Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Islamic Teachings - Dr. Jamal Badawi (Canada) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2010 at 1:22am
On the Event of the New Year

A recent speech by Dr. Badawi, and seven lessons of the migration of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, from Makkah to Madinah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eV9RLTXrE

(Part 1/2 - 9 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2010 at 12:41am

The Concept of Family in Islam

The Backbone of Society

In Islam, family is the cornerstone of the social system. Family is not a casual or spontaneous organization of people, but it is a divinely ordained institution. Family and marriage are regarded as noble and sacred; a social contract that confers mutual rights and obligations on the couple.

The progress and welfare of society or its breakdown can be traced to the strength and unity or to the weakness of the family. The weakness is a crucial indicator of the weakness of society, reflected by problems like juvenile delinquency, drug abuse, alcoholism, teenage pregnancies, and divorce.

The concept of an "extended family" is common in non-Western cultures, unlike the concept of a "nuclear family", which means a family consisting of just the parents and their children, that is common in the West. ...

Read more ...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 January 2010 at 2:47pm

The Timelessness of Prophet Muhammad's Message

Muslims believe in all the prophets and messengers that came before Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon them), and they believe that they all came with essentially the same message

But Prophet Muhammad's message is regarded as the final one, as part of God's plan to give humanity one final, universal reminder before declaring their religion complete ...

Read more ...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 January 2010 at 8:28am
Banning Burqa in France: A Prison Break?

The much anticipated 200 pages report by the French parliamentary committee was finally out few hours ago to call on a ban for the burqa, a full dress which covers up the woman’s body and face the ban is requested to occur in all schools, hospitals, public transport and government offices, saying the veil was an affront to French values.

But is the ban of burqa is for liberating the allegedly prisoned women or a slap in the face of democracy and freedom which France is bragging about?

Joined us in this show from London, Imam Ahmad Saad, the Imam of North London central mosque and from Halifax, and Dr. Jamal Badawi, he is a Professor Emeritus at St. Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in Canada, where he served as Professor of Religious Studies

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 29 January 2010 at 8:33am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 March 2010 at 2:13pm

Live Dialogue today with Dr. Badawi

On Muslim Minorities Issues - IOL - 4 March 2010

Q: I am thinking of studying law in Canada or the US. And I know that this is a difficult field since you specialize either in financial transactions (riba based) or other specialties which are haram. What is your perspective on this?

A: There is no ground to say that studying law in Canada is haram in itself. Even learning about financial transaction is not haram itself if the intention is to understand how the system operates to help establish justice in case of litigation. ...

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa/english/Browse.asp?hGuestID=ql96MM&hSession=Recent

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 12:31am
Dr. Badawi's Opinion on New Airport Scanners - IOL Radio

IOL Radio interviewed Dr. Jamal Badawi, a professor emeritus at St. Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in Canada, where he serves as Professor of Religious Studies to get the Islamic perspective of the sanctity of the human body.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2010 at 2:05am

Minarets Ban in Switzerland

A Friday speech a few months ago by Dr. Badawi on the ban of minarets in Switzerland, and what is behind it and the real factors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgHYdFJSCzI&feature=related

(Part 1/2 - 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2010 at 12:48pm
Islam & Coexistence

A Why-Islam interview with Dr. Jamal Badawi on issues related to co-existence from a Muslim perspective

http://www.youtube.com/user/877whyislam#p/c/899395BA98E9BF00/0/v0YB7MaRddg

(Part 1/9 - 5 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2010 at 3:50am
The Status of Women in Islam

The status of women in society is neither a new issue nor is it a fully settled one.

The position of Islam on this issue has been among the subjects presented to the Western reader with the least objectivity.

This paper is intended to provide a brief and authentic exposition of what Islam stands for in this regard. The teachings of Islam are based essentially on the Qur'an (God's revelation) and Hadeeth (elaboration by Prophet Muhammad).

The Qur'an and the Hadeeth, properly and unbiasedly understood, provide the basic source of authentication for any position or view which is attributed to Islam.

The paper starts with a brief survey of the status of women in the pre-Islamic era. It then focuses on these major questions: What is the position of Islam regarding the status of woman in society? How similar or different is that position from "the spirit of the time," which was dominant when Islam was revealed? How would this compare with the "rights" which were finally gained by woman in recent decades?

http://www.islamfortoday.com/womensrightsbadawi.htm

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 June 2010 at 12:03am

Misunderstood Qur'anic Verses

A talk by Dr. Jamal Badawi in Ottawa on understanding some misunderstood verses of the Qur'an, organized by the Ottawa Muslim Association:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AObukeV2Ink

(Part 1/7 - 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 July 2010 at 12:07am
Introduction to Roles and Responsibilities in a Family

Opening session to MCA 2008 Annual Conference Family Life

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8154006844241738841#

(40 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2010 at 12:27am
A Prophet Like Unto Moses

An audio recording with Dr. Badawi in the (Islam in Focus) series on Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, in the Bible

http://www.islamicity.com/islamitv/?ref=28

(29 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 August 2010 at 12:57am
A Justly Balanced Nation

In this talk, Dr. Badawi explains the concept of Muslims being a Justly Balanced Ummah or Nation, and the concept of (wassateyyah) in Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuKvZ3ISEL0

(Part 1 - 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 August 2010 at 1:33am

Can Diverse Faith Communities Justly and Peacefully Co-exist?

In this talk, Dr. Jamal Badawi gives 15 reasons from a Muslim point of view why diverse faith community can justly and peacefully co-exist: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u1f45DYIl0

(Part 1/8 - 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version