately this is not my decision. I am doing everything i can, what else can i do to try and show them the true islam and am i right to worry about them so much?

A: First, I pray to Allah to continue to bless you with the bounty of iman( faith). I also commend you for your compassionate sentiment towards your relatives and for loving goodness for others is a sign of good iman. However, the Prophet, peace be upon him, did not succeed in bringing his beloved uncle, Abu Talib, to Islam, and the Qur’an speaks about that in surat al-qasas, verse 56.

Please keep in mind that sometimes in our earnest desire to help our loved ones we may appear to them as “too pushy”. So relax a little bit and let things take their due course.

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa/english/Browse.asp?hGuestID=yAUh84

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 March 2009 at 11:19pm

The Prophet's Campaign

Coming up (Sunday 22 March 2009):

Why do I Love Muhammad?

http://www.islamonline.net/livedialogue/english/Browse.asp?hGuestID=4kR6t5

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 22 March 2009 at 10:06pm

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2009 at 1:35pm

Women: The Spiritual Aspect

The Qur’an provides clear-cut evidence that woman is completely equated with man in the sight of God in terms of her rights and responsibilities. The Qur’an states what means:

[...So their Lord accepted their prayers, (saying): I will not suffer to be lost the work of any of you whether male or female. You proceed one from another...] (Aal `Imran 3:195).

[Whoever does good whether male or female and he is a believer, We will most certainly make him live a happy life, and We will most certainly give them their reward for the best of what they did.] (An-Nahl 16:97).

Woman according to the Qur’an is not blamed for Adam’s first mistake. Both were jointly wrong in their disobedience to God, both repented, and both were forgiven. In one verse in fact, Adam specifically, was blamed. [Then they both ate of it, so their evil inclinations became manifest to them, and they both began to cover themselves with leaves of the garden, and Adam disobeyed his Lord, so his life became evil (to him).] (Ta-Ha 20:121)

http://www.islamonline.net/english/introducingislam/Individual/article05.shtml

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2009 at 11:01pm

The Concept of Forgiveness in Islam

Last Friday's speech by Dr. Jamal in Halifax, Canada, on forgiveness in Islam

He talks about about a question he received about whether there is room for forgiveness in Islam

http://www.islamonline.net/English/Islamic_Audio/Khutba/2009/04/Jumma_01/01.shtml

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2009 at 1:20pm

Purity of Intentions

Satisfaction When Seen Doing Good

When people are seen performing a good deed, they often cannot but feel good if they are praised for it. Islam does not consider this to be riya', as long as the person originally intended the deed for the sake of God, without wanting to be praised by people. A person must also have the feeling of humbleness and thankfulness to God that He helped him or her perform this good deed.

This means that if a person intends to secretly do a good deed without anybody knowing and by chance somebody sees him or her, then he or she gets a double reward: one for doing a good deed and another for not feeling vain. This was mentioned when the Prophet was asked his opinion about a person who had done a good deed and then people had praised him for it. So he said, "It is glad tidings for a believer (which he has received in this mortal world)" (Muslim).

Good and Evil Intentions

Sometimes people may have a sincere intention to do good, but due to uncontrollable or unexpected circumstances, they may not be able to fulfill this act. According to Islam, although this action was not actually done, they are still rewarded for it due to their sincere intention.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1154701741809&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version