Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Expansion of Masjid Al Haram in Mecca Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 7 Next >>
jamilahz  
Graduate
Graduate
in exile
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jamilahz Replybullet Topic: Expansion of Masjid Al Haram in Mecca
    Posted: 19 July 2008 at 2:00am
I think this looks really amazing.

www.hudastore.com

www.theoneislam.com
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
hannah114  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hannah114 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 2:25am

subhanallah!

that really does look amazing

maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 4:23am
i don't think it's cool at all
"True religion invites us to become better people. False religion tells us that this has already occurred" - T.J. Winters
Old is Gold
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 4:31am
it actually breaks my heart to see this
especially while the Prophet pbuh explicitly forbade the cutting down of trees and killing of animals in the two Holy Cities

but when spirituality is labeled bid'ah all these things look awesome
just look at Dubai and it's horrible state
"True religion invites us to become better people. False religion tells us that this has already occurred" - T.J. Winters
Old is Gold
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 9:40am
Why Not ?

this expantion can help to decrease the overcrowdness.
I am not a scholar but this is not corruption because it is done for sake of the Muslim ummah, why not ?

Umar bin khattab himself has increase the size of the holly mosque

by the way ...why dubai is horrible ?!

But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 9:44am
the problem is Sa'i and Tawaf will still be crowded regardless of the expantion
But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:30am
I think they can easily afford to make the buildings a few kilometers away from the sanctuary and build a metro connecting it
no big deal! they're gazillionaires
there's something called sanctity and sacredness and adab and etiquettes and veneration and eminence
Imam Malik didn't even goto the toilet in Medina
he forbade animals from coming in to media because they poop around every where; so from defiling the city he forbade that
Old is Gold
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:32am
if you read the social statistics of the middle-east you would faint
brushing it under the carpet does no good instead a lot of harm
entire generations are destroyed and Muslim youth is almost lost
Old is Gold
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by maghi85

I think they can easily afford to make the buildings a few kilometers away from the sanctuary and build a metro connecting it
there's something called sanctity and sacredness and adab and etiquettes and veneration and eminence
he forbade animals from coming in to media because they poop around every where; so from defiling the city he forbade that

Sister forget about the buildings am talking about the holly mosque and finding more space for prayers

Things are not always black and white.. in Islam we have weighing up the benefits ..if the benefits for Muslims are more even if there was little haram, it can make it permissible ..like in this case

it will decrease over crowdness in the holly mosque..though some problem will not be solved but it is better than nothing

Edited by mai moslemah - 19 July 2008 at 12:33pm

maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by mai moslemah

Things are not always black and white.. in Islam we have weighing up the benefits ..if the benefits for Muslims are more even if there was little haram, it can make it permissible ..like in this case

I don't know where you get this usool from

the only usool that allows accepting haraam is when it is a matter of life and death. i.e. if you are starving and there's no food but a pig in front of you and no drink except alcohol. or showing your private parts to the doctor etc.

but from what I've been taught about Islam; Haraam isn't made halaal just so that things are convenient or comfortable or that I can chill out in my centrally airconditioned apartment 1000 feet above the Kaba

if your usool was correct then why reject usurious conventional banking
i mean there's so much trouble in finding an Islamic bank... why not make usury halaal?!
oh and prayers are so inconvenient in the winters especially with freezing cold water; why not just make it halaal to not pray in winters?!
Old is Gold
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:19pm
oh wait a minute; don't get me wrong
I never said these buildings were haram
just sacrilegious and a belittlement of the sanctity of the Holy Sanctuary

Edited by maghi85 - 19 July 2008 at 1:20pm
Old is Gold
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by mai moslemah

I don't know where you get this usool from

the only usool that allows accepting haraam is when it is a matter of life and death. i.e. if you are starving and there's no food but a pig in front of you and no drink except alcohol. or showing your private parts to the doctor etc.

but from what I've been taught about Islam; Haraam isn't made halaal just so that things are convenient or comfortable or that I can chill out in my centrally airconditioned apartment 1000 feet above the Kaba

if your usool was correct then why reject usurious conventional banking
i mean there's so much trouble in finding an Islamic bank... why not make usury halaal?!
oh and prayers are so inconvenient in the winters especially with freezing cold water; why not just make it halaal to not pray in winters?!

Sis, I will try to make my self more clear ..U did not understand any word from what I have said

I meant if the benefit over weight the harm this can make it permissible

You said this rule in the matter of life and death only..this is incorrect sister, you mentioned some examples which could be the only example u have heard regarding this topic, one of these examples does not include a matter of life and death " showing ur private part to the doctor " am i should be dying to have this excuse only ?!

Anyway,  You have gave an example of not to pray because it is so cold ?! You are making wrong comaprison here because prayers are pillar of Islam .

regarding the holly mosque, am not talking about cutting trees to build a hotel NOOOO..am talking about building a space for people to pray ( extention of the mosque) 

in this new extention it might take a Muslim half an hour or an hour to walk from the end of the extention to the kabaa.

Your suggestion is to make them walk from outside mekka on a bridge to the kabba..this is impossible for many people

This extention will make prayer, hajj ( which is a pillar of Islam )more easier for Muslims 

This over weight the harm which is cutting few trees ( there is very few trees in the desert) which is haram in the haram.

Umar bin khattab himself did that when he was a khalifa ..the size of the holy mosque at the time of the prophet is not enough for the number of Muslims now.Which show it is not only in the matter of life and death.

Emad  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Emad Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 2:42pm
I agree with maghi, may Allah protect Mecca from ever looking like that.  Now when you walk out of the haram, all you see is malls and big hotels.  Makkah is a place of spirituality, not materialism.  Any kind of spiritual benefit one gets from the kaba can easily be lost the second they step out and walk into the buildings.  All you see is people eating, buying, selling, you totally don't feel like you are in Mecca.  Some Muslims in the past used to crawl to go to Mecca (literally), why can't we just sacrifice some comfort? 

The purpose of hajj is to leave our lifestyle behind us and go focus on Allah in Mecca, if we bring our lifestyle with us, malls, fast food, 5 star hotels, then it is as if we did not perform hajj.  That is why so many people make hajj and return without changing at all, because their environment didn't change.  They made sure they have they same comfortable, overly materialistic environment they have at home was available for them in Mecca.  Finally, Mecca is not a place for vacations, therefore we do not need comfort and extravagance.  Mecca is a place of spirituality.  When some of us go to Mecca, we take it as if it is some kind of vacation area, thus we want the best hotel, the best food, drink, comfort etc.  You even see people making tawaf and talking on cell phones! 

Verily, either we or you are rightly guided or in plain error. (Quran Saba:24)

Emad@whyislam.org
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 3:25pm
sorry sister mai
I thought you said haram instead of harm
Old is Gold
Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version