Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Expansion of Masjid Al Haram in Mecca Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
whirlingEcstasy  
Mureed
Mureed
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whirlingEcstasy Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 3:45pm
Spiritual marketing and money shared between the corrupt royal princes and the jews and christians as usual.

Its a plunder of Makkah and its spiritual beauty, such a sad thing. Truly the sauds who were dacoits before becoming rulers with help of christians are pillaging and plundering Makkah.

They have no value for heritage. The fitrah of barbarians will never change.
Slave of ibn Arabi, Muqallid of Shaykh Sayed Abdul Qadir Al Gailany alaihira7ma wa ridhwan
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 3:53pm
tell me about it
95% of heritage is destroyed under the banner of shirk
and the silly part is that they've convinced a whole lot of Muslims that its okay for them to turn the house of Khadijah r.a. in to a toilet or turn the house in which the Prophet pbuh was born in to a library

"True religion invites us to become better people. False religion tells us that this has already occurred" - T.J. Winters
Old is Gold
whirlingEcstasy  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote whirlingEcstasy Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Emad

I agree with maghi, may Allah protect Mecca from ever looking like that.  Now when you walk out of the haram, all you see is malls and big hotels.  Makkah is a place of spirituality, not materialism.  Any kind of spiritual benefit one gets from the kaba can easily be lost the second they step out and walk into the buildings.  All you see is people eating, buying, selling, you totally don't feel like you are in Mecca.  Some Muslims in the past used to crawl to go to Mecca (literally), why can't we just sacrifice some comfort? 

The purpose of hajj is to leave our lifestyle behind us and go focus on Allah in Mecca, if we bring our lifestyle with us, malls, fast food, 5 star hotels, then it is as if we did not perform hajj.  That is why so many people make hajj and return without changing at all, because their environment didn't change.  They made sure they have they same comfortable, overly materialistic environment they have at home was available for them in Mecca.  Finally, Mecca is not a place for vacations, therefore we do not need comfort and extravagance.  Mecca is a place of spirituality.  When some of us go to Mecca, we take it as if it is some kind of vacation area, thus we want the best hotel, the best food, drink, comfort etc.  You even see people making tawaf and talking on cell phones! 

Emad you are perfectly right.

Besides how great would it be to do the hajj the way our Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallam did it, in utmost simplicity, the greatest Prophet  yet the mist humble man to tread on earth.

Yet people want to chill in makkah like its some holiday resort high above the ka'ba, astagfirullah.
I would prefer to be in the hot sun to get a feeling of the sacrifices of the first generation of Muslims.
May ALLAh uproot this parasitic and corrupt royal family forever. aameen
Slave of ibn Arabi, Muqallid of Shaykh Sayed Abdul Qadir Al Gailany alaihira7ma wa ridhwan
UmarZ  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote UmarZ Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 4:37pm
So then I assume you would all be in favor of leveling the current buildings, except the ka'aba of course and returning the whole area to dirt like it was in the time of the Prophet(saaws)?
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 4:38pm
no. that's another extreme
why jump from one extreme to another?
"True religion invites us to become better people. False religion tells us that this has already occurred" - T.J. Winters
Old is Gold
UmarZ  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote UmarZ Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 4:42pm
Because you are all complaining about how horrible it is. If you put it into perspective of how it was at the time of the Prophet(saaws) to how it is now that is a much greater change than the proposed expansion would be. 
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 4:47pm
there are necessities
and then there are wants

in scheduling we make a chart

it goes anti-clock wise... try using it for your work it'll help
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                               :
                                               :
URGENT & IMPORTANT            :           NOT URGENT NOT IMPORTANT
                                               :
                                               :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                               :
                                               :
URGENT BUT NOT IMPORTANT :         IMPORTANT BUT NOT URGENT
                                               :
                                               :
Old is Gold
Emad  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Emad Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by maghi85

there are necessities
and then there are wants

in scheduling we make a chart

it goes anti-clock wise... try using it for your work it'll help
                                               :
                                               :
URGENT & IMPORTANT            :           NOT URGENT NOT IMPORTANT
                                               :
                                               :
                                               :
                                               :
URGENT BUT NOT IMPORTANT :         IMPORTANT BUT NOT URGENT
                                               :
                                               :

Yes I agree, having Burger King and KFC right outside the kabah is not a necessity.  Having 5 star hotels with the most extravagant beds, foods, services is not a necessity. 
Verily, either we or you are rightly guided or in plain error. (Quran Saba:24)

Emad@whyislam.org
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 5:31pm
Salam

Ok, few things.  First and foremost, whether one dislikes or likes the Saudis shouldn't come into this.  This action should be judged purely on Islamic lines, not who is doing it.

There are a number of different things here:

* First and foremost, there is no doubt a need for the expansion of the masjid itself.  I think we can all agree on that.  I see no problem personally getting rid of old buildings if it done in order to expand the masjid.  Dynamic worship is more important than static history.
* The Quran is clear that trade is allowed during Hajj.
* There is a need for people to be provided with lodging and food during Hajj.  When I went to Hajj, there were a lot of Hajis lieing/sleeping in the street. 
* Hajj is a logisitical nightmare for anyone who has to organize it.  Maybe it would be wiser to ask the organizers why they propose such "luxury" rather than question thier motives.  Maybe this plan is being invoked for logisitcal reasons.
* These hotels may look grand on the outside, but on the inside it's just a basic hotel room.  I do a lot of travelling, and once you've seen one hotel, you've seen them all.  I was on Umrah in 2001 and staying at the Hilton, and certainly didn't feel that I was living in luxury.
* People have a choice when it comes to food.  When I went to Umrah, we chose not to have our breakfast at McDonalds or KFC but at the Islamabad Restaurant, where I got could cheap but yummy "channe puri" (a Pakistani breakfast speciality).
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
Emad  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Emad Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by hamayoun

Salam

* These hotels may look grand on the outside, but on the inside it's just a basic hotel room.  I do a lot of travelling, and once you've seen one hotel, you've seen them all.  I was on Umrah in 2001 and staying at the Hilton, and certainly didn't feel that I was living in luxury.
* People have a choice when it comes to food.  When I went to Umrah, we chose not to have our breakfast at McDonalds or KFC but at the Islamabad Restaurant, where I got could cheap but yummy "channe puri" (a Pakistani breakfast speciality).

Br hamayoun, I disagree that the hotels there are different than here.  Did you ever look at Dar al Tawhid or Dar al Taqwa in Mecca and Medina?  Just walk in the door of the hotel and you will notice nothing but extravagance. 
Verily, either we or you are rightly guided or in plain error. (Quran Saba:24)

Emad@whyislam.org
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 5:49pm
Salam

Honestly Emad, if you travel a lot you'll really see that the rooms themselves are basically the same... bed, TV, bathroom.
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
maghi85  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote maghi85 Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 5:49pm
Dar al taqwa, dar al tawhid 
Old is Gold
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by hamayoun

Salam

Ok, few things.  First and foremost, whether one dislikes or likes the Saudis shouldn't come into this.  This action should be judged purely on Islamic lines, not who is doing it.

There are a number of different things here:

* First and foremost, there is no doubt a need for the expansion of the masjid itself.  I think we can all agree on that.  I see no problem personally getting rid of old buildings if it done in order to expand the masjid.  Dynamic worship is more important than static history.
* The Quran is clear that trade is allowed during Hajj.
* There is a need for people to be provided with lodging and food during Hajj.  When I went to Hajj, there were a lot of Hajis lieing/sleeping in the street. 
* Hajj is a logisitical nightmare for anyone who has to organize it.  Maybe it would be wiser to ask the organizers why they propose such "luxury" rather than question thier motives.  Maybe this plan is being invoked for logisitcal reasons.

Voice of logic
But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 19 July 2008 at 7:09pm

There is everything in Mecca suit all level, rich and poor and yes some places which is near to the Kabaa are cheap .

Regardless THE EXPANTION IS A VERY GOOD IDEA :)

But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version